DDC says infections still rising, possibly falling in Bangkok

Thaiger

The Department of Disease Control announced yesterday that the number of Covid infections is on a “steep upward curve”. However, they also say the infection rate in Bangkok is starting to level off while cases in the provinces are rising sharply. The DDC says Bangkok’s high infection rates are starting to slow down, “apparently” a consequence of measures implemented to help curb the spread of Covid, says Dr Taweesap Siraprapasiri, a senior official from the DDC. Today, Thailand had a record number of Covid infections with 15, 335 cases, says the Public Health Ministry this morning. Dr Taweesap says the […]

The post DDC says infections still rising, possibly falling in Bangkok appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The Department of Disease Control announced yesterday that the number of Covid infections is on a “steep upward curve”. However, they also say the infection rate in Bangkok is starting to level off while cases in the provinces are rising sharply. The DDC says Bangkok’s high infection rates are starting to slow down, “apparently” a consequence of measures implemented to help curb the spread of Covid, says Dr Taweesap Siraprapasiri, a senior official from the DDC. Today, Thailand had a record number of Covid infections with 15, 335 cases, says the Public Health Ministry this morning. Dr Taweesap says the […]

The post DDC says infections still rising, possibly falling in Bangkok appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And 4 weeks ago they were saying infections had peaked ! Anybody who even considers that these people have a grip on covid 19 contagion and /or medical reality should themselves be assessed for delusional syndrome

Just now, poohy said:

I see they are both rising and falling, nothing like a clear consise remark from those in charge

Completely aloof to reality.

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

However, they also say the infection rate in Bangkok is starting to level off while cases in the provinces are rising sharply. The DDC says Bangkok’s high infection rates are starting to slow down, “apparently” a consequence of measures implemented to help curb the spread of Covid, ...

Maybe it's because those measures included telling / encouraging those testing positive in Bangkok to go "home" to the provinces, as has been widely reported as official policy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Abertillery said:

They say they are rising and falling what is it,get grip 

It requires a native English speaker to understand it.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Maybe it's because those measures included telling / encouraging those testing positive in Bangkok to go "home" to the provinces, as has been widely reported as official policy.

Sorry to quote myself, but I now see that 1,500 Covid cases are being shipped out of Bangkok to the provinces by a special train.

That'll balance out the numbers .....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

Sorry to quote myself, but I now see that 1,500 Covid cases are being shipped out of Bangkok to the provinces by a special train.

That'll balance out the numbers .....

Can you please post the link that proves this.

The DDC says Bangkok’s high infection rates are starting to slow down, “apparently” a consequence of measures implemented to help curb the spread of Covid, says Dr Taweesap Siraprapasiri, a senior official from the DDC. 

Am I the only one who never, ever wants to hear from this absolute goon Taweesap, ever again? Does he ever have any idea what he is talking about? Where was he educated anyway? Trump University? Does he ever listen to himself? 

Covid is up alot. No, Covid is down, in Bangkok. Maybe. We are not sure. I think the draconian measures we have put into place, that are crushing peoples live, causing a massive rise in suicides, ruining our economy, causing worldwide investors to flee the nation, and destroying millions of families, "might be working". We do not really know. It will take some time.