News Forum - Xinjiang violence: China soughts international media to counter claims

Thaiger

China has opened its doors to a number of international media organisations to showcase its claimed victory in quelling terrorism-related violence in its troubled region, Xinjiang. A senior journalist from Bangkok Post, Mongkol Bangprapa, who also presides over the Thai Journalists Association, was among the 22 guests invited. The delegates were predominantly from 17 countries … …

The story Xinjiang violence: China soughts international media to counter claims as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

On 11/2/2023 at 6:09 AM, Thaiger said:

China has opened its doors to a number of international media organisations to showcase its claimed victory in quelling terrorism-related violence in its troubled region, Xinjiang

Yep I guess by now the main protagonists are all either dead or have safely 'disappeared' and everyone else knows to say nothing against the CCP and their behaviour or they will suffer the same fate!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vigo said:

Ahh yes the  persecution of the muslim Uighurs. No protests from the muslim world. No western protest marches. No word from our forum pundits.

Yep. No protests from the Muslim world whatsoever. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-indonesia-protests-uighurs-idUSKCN1OK195

Nope 

https://apnews.com/general-news-4e8d93bd75803a44f9b7bdd9e48f5186

Nah 

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/indonesian-students-rally-against-china-over-uyghurs/2188786

They just didn't care did they.....

9 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

You are correct, they do not care. Apnews says hundreds, while reuters  says 1000 protested outside the Chinese embassy in Jakarta.   Tens of thousands of muslim protestors have been out and about in the arab world protesting the Gaza situation. Not a word on EU or North American university campuses. It's nice that you referenced an article from 2021. How about from 2023?     Double standard? I don't see anyone in muslim world calling or boycott of China or divestment from China. 

11 million muslim Uyghurs are under Chinese control. Unlike Israel's muslims, Chinese muslims are subject to religious restrictions and are not allowed to freely teach their culture or language in the school system. It has been documented that the population is subject to forced labour and sterilizations.  Quite a contrast to the israeli muslim population which keeps growing exponentially. There is no forced labour of any muslim in Israel. One would expect that the plight and intentional culling of  China's muslims  would cause some concern in the Arab world. Nope.  Not even a murmur of  distress from Mr. Erdogan. And no one is   attacking Chinese airplanes in  Russia's Dagestan. This is blatant hypocrisy.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Vigo said:

Ahh yes the  persecution of the muslim Uighurs. No protests from the muslim world. No western protest marches. No word from our forum pundits.

Maybe only if it is being done by Chinese Jews they would burn flags and squawk. Myanmar as well, but no one wants their muslims either.

• Like 2

I met a Han Chinese lady and her mother from this province in my Koh Samui restaurant a few months ago, the daughter managed to leave the province some years ago and has never returned. It took her many months to get a visa for her mother to be allowed to leave the province and travel abroad. I asked her what the real situation is like and are the muslims actually detained or is it like the CCP tell us. She assured me that there is limited freedom for muslim Uyghurs from this province and many are detained in various detention centres, some low risk and some high! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vigo said:

You are correct, they do not care. Apnews says hundreds, while reuters  says 1000 protested outside the Chinese embassy in Jakarta.   Tens of thousands of muslim protestors have been out and about in the arab world protesting the Gaza situation. Not a word on EU or North American university campuses. It's nice that you referenced an article from 2021. How about from 2023?     Double standard? I don't see anyone in muslim world calling or boycott of China or divestment from China. 

11 million muslim Uyghurs are under Chinese control. Unlike Israel's muslims, Chinese muslims are subject to religious restrictions and are not allowed to freely teach their culture or language in the school system. It has been documented that the population is subject to forced labour and sterilizations.  Quite a contrast to the israeli muslim population which keeps growing exponentially. There is no forced labour of any muslim in Israel. One would expect that the plight and intentional culling of  China's muslims  would cause some concern in the Arab world. Nope.  Not even a murmur of  distress from Mr. Erdogan. And no one is   attacking Chinese airplanes in  Russia's Dagestan. This is blatant hypocrisy.

You crack me up...😆😆😆

You say,"No protests from the muslim world."

I give links to news stories showing protests happened. 

now you try to move the goalposts because the protests aren't good enough!!!😆😆😆

Just try to check sometimes before you post....🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

You crack me up...😆😆😆

You say,"No protests from the muslim world."

I give links to news stories showing protests happened. 

now you try to move the goalposts because the protests aren't good enough!!!😆😆😆

Just try to check sometimes before you post....🙏🙏🙏

The protests you reference are small and inconsequential. It is about perspective and realpolitik. Yes, there is some protest in some muslim countries. However there is something very wrong, morally wrong when only a few hundred at best come out to protest the  mistreatment of Chinese  muslims, which is a systemic planned ethnic cleansing, while tens of thousands  will come out to  attack the US embassy in Jakarta to protest Israel's war with Hamas. The leftists and their muslim allies were out in full force this past week in the EU and on North American  university campuses protesting the Gaza war and blaming the kidnap victims. Meanwhile, not a word has been said about another  execution of a gay man in iran for  the crime of being  gay. The tranny brigade was up and about singing protest songs at Columbia University, but  not a whisper about the persecution of gays in Iran. Thousands came out to  protest in Tunis and in Istanbul. erdogan cut his diplomatic ties to Israel (again). And yet, not one Arab country has cut its diplomatic ties  to Turkey despite the systemic decades long persecution and execution of the heroic Kurds. It was the Kurds who stood up against the Hizbollah, Iranian Republican Guards and Assad forces and who protected  millions of Syrians against them and ISIL. And yet they have been abandoned by the Arab world. That's the point.  The muslims can always find time to demand the end of Israel (and the USA and UK too) but never ever do they rally against their own killing and horrors. 

