News Forum - Chilled vibes: Beat smelly fridge odours with toilet paper

Thaiger

A new social media trend is sweeping social media, with many people placing toilet paper in their refrigerators. This strange behaviour has puzzled many, leading to questions about the potential benefits of such an act. The answer, surprisingly, lies in combating unpleasant odours and excess moisture. Excessive moisture in a fridge often results in the … …

The story Chilled vibes: Beat smelly fridge odours with toilet paper as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

On second thought, this isn't all that exaggerated for anyone with enough "real Thailand" time under their belts.  Uncovered plates of uncooked or cooked/left over food items can be found in Thai refrigerators.  My wife's countryside family does.  I knew another guy's Thai wife who routinely put uncovered, leftover food in the microwave for overnight storage, warm it up and give it to him the next day for lunch (14 hours later).  Take a wander through average Thai pub/restaurant kitchens, and have a look in the fridge.  Some will make your eyes water, never mind the ants, mice, rats and years of spider webs on the ceiling. 

My wife didn't know any better at first but with time, world travel and exposure, adopted sensible (Western?) habits with food prep, storage and sanitary kitchen practices.  Our fridge has no odors.  It's not rocket surgery. 🙃

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TWS60 said:

On second thought, this isn't all that exaggerated for anyone with enough "real Thailand" time under their belts.  Uncovered plates of uncooked or cooked/left over food items can be found in Thai refrigerators.  My wife's countryside family does.  I knew another guy's Thai wife who routinely put uncovered, leftover food in the microwave for overnight storage, warm it up and give it to him the next day for lunch (14 hours later).  Take a wander through average Thai pub/restaurant kitchens, and have a look in the fridge.  Some will make your eyes water, never mind the ants, mice, rats and years of spider webs on the ceiling. 

My wife didn't know any better at first but with time, world travel and exposure, adopted sensible (Western?) habits with food prep, storage and sanitary kitchen practices.  Our fridge has no odors.  It's not rocket surgery. 🙃

When my wife 1st got to Canada I was on her about storing her leftover food properly in the fridge 

I guess she got tired of me banging on about it, so Unbeknownst to me she was putting her leftover food in the oven 

One night I was out drinking after work and came home hungry and popped a frozen pizza in the oven

10mins later was the worst smell imaginable 

I found her "stash " and lost my God Damn mind!    😀

Well she started storing her leftovers in the fridge from that day on......

• Like 2