TM30 and 90 day report

Guys, I just wanted to make a general comment about the TM30. This is the owner of the house's responsibility and not the tenant. Landlords renting out their properties to foreign tenants are held liable for the proper completion and submission of the report, with the TM30 report applying to all foreigners staying in Thailand, including those with Non-Immigrant B Visas, Tourist visas, here on visa exemption or visa one arrival, Retirement Visas, Student Visas, Guardian  visas and Thai wife or spouse Visas. Landlords who fail to file the TM30 report regarding the attendance of a foreign tenant in their rented out property will face a fine of 800-2000 Baht. 

For the tenant, the TM30 receipt is required for your first 90 day report at any new address. Once that is done, you will no longer need to show it when you do your report and you can start to file your report online. Coincidently, by law, if you leave the country, your landlord is required to file another TM30 when you arrive back to Thailand. However, due to the discontinuation of the TM6 info in the 90 day report online system, the system will still let you  continue making the online report, even if the TM30 was not submitted again. I have left the country three times since last October and my landlord never filed a new TM30. I have continued to file my online report every month online with no issues. If one leaves the country and then returns to the same address, the 90 day report timeline will reset again to 0 and you will need to file the report again in 90 days. Reports can be made up to 15 days before they are due and 7 days after. If you do your report after, you will need to do it in person. Hope this helps everyone.

If anyone has issues with either of the reports, sign up for TLP and we can help. Learn more at: www.thailegalprotection.com or watch this video to learn more: 

Edited by TLP
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TLP said:

Guys, I just wanted to make a general comment about the TM30. This is the owner of the house's responsibility and not the tenant. Landlords renting out their properties to foreign tenants are held liable for the proper completion and submission of the report, with the TM30 report applying to all foreigners staying in Thailand, including those with Non-Immigrant B Visas, Tourist visas, here on visa exemption or visa one arrival, Retirement Visas, Student Visas, Guardian  visas and Thai wife or spouse Visas. Landlords who fail to file the TM30 report regarding the attendance of a foreign tenant in their rented out property will face a fine of 800-2000 Baht. 

For the tenant, the TM30 receipt is required for your first 90 day report at any new address. Once that is done, you will no longer need to show it when you do your report and you can start to file your report online. Coincidently, by law, if you leave the country, your landlord is required to file another TM30 when you arrive back to Thailand. However, due to the discontinuation of the TM6 info in the 90 day report online system, the system will still let you  continue making the online report, even if the TM30 was not submitted again. I have left the country three times since last October and my landlord never filed a new TM30. I have continued to file my online report every month online with no issues. If one leaves the country and then returns to the same address, the 90 day report timeline will reset again to 0 and you will need to file the report again in 90 days. Reports can be made up to 15 days before they are due and 7 days after. If you do your report after, you will need to do it in person. Hope this helps everyone.

If anyone has issues with either of the reports, sign up for TLP and we can help. Learn more at: www.thailegalprotection.com or watch this video to learn more: 

Very helpful for those who are confused by the process. 

I do not know whether this information is already well known, but it was new to me:

You can do the whole TM30 registration process online. It is easy and quick:

https://tm30.io/faq

I just did it and it took 10 minutes including the registration of my account.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Volker said:

I do not know whether this information is already well known, but it was new to me:

Just so you are aware, the TM30 is not your responsibility. It is the house owners. That is the point. So unless you are doing your own TM30 because you bought a condo, the landlord should the one doing it for you. That is the law. If you chose to create an account in the online system on behalf of the house owner and did the report for your landlord, that is your business. Glad it worked out for you.

32 minutes ago, TLP said:

Just so you are aware, the TM30 is not your responsibility. It is the house owners. That is the point. So unless you are doing your own TM30 because you bought a condo, the landlord should the one doing it for you. That is the law. If you chose to create an account in the online system on behalf of the house owner and did the report for your landlord, that is your business. Glad it worked out for you.

The landlord should do it, but you as the visitor can also do it.

Quote from the website: "Even though you shouldn't have to, you can register yourself if you're worried that your host or landlord won't do it for you and you want to make sure that your stay is legal. All you have to do is complete the steps below."

9 minutes ago, Volker said:

Quote from the website: "Even though you shouldn't have to, you can register yourself if you're worried that your host or landlord won't do it for you and you want to make sure that your stay is legal. All you have to do is complete the steps below."

Exactly what I suggested in another post, only to be corrected , wrongly as it turned out, by someone on here who is vomiting posts recently, not all of which are relevant or useful. 

19 minutes ago, Volker said:

I get your point. The reason that is there is because there are situations where the landlords may refuse to do it. Then the online platform is the only option. Why? Because if you had to do it in person at immigration on behalf of the landlord, you would need a power of attorney from them or you would have to use an agent. 