I remind you that it was the  Christian and jewish charitable organizations that sponsored Syrian refugees to come to Western countries. it was the west that took in millions of Syrians and afghani refugees and other muslim refugees fleeing North Africa.  Today Arab militias are still killing and enslaving ethnic black Africans in the Darfur. Not a word of condemnation form any muslim nation, Russia or China. NOT A WORD. It is the Christian and Jewish western charities who are providing the emergency care for these people. What about you? Can you take some time  away from your vilification of the juden to do something on behalf of the African victims of the  muslim slave traders in Darfur?

Every few years there are clashes between muslim and hindu in India. The  nationalist president of Indai wishes all of his country's muslims would disappear. Let's see what the world reaction is the next time they start going at it with their knives and machetes.

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

The protests you reference are small and inconsequential. It is about perspective and realpolitik. Yes, there is some protest in some muslim countries. However there is something very wrong, morally wrong when only a few hundred at best come out to protest the  mistreatment of Chinese  muslims, which is a systemic planned ethnic cleansing, while tens of thousands  will come out to  attack the US embassy in Jakarta to protest Israel's war with Hamas. The leftists and their muslim allies were out in full force this past week in the EU and on North American  university campuses protesting the Gaza war and blaming the kidnap victims. Meanwhile, not a word has been said about another  execution of a gay man in iran for  the crime of being  gay. The tranny brigade was up and about singing protest songs at Columbia University, but  not a whisper about the persecution of gays in Iran. Thousands came out to  protest in Tunis and in Istanbul. erdogan cut his diplomatic ties to Israel (again). And yet, not one Arab country has cut its diplomatic ties  to Turkey despite the systemic decades long persecution and execution of the heroic Kurds. It was the Kurds who stood up against the Hizbollah, Iranian Republican Guards and Assad forces and who protected  millions of Syrians against them and ISIL. And yet they have been abandoned by the Arab world. That's the point.  The muslims can always find time to demand the end of Israel (and the USA and UK too) but never ever do they rally against their own killing and horrors. 

I remind you that it was the  Christian and jewish charitable organizations that sponsored Syrian refugees to come to Western countries. it was the west that took in millions of Syrians and afghani refugees and other muslim refugees fleeing North Africa.  Today Arab militias are still killing and enslaving ethnic black Africans in the Darfur. Not a word of condemnation form any muslim nation, Russia or China. NOT A WORD. It is the Christian and Jewish western charities who are providing the emergency care for these people. What about you? Can you take some time  away from your vilification of the juden to do something on behalf of the African victims of the  muslim slave traders in Darfur?

Every few years there are clashes between muslim and hindu in India. The  nationalist president of Indai wishes all of his country's muslims would disappear. Let's see what the world reaction is the next time they start going at it with their knives and machetes.

There’s a new thread on a land bridge proposal to connect the Andaman sea to the gulf of Thailand, perhaps you could find a way to hijack that discussion and turn it into a polemic on the Gaza Strip conflict. I’m sure you’ll find a way. As for the silence on the condemnation of crimes against humanity in the Arab world regarding Dafur; that would require self reflection. The same self reflection that is absent in your catalogue of diatribe. As Oscar Wilde once noted, ’irony is wasted on the stupid’.

3 hours ago, Vigo said:

Okay. So we're backtracking now. 

Now the protests that never happened aren't good enough for you...😆😆😆

As I said previously. Before making sweeping statements, get your facts right. 

Or never let the truth get in the way of an online rant....

3 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Okay. So we're backtracking now. 

Now the protests that never happened aren't good enough for you...😆😆😆

As I said previously. Before making sweeping statements, get your facts right. 

Or never let the truth get in the way of an online rant....

The point is that the protests are minimal and inconsequential. They have no impact.

5 hours ago, Khunmark said:

There’s a new thread on a land bridge proposal to connect the Andaman sea to the gulf of Thailand, perhaps you could find a way to hijack that discussion and turn it into a polemic on the Gaza Strip conflict. I’m sure you’ll find a way. As for the silence on the condemnation of crimes against humanity in the Arab world regarding Dafur; that would require self reflection. The same self reflection that is absent in your catalogue of diatribe. As Oscar Wilde once noted, ’irony is wasted on the stupid’.

