News Forum - Disabled woman dies after being electrocuted while crossing road

Thaiger

A disabled Thai woman died after being electrocuted when she touched a lamppost on Pathum-Sam Kok Road in Pathum Thani province near Bangkok. A Thai woman, Yupha Khantapao, reported the death of the victim, 46 year old Wilai Thepsaen, at Sam Kok Police Station. Yupha said she had a grocery shop on the road and witnessed … …

The story Disabled woman dies after being electrocuted while crossing road as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Unfortunately not too uncommon here, and a cautionary tale for others. 

Remember 1 a handful of years ago, wading through seasonal rain flood waters, reportedly zapped by one of those lighted advert signs on the sidewalk in front of a shop.  Another person in BKK done after getting out of a Condo swimming pool, also touched a nearby light post. 

The one that moved me to call in a Sparks to double check all my household equipment and Earth grounding was a fellow in his flat in BKK who got done touching his refrigerator - believe his bare foot was touching a small puddle of standing water on the floor as he did. 

Boom.   Just like that.   Careful out there, folks.  😵‍💫

1 hour ago, TWS60 said:

Unfortunately not too uncommon here, and a cautionary tale for others. 

Remember 1 a handful of years ago, wading through seasonal rain flood waters, reportedly zapped by one of those lighted advert signs on the sidewalk in front of a shop.  Another person in BKK done after getting out of a Condo swimming pool, also touched a nearby light post. 

The one that moved me to call in a Sparks to double check all my household equipment and Earth grounding was a fellow in his flat in BKK who got done touching his refrigerator - believe his bare foot was touching a small puddle of standing water on the floor as he did. 

Boom.   Just like that.   Careful out there, folks.  😵‍💫

Shocking story....

I have a habit, over a few years now, of slight touching any electric appliance before I fully commit to using it.  It's a reflex action, born of stories like the one above.  Example loading of the washing machine is done with the power off and the plug removed.  I also unplug it before unloading it.  OCD I know, but still.....