Thai Red Cross order of 5 million Moderna vaccines in proccess

Thaiger

The Thai Red Cross Society received notice from Zuellig Pharma, the company that distributes the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine, for a 5 million vaccine order to be shipped next year. The Red Cross already has a confirmed order of 1 million vaccines they intend to distribute for free and are scheduled to arrive in the fourth quarter of 2020. The letter was sent to the deputy director of the Relief and Community Health Bureau of the Thai Red Cross Society and is dated July 18. In it, Zuellig Pharma confirmed that they have already transmitted the 5 million vaccine order to […]

The post Thai Red Cross order of 5 million Moderna vaccines in proccess appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sinopharm Vaccine study from University shows to be highly effective against Delta Variant!

So don’t panic ? 

Even in older people shows over 80% efficacy and immune response!

Get the Vaccine & get them out faster!

Distribution & Red tss as pe seem to be lagging!

58 minutes ago, Rebel said:

At last some good news

I agree but just a shame we have to wait until next year but guess there is a monumental demand

It's just a pity the junta didn't get their finger out at the onset of this in 2020, things would be so much more different from what they are today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spice61 said:

This article seems baseless with little ? research!

Sinopharm University study shows it is highly effective for Delta variant?

see the Study!!

Sri Lanka University 

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/sinopharm-covid-19-vaccine-highly-efficient-against-delta-variant-study

Yes the quality of this report is very poor to say the least, which is unusual as Thaiger is one local news source I regularly rely upon

and you believe the quality of the study from a Sri Lankan University is something we should rely upon? Sri Lanka is essentially a Chinese puppet country now, so of course they are going to sing the praises of Chinese vaccines.

Well Done Red Cross, You are Great as usual,  get the good quality vaccine,why has the government not done this months ago ,no other way out of this problem,Vaccinate Vaccitate.

lol and government keeps on ordering the vaccine that nobody wants... and or the moderna is free i could care less, i think the price that was mentioned 3400 baht is more then reasonable and no problem in paying it, i just want a shot

8 hours ago, WildIrishRover said:

and you believe the quality of the study from a Sri Lankan University is something we should rely upon? Sri Lanka is essentially a Chinese puppet country now, so of course they are going to sing the praises of Chinese vaccines.

How is Sri Lanka a 'Chinese puppet country' pray tell?

10 hours ago, WildIrishRover said:

Sri Lanka is a Chinese puppet ? Wow just how far do the paranoia tentacles reach these days ??? 

Wales next ? 

10 hours ago, DSB said:

Well Done Red Cross, You are Great as usual,  get the good quality vaccine,why has the government not done this months ago ,no other way out of this problem,Vaccinate Vaccitate.

and where will these go ? The army will soak up every one of these plus ! 

Not a cat in hells chances the general population and definitely not poor ol Farang will ever see these 

2 hours ago, Paco said:

lol and government keeps on ordering the vaccine that nobody wants... and or the moderna is free i could care less, i think the price that was mentioned 3400 baht is more then reasonable and no problem in paying it, i just want a shot

Reasonable because Moderna dictated the price - thai private hospitals wanted to fleece you for more but were threatened they would not receive anything if they tried to mark it up by more than 50%

3300 is the Maximum Moderna would allow and the hospitals are all charging the absolute maximum they can ! 

They are doing you no favours! 

• Like 2

Moderna had selected the well reputed Swiss based Kühne+Nagel  pharma logistics firm to distribute worldwide. K&N has extensive distribution channels and a large operation in Thailand. K&N will use Hong Kong- China based Zuellig for certain countries in Asia. I won't comment further on the subject.

10 hours ago, Benroon said:

Reasonable because Moderna dictated the price - thai private hospitals wanted to fleece you for more but were threatened they would not receive anything if they tried to mark it up by more than 50%

3300 is the Maximum Moderna would allow and the hospitals are all charging the absolute maximum they can ! 

They are doing you no favours! 

I know but I just want a shit and my insurance covers it anyway

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 11:11 PM, Benroon said:

Sri Lanka is a Chinese puppet ? Wow just how far do the paranoia tentacles reach these days ??? 

Wales next ? 

OK, so the Government is not a Chinese lacky...yet, but, as with all impoverished countries in Asia, and Africa, China is exerting its influence by lending huge sums that the country will never be able to repay. Then, defaulting on the debt results in control of the assets comiong under the lender. The new city port being built by China is a case in point. This infrastructure will be owned by a Chinese company. There is no way that any Sri Lankan University "study' is going to come out  with a negative report on either Sinovac or Sinopharm. https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Belt-and-Road/China-s-control-over-Sri-Lankan-infrastructure-reignites-fears

14 minutes ago, WildIrishRover said:

OK, so the Government is not a Chinese lacky...yet, but, as with all impoverished countries in Asia, and Africa, China is exerting its influence by lending huge sums that the country will never be able to repay. Then, defaulting on the debt results in control of the assets comiong under the lender. The new city port being built by China is a case in point. This infrastructure will be owned by a Chinese company. There is no way that any Sri Lankan University "study' is going to come out  with a negative report on either Sinovac or Sinopharm. https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Belt-and-Road/China-s-control-over-Sri-Lankan-infrastructure-reignites-fears

I understand what you are saying but commerce works like that too. The Chinese have invested billions in UK infrastructure, so have other countries (don't the French now own most of the UK energy market ?), weren't the Chinese involved in the bidding to build the UK's new nuclear reactor?, which if any alarm bells were going to ring, it would surely be there, so is the UK on course to be a puppet of China ?

Don't get me wrong I'm no fan of the Chinese nation and their hideous record on human rights, plus the most disgusting eating habits you'll ever witness, but commerce doesn't always mean a hidden agenda IMO

Edited by Benroon