No it is not about Gaza. On the contrary it is all about China's methodology on its suppression of its 11 million muslim Uyghurs.  I haven't seen one comment from you ever on the manner in which China treats these people. Are you not the least bit concerned that millions are put into forced labour penal camps, and that there is an ongoing program of forced sterilization? Is there even just a teensy weensy bit of compassion for the denial of their basic human rights? China has literally leveled multiple Uyghur towns and villages including  their cultural buildings. Does this not earn your concern or are you of the view that because China does it, it is acceptable? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vigo said:

No it is not about Gaza. On the contrary it is all about China's methodology on its suppression of its 11 million muslim Uyghurs.  I haven't seen one comment from you ever on the manner in which China treats these people. Are you not the least bit concerned that millions are put into forced labour penal camps, and that there is an ongoing program of forced sterilization? Is there even just a teensy weensy bit of compassion for the denial of their basic human rights? China has literally leveled multiple Uyghur towns and villages including  their cultural buildings. Does this not earn your concern or are you of the view that because China does it, it is acceptable? 

I’ve gone on record stating the global proletariat have more in common with each other than they do their compatriots of the ruling class. When it comes to indiscriminate oppression of the powerless by the powerful, I don’t pick and choose.

8 hours ago, Vigo said:

The point is that the protests are minimal and inconsequential. They have no impact.

The point is that you originally said that the were no protests. 

After a quick thirty second Google search by myself, I showed this to be blatantly untrue. 

You now admit that these protests happened but they don't mean anything. 

I'm sure if you checked before posting, you'd find many other things that you say to be untrue.

8 hours ago, Khunmark said:

I’ve gone on record stating the global proletariat have more in common with each other than they do their compatriots of the ruling class. When it comes to indiscriminate oppression of the powerless by the powerful, I don’t pick and choose.

You have avoided the issue and instead provided a word dump blaming  the "world's powerful".  Classic leftist doctrine from the 1980's. The subject is China. It is China that is putting the Uyghurs in re-education and forced labour camps, engaging in a cultural obliteration and forced sterilization of the population's young. On the contrary many of the countries you would call the world's powerful(Australia, Canada, Germany, France, USA, UK etc.) have taken and continue to accept these people as refugees. You are incapable of condemning or uttering a negative statement on the treatment of this minority group at the hands of the Communist Chinese government and you remain quiet like the muslim world. But oh, how you can  wave your finger and offer grand statements on other countries' conduct of their national defence.

5 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

The point is that you originally said that the were no protests. 

After a quick thirty second Google search by myself, I showed this to be blatantly untrue. 

You now admit that these protests happened but they don't mean anything. 

I'm sure if you checked before posting, you'd find many other things that you say to be untrue.

You are like a dog with a bone that won't let go, so sanctimonious in your game of "got you". The point I have made is that while the horrors in China  are ongoing there are NO large protests in the muslim world that come anywhere near close to what is being seen now in respect to gaza.

Yes, you have again posted another small protest notice from 2019 in Malaysia. It is 2023. What you also don't mention is that the police are deployed against such events and there  such protests are contained and quelled. The reason is that they do not meet the ruling government's political goals.

3 hours ago, Vigo said:

You are like a dog with a bone that won't let go, so sanctimonious in your game of "got you". The point I have made is that while the horrors in China  are ongoing there are NO large protests in the muslim world that come anywhere near close to what is being seen now in respect to gaza.

Yes, you have again posted another small protest notice from 2019 in Malaysia. It is 2023. What you also don't mention is that the police are deployed against such events and there  such protests are contained and quelled. The reason is that they do not meet the ruling government's political goals.

So it's "sanctimonious" when someone shows that you make false claims?!

I'm sorry for speaking the truth brother.

6 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

So it's "sanctimonious" when someone shows that you make false claims?!

I'm sorry for speaking the truth brother.

If you wish to be petty, then actually I am accurate. Let's review; I wrote;

Ok, so let's deal with the  reality;  When was the  the most recent protest in the western world? When was the most recent protest in the muslim world? Your response was to reference  inconsequential events involving a few hundred from several years ago. 2019 is not current. One  rally in Malaysia in 2021 is not current, particularly when it had such limited participation. It's about perspective and bias. Your bias is evident.  When was the most recent protest over the plight of Chinese muslims in  Iran? Iraq? Gaza? Egypt? Algeria? Morocco? Saudi Arabia? Is it because there have not been any events of consequence? The Iranians can sure turn out every week to chant death to America, Israel and the UK, though can't they? Priorities I reckon.    And now the best for last, which of the most vocal of  forum critics has had any word of protest to offer on the treatment of China's muslims? Let's start with you. 

You wrote, "no protests from the Muslim world."

I provided instances of times when protests happened in two countries in Muslim world.

I'm sure there are many more.

You say they're not good enough protests!! 😆😆😆

"Most vocal of forum critics!!"

Just like to see people not make incorrect sweeping statements, or put out blatant untruths.

This is a Thai based forum, I don't recall too many threads re China's Muslim population in the past. 

Many injustices happening in the world 🌎🌎🌎. They're not all in this forum 

And I've got better things to do than talk with anonymous strangers on t'internet.

Is you okay with that? 🤔🤔🤔