Monday UPDATE: 15,376 new infections, Provincial report

Thaiger

Thailand’s public health department has confirmed another 15,376 new infections and 87 Covid-related deaths over the past 24 hours. 1,041 of the new cases are from the Thai prison system. Thailand has now reached half a million reported Covid infections since the start of 2020. Just 4 months ago, when the so-called 3rd wave kicked off, there were 1,247 patients in Thai hospitals. Now that number has reached 167,057 with 967 patients on ventilators Provincial totals from NBT… • Thailand’s Ministry of Education will seek Cabinet approval for 21.6 billion baht to subsidise education costs, at 2,000 baht per student in […]

The post Monday UPDATE: 15,376 new infections, Provincial report appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

These numbers are the thin edge of the wedge until some radical action is taken. Thanks to the Thai Government this can only spiral out of control. Whilst the likes of Prayut Chan-o cha spent some of his life playing 'Action Man', I spent a few years working in ab Isolation Hospital. But he knows best, along with his brown nosing flunkies.

I fear for the Thais. Third World Country just around he corner.

• Like 1

For the avoidance of doubt and as I said yesterday I find these DAILY numbers deeply worrying. The daily total was listed in Saturdays' publication as 101 and yesterday 180. Now today we see a Daily total of 241  which is is a significant increase in DAILY totals and very worrying for those of us that live here. Of course these are not really todays DAILY totals rather DAILY totals for the previous days i.e Friday, Saturday and yesterday.

From what I am told this spread mainly stems from returnees to the Southern areas of Udon Thani but I have no evidence to support that claim. However notices from health officials in Thai in Udon Thani indicates that this appears to be the case according to my wife. Hopefully once there are no further returnees then these DAILY totals will stabilise and hopefully then start to decrease.

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

For the avoidance of doubt and as I said yesterday I find these DAILY numbers deeply worrying. The daily total was listed in Saturdays' publication as 101 and yesterday 180. Now today we see a Daily total of 241  which is is a significant increase in DAILY totals and very worrying for those of us that live here. Of course these are not really todays DAILY totals rather DAILY totals for the previous days i.e Friday, Saturday and yesterday.

From what I am told this spread mainly stems from returnees to the Southern areas of Udon Thani but I have no evidence to support that claim. However notices from health officials in Thai in Udon Thani indicates that this appears to be the case according to my wife. Hopefully once there are no further returnees then these DAILY totals will stabilise and hopefully then start to decrease.

Is Udon under restrictions in terms of hospitality such as bars restaurants and shops? I have friends in Korat who seem to be going about their daily life as normal. Visiting shops, having lunch in restaurants. Coffee and cake in the afternoon. Unless this social mixing stops, the the numbers will keep on increasing, and without vaccination the hospitalisations and deaths will surely follow . How can it not?  

I think what we will see in a next few weeks is that provinces will not be able to hide numbers and point fingers to Bangkok. Bangkok has higher innovation rate than any other province, except Phuket maybe. And numbers will drop now. However all those great provinces ready to open will have to face the music and stop being nice. 

12 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Is Udon under restrictions in terms of hospitality such as bars restaurants and shops? I have friends in Korat who seem to be going about their daily life as normal. Visiting shops, having lunch in restaurants. Coffee and cake in the afternoon. Unless this social mixing stops, the the numbers will keep on increasing, and without vaccination the hospitalisations and deaths will surely follow . How can it not?  

Bars are closed, restaurants in the city have had early closure and no alcohol sales imposed as I understand. There are a lot of voluntary measures out in the sticks where I live as people are very mindful how easy it is to transmit this virus. Certainly in the villages in my Amphur family members have imposed upon themselves or those of their family here , self isolation measures to attempt to keep people safe. Much is made and mocked , usually by ignorant Bangkokians of the stupid Issan people but let me assure you stupid they are not, rather they show more common sense then those elsewhere whom think themselves superior and yes I am ashamed to say that includes many many foreigners too.

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Bars are closed, restaurants in the city have had early closure and no alcohol sales imposed as I understand. There are a lot of voluntary measures out in the sticks where I live as people are very mindful how easy it is to transmit this virus. Certainly in the villages in my Amphur family members have imposed upon themselves or those of their family here , self isolation measures to attempt to keep people safe. Much is made and mocked , usually by ignorant Bangkokians of the stupid Issan people but let me assure you stupid they are not, rather they show more common sense then those elsewhere whom think themselves superior and yes I am ashamed to say that includes many many foreigners too.

Thanks for the update. I agree local communities have far more social responsibility than the Thong Lor crowd in BKK

• Like 1

Secondhand smoke particle diameter is about 200 nanometers but the diameter of COVID virus is only half of that. It is so tiny the usual masks used are like volleyball nets against small marble pebbles. Also eyes should be covered if you want a proper protection.

• Like 1