eSim and Thai number - question...

Dezmo

I have a dual Sim Samsung S23.  While in Thailand now a few months I have a AIS eSim with Thai number (and my USA number works also).  When I go back home in November the AIS service will end.   When I come back in January, does anyone know if I can just reload the same eSim and keep that Thai number or do I get another eSim (and number)?  

The reason I ask is I am setting up a Thai bank account and the service I am using mentioned I need a Thai number to use mobile banking but unsure what happens if I change the number later.

(Getting a Non Immigrant O retirement Visa with Multiple Re-entry )

Strongly suggest you keep the same AIS number when you go home you can top it up using a Thai Bank online banking and send a couple of sms to your home phone a month to keep the number in use.

Similar to most Countries if you don't use it you'll lose it.

It will kill two birds with one stone keeping your Thai Bank and Mobile active. 

Get the myAIS app.

That way, you can check validity, money and promotion plans wherever you are.

On a prepaid AIS number, you can get up to 12 month validity on  it.

Which is the important part, for keeping it alive. 

no money just means, you can only get calls, but not do calls.

Except when they allow you, and "precharge", before you refill, and then they deduct.

Cheapest is, to load 30 days with 20 baht in an AIS service point. And again, 20 baht for another 30 day. But do that on the machine yourself. ;-)

But have you used it? Uploaded some money, every now and then?

Check the validity of the sim/number, perhaps it is already longer valid, as just till January?

And take care that the internet promotion is canceled. If not, they may charge you month by month, or take 1/2 monthly or 1/4 monthly fee,. In case there ist not enough but still some money on.

22 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Get the myAIS app.

That way, you can check validity, money and promotion plans wherever you are.

On a prepaid AIS number, you can get up to 12 month validity on  it.

Which is the important part, for keeping it alive. 

no money just means, you can only get calls, but not do calls.

Except when they allow you, and "precharge", before you refill, and then they deduct.

Cheapest is, to load 30 days with 20 baht in an AIS service point. And again, 20 baht for another 30 day. But do that on the machine yourself. ;-)

But have you used it? Uploaded some money, every now and then?

Check the validity of the sim/number, perhaps it is already longer valid, as just till January?

And take care that the internet promotion is canceled. If not, they may charge you month by month, or take 1/2 monthly or 1/4 monthly fee,. In case there ist not enough but still some money on.

IMO AIS myapp is garbage. Just so poorly made and designed , it is a frustrating pile of dog feces.

For those  who need to keep any phone app alive, I use https://mobiletopup.com/   

90 day extension for less than $1 USD / 1 EUR

Thanks,

So it looks like in the App I can set up 30-day recurring (Min 150mb) for 15.b...  so i guess I willl just do that untiil I return and then get the better package in-country next time.   Seems  if I do not, I lose my number.  But I now hear that for banking, after I set up my user name, changing the number does not matter (but wonder if they would send a OTP to my old number.. haha, I need to check).