I have just received an email confirming the registration of my accomodation (wife`s house) and also of my TM30 report. The whole process took less than an hour!

For those who want to try it: You need to upload photos of:

Address page of the blue book

ID Card of landlord

First page of passport of guest

If the house was not registered with the immigration before, this is done in the process.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Volker said:

I have just received an email confirming the registration of my accomodation (wife`s house) and also of my TM30 report. The whole process took less than an hour!

For those who want to try it: You need to upload photos of:

Address page of the blue book

ID Card of landlord

First page of passport of guest

If the house was not registered with the immigration before, this is done in the process.

This is a little different as the house belongs to your wife. She can very easily give you what you need and you can file online for her. The issue is mainly for people that need the receipt for their first 90 day report at a new address or for a visa extension in Pattaya where they now require a TM30 receipt for a tourist visa or visa exempt extension. For those using air BNB, it is extremely challenging .

5 minutes ago, TLP said:

Why? Because if you had to do it in person at immigration on behalf of the landlord, you would need a power of attorney from them or you would have to use an agent. 

That is just not true.  I registered in my first rented property myself.  I explained the situation to the girl on the TM30 desk, showed her my lease agreement, and she issued my TM30.

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

That is just not true.  I registered in my first rented property myself.  I explained the situation to the girl on the TM30 desk, showed her my lease agreement, and she issued my TM30.

Then you were lucky. Just because they did this for you does not mean they will do it for everyone. What I have said is the law. What you are saying is the same as saying that you entered Thailand on visa exemption 10 times in 1 calendar year and you were never refused entry, so that means that everyone that does the same will also not be refused entry. That's just not true. I don't understand why you want to debate something like this. There is no need to debate this. I am just quoting what the law is. As we all know, this is Thailand and anything can happen. Anyways,  I am glad they were able to help you on that day and that's all that matters. Cheers

1 hour ago, TLP said:

Then you were lucky. Just because they did this for you does not mean they will do it for everyone. What I have said is the law. What you are saying is the same as saying that you entered Thailand on visa exemption 10 times in 1 calendar year and you were never refused entry, so that means that everyone that does the same will also not be refused entry. That's just not true. I don't understand why you want to debate something like this. There is no need to debate this. I am just quoting what the law is. As we all know, this is Thailand and anything can happen. Anyways,  I am glad they were able to help you on that day and that's all that matters. Cheers

I know that these interpretations of Immigration law are very Office specific.  I find that the Jomtien IO is generally very efficient and accommodating.  My feeling is to try the simple and cheapest avenues first, before resorting to Lawyers or Agents. Visitors maybe surprised at the wide flexibilities available to IOs.  Not all Offices are as accommodating, or as used to expats and visitors as are the Jomtien Office, and probably the Offices in Bangkok and Chang Mai, I can't speak for Phuket. Having said that, I have used an agent for my Annual Extension for a few years now.  I do that to avoid the queues  and hassle of visiting the office.  

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I know that these interpretations of Immigration law are very Office specific.  I find that the Jomtien IO is generally very efficient and accommodating.  My feeling is to try the simple and cheapest avenues first, before resorting to Lawyers or Agents. Visitors maybe surprised at the wide flexibilities available to IOs.  Not all Offices are as accommodating, or as used to expats and visitors as are the Jomtien Office, and probably the Offices in Bangkok and Chang Mai, I can't speak for Phuket. Having said that, I have used an agent for my Annual Extension for a few years now.  I do that to avoid the queues  and hassle of visiting the office.  

Very true. In my experience, Jomtien is hit and miss, but Bangkok is not very accommodating at all. Its great that you have the skills to do a lot off stuff by yourself. Who wouldn't want to save money if they could. If you look further into our membership, you will see that it is geared towards teaching our members how to do things themselves. If they get stuck, they receive discounts off of legal services. Here is what you get for no additional charge in the membership. FYI

1. Legal services provided by licensed, English-speaking, Thai attorneys.
  2. Unlimited phone consultations for legal advice on Thai visas, immigration, and work permits.
  3. Unlimited phone consultations on all aspects of Thai law, including marriage, divorce, adoption, property, contracts, criminal issues, civil issues, business set up, and more.
  4. Includes unlimited advice on visa applications for Thai citizens to visit other countries.
  5. Provides contract reviews* before you sign, including condo leases!
  6. Legal calls and legal notices to resolve disputes or issues on the client’s behalf.
  7. 24-hour hotline for emergency legal issues such as accidents or trouble with the police.
  8. Free last will and testament created under the plan.
  9. Free living will and registration of members’ emergency contacts and directives, including an Emergency Wallet Card to inform first responders to contact us to obtain the member’s emergency contacts and directives.
  10. Enquiries about opening a business in Thailand can be made under the personal plan.
  11. Exclusive discounts up to 25% from TLP authorized service providers for concerns that go beyond membership services.
  12. No contract or obligation, members can cancel at any time.

