Do tourist visa extensions require a TM30 now?

samiam123

I went to the Jomtien immigration office yesterday asking to extend my multi-entry tourist visa another 30 days and they said I need to fill out a TM30 in addition to the TM7.  Is this new?  Seems like a huge added PiTA.  What do people do if they are staying in a hotel as many people on tourist visas are?  I don't think hotels typically want to deal with that stuff.

Edited by samiam123

It is a PiTA,  hotels do it online, but if you are staying in a private house or condo, the owner needs to do it.  If they won't, and many don't, just take whatever lease or rental paperwork you have to immigration and explain.  They are usually pretty good at being pragmatic, after all, they probably think its a waste of time too. Why dont you try the TM30 website?  others say it works fine. 

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30api/loginExternal.jsp?value=EXT&id=9e53626a44f13c49aa698b7aecca5878

• Like 1

5 hours ago, samiam123 said:

I went to the Jomtien immigration office yesterday asking to extend my multi-entry tourist visa another 30 days and they said I need to fill out a TM30 in addition to the TM7.  Is this new?  Seems like a huge added PiTA.  What do people do if they are staying in a hotel as many people on tourist visas are?  I don't think hotels typically want to deal with that stuff.

Yes, Jomtien immigration started requesting this, but it's not yours responsibility to do it and you can't do it. Please read this post from yesterday and if you need help, reach out to me.

4 hours ago, Pinetree said:

It is a PiTA,  hotels do it online, but if you are staying in a private house or condo, the owner needs to do it.  If they won't, and many don't, just take whatever lease or rental paperwork you have to immigration and explain.  They are usually pretty good at being pragmatic, after all, they probably think its a waste of time too. Why dont you try the TM30 website?  others say it works fine. 

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30api/loginExternal.jsp?value=EXT&id=9e53626a44f13c49aa698b7aecca5878

The TM30 is not his responsibility so he has no authority to do it. Only the hotel or condo owner does. The only way for him to handle it by himself is to hire an agent to sort it out or ask the hotel out condo owner for the TM30 receipt. Then agent will require the lease contract and the fine paid on behalf of the hotel or condo owner of 800 Baht plus the agent's fee. 

• Thanks 1

When I went to immigration they gave me a piece of paper with the following information. 

Make sure you have copies of:
Passport (data page)
Arrival stamp page
Visa page
Rental contract
House registration (blue book)
ID card of the owner

In addition to that list they also gave me a TM30 and TM7 to fill out. Some of the comments here seem to indicate that TM30 paper is for me to give the hotel/condo to fill out and submit directly if they haven't already, not for me to bring in with me.

23 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

When I went to immigration they gave me a piece of paper with the following information. 

Make sure you have copies of:
Passport (data page)
Arrival stamp page
Visa page
Rental contract
House registration (blue book)
ID card of the owner

In addition to that list they also gave me a TM30 and TM7 to fill out. Some of the comments here seem to indicate that TM30 paper is for me to give the hotel/condo to fill out and submit directly if they haven't already, not for me to bring in with me.

They will ask to see the TM30 receipt in Jomtien. I have first hand accounts of this from our partner who does hundreds of extensions there.

14 hours ago, TLP said:

They will ask to see the TM30 receipt in Jomtien. I have first hand accounts of this from our partner who does hundreds of extensions there.

Good to know, thanks.

On 11/17/2023 at 2:42 AM, TLP said:

Having now done this, I now know that they want to see a TM.30.  Otherwise known as "Receipt of Notification".  They took my stamped original and photocopy.  I don't know if they need both.  Talking to another person there also renewing their tourist visa, they only gave the immigration officers in the queue line their photocopy so that may be good enough.

I held back my TM.30 just to see what they would say. They said they wanted some documentation on what hotel I am staying at.   As soon as I gave them the TM.30 they appeared completely satisfied and gave me my queue number, so I am assuming that is exactly what they want.

Edited by samiam123

Also, I saw a sign at the immigration office saying you can submit the paperwork online.  I didn't know about that until I saw that sign.

https://thaiextension.vfsevisa.com/

Going through the signup process,  It looks like it covers single-entry TR 60 but not multi-entry, because it doesn't let me enter a visa expiry date longer than about 45 days from now, so I think I still need to take my paperwork to the immigration office for a multi-entry.

Edited by samiam123

23 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

Having now done this, I now know that they want to see a TM.30.  Otherwise known as "Receipt of Notification".  They took my stamped original and photocopy.  I don't know if they need both.  Talking to another person there also renewing their tourist visa, they only gave the immigration officers in the queue line their photocopy so that may be good enough.

I held back my TM.30 just to see what they would say. They said they wanted some documentation on what hotel I am staying at.   As soon as I gave them the TM.30 they appeared completely satisfied and gave me my queue number, so I am assuming that is exactly what they want.

Perfect!!!

The regular practice at Immigration is that before they will provide you with any service (e.g. an extension of stay), your local Immigration Office will want to see 'evidence' that you are staying at an address in their province. The form used for providing that evidence is the TM-30 (Notification to Immigration of the address where you are staying).

When you are a tourist and staying at a Hotel/guesthouse, it is simply a matter of asking the reception of the Hotel/guesthouse for a copy of that TM-30, which they are required to make to notify local Immigration that a foreigner is staying at their premises.  

When you are staying with friends or in the house/condo of your (girl)friend, in principle it is the owner of the premises that has to make that TM-30 notification, but you can do it on their behalf.  So in that case you need a copy of the housebook (signed by the owner) as well as a signed copy of the front/back cover of the Thai ID-card of the owner, and bring those along with the filled in TM-30 form (see attached).

TM-30 notification.pdf

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

The regular practice at Immigration is that before they will provide you with any service (e.g. an extension of stay), your local Immigration Office will want to see 'evidence' that you are staying at an address in their province. The form used for providing that evidence is the TM-30 (Notification to Immigration of the address where you are staying).

When you are a tourist and staying at a Hotel/guesthouse, it is simply a matter of asking the reception of the Hotel/guesthouse for a copy of that TM-30, which they are required to make to notify local Immigration that a foreigner is staying at their premises.  

When you are staying with friends or in the house/condo of your (girl)friend, in principle it is the owner of the premises that has to make that TM-30 notification, but you can do it on their behalf.  So in that case you need a copy of the housebook (signed by the owner) as well as a signed copy of the front/back cover of the Thai ID-card of the owner, and bring those along with the filled in TM-30 form (see attached).

TM-30 notification.pdf 469.21 kB · 0 downloads

I was staying in a Condo and they didn't submit a TM30 , they had no idea what a TM30 was .

I managed to submit the TM30 myself to immigration , just needed to condo owners Thai I.D card and the form filled out .

It was so much hassle filling the T.M  30, that next time I just stayed in a different hotel for the night and made sure they did the TM 30 .

I asked about TM 30's at Chiang Rai immigration last week and they said that if the Condo /Hotel does it online , then I just need to tell them which hotel and they can check online

• Like 1