I Have Not Changed My Lifestyle Much During the Pandemic

NCC1701A

As it is my policy to respect the process here in Thailand I wear a mask and do everything asked of me at malls and entering businesses and even during Grab food deliveries and riding my scooter. I used to travel 30% of the time but of course I am traveling much less now but even that is not completely stopped, but everything else I really don't take Covid into consideration. 

What about you?

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

Well living where I do out in the sticks not so much has changed really. Sure the school children around here have been off school like many places and most people wear masks when out and about, apart from that nothing else different.  However with wearing masks I have noticed that with the influx of pretty young ladies back to their families, because they have no work elsewhere,  I do not get called hansum man as  much as I had anticipated, in fact not all. So whether that is down to my wife being with me or the fact the mask hides a lot of my face I'm not too sure, but look forward to your insights on that matter.

Same here. Those of us who are fortunate enough a to have steady income here, are in a very nice position. Even more so, as time goes on, the baht continues to drop, and prices on many things come down. 

We too like to travel alot, and are looking forward to the day we can leave Thailand and come back, without having to kiss alot of butt, and endure a ridiculous list of restrictions and requirements. 

• Like 2

The most important difference in my life is my Saturday get-together. Instead of meeting at our favorite bar or each other's homes, we're now doing it as a Google Meeting and it went just fine! Even played around with filters real time. Oh, that and leaving the other forum. This appears a MUCH friendlier atmosphere.

• Like 1

It has definitely affected my lifestyle.Like above i love to travel but now travel abroad is out of the question and even long distance trains and buses are a no no.Heartbreaking  to see Pattaya as it is now and all the fun has gone.The happy atmosphere and excitement has disappeared replaced by uncertainty,poverty and gloom.No longer can i go for my morning walk and receive a million smiles and sawadee kraps +ka,which was guaranteed to send me home happy.Reason of course is we are all masked up now with our minds on other things.So yes for me,my life has changed dramatically for the worse.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tish said:

It has definitely affected my lifestyle.Like above i love to travel but now travel abroad is out of the question and even long distance trains and buses are a no no.Heartbreaking  to see Pattaya as it is now and all the fun has gone.The happy atmosphere and excitement has disappeared replaced by uncertainty,poverty and gloom.No longer can i go for my morning walk and receive a million smiles and sawadee kraps +ka,which was guaranteed to send me home happy.Reason of course is we are all masked up now with our minds on other things.So yes for me,my life has changed dramatically for the worse.

That is a good point. The joy and light hearted spirit, along with the humor seems to have been replaced with a sense of gloom, fear, and anxiety. 

Covid is only partially to blame. The mismanagement of Covid is a larger factor, combined with this administration's great work of running the nation into the ground, attempting to instill a sense of fake puritanism, and a stunning number of wrong headed policies, which all started 7 years ago. Woe is Thailand. Woe are the Thai people, with the ignorant dinosaurs in charge. 

• Like 2

The only thing that has changed for us, is we don't go out like we used to.

Because I'm in a high risk category, I spend much more time at home than previously.

I miss going out to eat, and our weekly trips to the ice cream shop.  Simple pleasures...but pleasures, nonetheless.

We'd normally travel to Koh Lanta a couple of times a year, but not now.  Waiting...for vaccination and the ability to get out of town.

29 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

The only thing that has changed for us, is we don't go out like we used to.

Because I'm in a high risk category, I spend much more time at home than previously.

I miss going out to eat, and our weekly trips to the ice cream shop.  Simple pleasures...but pleasures, nonetheless.

We'd normally travel to Koh Lanta a couple of times a year, but not now.  Waiting...for vaccination and the ability to get out of town.

I was in Lanta for the first time, a couple of months ago. It was a ghost island. Very few restaurants open. A small number of hotels. We got a deluxe villa at a five star resort for 2,200 per nite, with an opulent buffet. It was a nice trip. But sad to see so much devastation, much like Samui and Phuket. 

• Like 2

Not missing so much, but my kids sure are not being able to enjoy University like they should. Even my daughter missed most of her last high school year (M6) last year here with her friends, and has not had 1 in day at University first year now. For me it is more missing my friends coming here from the USA in intervals and then the motorcycle and other trips around we take even going to the beach.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Not missing so much, but my kids sure are not being able to enjoy University like they should. Even my daughter missed most of her last high school year (M6) last year here with her friends, and has not had 1 in day at University first year now.

My daughter is experiencing the same.  She attends Chula but has been home for more than a year, it seems.  For some reason I am still paying 1/2 price for a dormitory room, because she can't return and get her belongings.  My son attends uni here in Hat Yai, but it's all online, too.  Can't for the life of me figure out why I'm paying for his own apartment near the uni.

4 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

My daughter is experiencing the same.  She attends Chula but has been home for more than a year, it seems.  For some reason I am still paying 1/2 price for a dormitory room, because she can't return and get her belongings.  My son attends uni here in Hat Yai, but it's all online, too.  Can't for the life of me figure out why I'm paying for his own apartment near the uni.

Mine are in CMU. Yeah, now we are just waiting to pay the term for my son, but they need to adjust it down as were told by the government to do. Thi9s CV-19 is just messing up entire lives. such a shame, but I do enjoy my kids around more.