Maybe you will understand better now.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2023 at 5:56 PM, TLP said:

This is the owner of the house's responsibility and not the tenant. 

A slight correction if I may.  Not necessarily the owner of the property but the 'House Master'. That is usually the owner but not always.

I have a legal, registered Usufruct agreement.  For those not familiar, a Usufruct gives the holder a full right to live in and enjoy the property (in some ways as if they were the owner) for a fixed period - usually until the holder dies.

Korat Immigration accepted that I was the 'House Master' and therefore allowed me to register TM30 myself.

I have heard but can't offer any evidence, that some people with along term lease have also been able to register themselves and that some offices don't care, as long as somebody does the registration (far more sensible which is unusual 😀).

Note: I made this post before seeing the discussion above.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

A slight correction if I may.  Not necessarily the owner of the property but the 'House Master'. That is usually the owner but not always.

I have a legal, registered Usufruct agreement.  For those not familiar, a Usufruct gives the holder a full right to live in and enjoy the property (in some ways as if they were the owner) for a fixed period - usually until the holder dies.

Korat Immigration accepted that I was the 'House Master' and therefore allowed me to register TM30 myself.

I have heard but can't offer any evidence, that some people with along term lease have also been able to register themselves and that some offices don't care, as long as somebody does the registration (far more sensible which is unusual 😀).

An example of this would be a property agent that has power of attorney to lease out the owner's condo on their behalf and sign the lease contract and so on. You are absolutely correct. However, no need to complicate matters for my post so I just mentioned the owner  Cheers 

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2023 at 10:44 AM, Volker said:

I had a nightmare trying to do my tm30 on the official immigration app, half the time I couldn’t access it, then it just sent me in circles it was very frustrating. I took your advice logged into the registration as you advised and completed it in around 10 minutes, huge thank you from me. 

On 11/21/2023 at 7:32 PM, Smiler said:

I had a nightmare trying to do my tm30 on the official immigration app, half the time I couldn’t access it, then it just sent me in circles it was very frustrating. I took your advice logged into the registration as you advised and completed it in around 10 minutes, huge thank you from me. 

I used to use the TM30 app but at some point it has stopped working. I registered online without any problems and did it that way. I own my own condo so just uploaded the deeds. Approval was so quick that it must have been done automatically.

On 11/17/2023 at 10:44 AM, Volker said:

I did a report TM30 and TM47 a couple of weeks ago.  Really easy and simple.  Got my next 90-day report due paper for next year.  This was to Chiang Mai

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have used Hotels and AirBnb and only a few times that i know of was a TM30 completed (I only checked once as I needed it for a visa extension renewal).  I know this as the IO showed me a list of TM30s that had been reported on me nd many places were missing :)

I saw mention of a "TM30 receipt" - so this is something the landlord can provide?  Is it an actualy receipt or just a copy of the form they complete?

16 hours ago, Dezmo said:

I have used Hotels and AirBnb and only a few times that i know of was a TM30 completed (I only checked once as I needed it for a visa extension renewal).  I know this as the IO showed me a list of TM30s that had been reported on me nd many places were missing :)

I saw mention of a "TM30 receipt" - so this is something the landlord can provide?  Is it an actualy receipt or just a copy of the form they complete?

I stay in a condo that I own and when I used to submit my TM30 on a paper form they used to return a receipt of notification. Now I do the TM30 online there is no receipt as such but if I need proof of submission I can just take a screenshot of the notification. However as I do my 90 day report online I haven’t needed it. Does this answer your question?IMG_6471.jpeg.fedfefaba6b746ce23dd43640b90a24a.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

I stay in a condo that I own and when I used to submit my TM30 on a paper form they used to return a receipt of notification. Now I do the TM30 online there is no receipt as such but if I need proof of submission I can just take a screenshot of the notification. However as I do my 90 day report online I haven’t needed it. Does this answer your question?IMG_6471.jpeg.fedfefaba6b746ce23dd43640b90a24a.jpeg

Thanks... i was not sure if there was some official receipt. This sounds reasonable.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a question. I went abroad and went back to Thailand last April 11, I did not know that I need to update my agent about my TM30 that I already got back. I just message my agent right now (April 15), is there a fine or is there going to be an issue with my 90 days? When is my 90 days will start at the day I arrive back here or the day they registered my updated tm30?

Last April 11th?  2024?  Your new 90 days begins on the day you arrived in the country.  That 90 day count has nothing to do with when your TM30 is filed.

If you are returning to the same residence, no need to file another TM30.

If you are in a different residence, file a new TM30.

• Like 1