News Forum - 13 year old girl hides truth about giving birth to baby after being raped

Thaiger

A 13 year old Thai girl lied to her family and the police after giving birth because she was ashamed of being raped. Fearing that her family would not accept the truth, the girl lied that she found a newborn baby abandoned in a market in the Pathum Thani province, near Bangkok. The young girl … …

The story 13 year old girl hides truth about giving birth to baby after being raped as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Was this rape as most people understand it, or 'listen and believe' statutory rape? A form of regret sex, rarely targeted at women, only the male sex. Unless the form of sex crime is stated, the information it is 'rape', tells us nothing of the incident. 

2 hours ago, Karolyn said:

Was this rape as most people understand it, or 'listen and believe' statutory rape? A form of regret sex, rarely targeted at women, only the male sex. Unless the form of sex crime is stated, the information it is 'rape', tells us nothing of the incident. 

Regardless if the supposed perpetrator is not of a similar age to the girl I sincerely hope he goes to prison for a long long time. 12/13 at the time if the incident is too young to give informed consent

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Regardless if the supposed perpetrator is not of a similar age to the girl I sincerely hope he goes to prison for a long long time. 12/13 at the time if the incident is too young to give informed consent

Minors are capable of 'sexual subjectivity' at adrenarche: though are other reasons for older adults, not to take advantage, of course. 

To be honest it's just hard to see statutory rape as genuinely a form of  rape, or a minor as a child, if conception could and did occur. If there was coercion then, yes it was wrong.

Especially if there was a 'power imbalance' - an idea that's easily parodied, but really is relevant, if a coercive situation ocurred.

2 hours ago, Karolyn said:

To be honest it's just hard to see statutory rape as genuinely a form of  rape, or a minor as a child, if conception could and did occur. If there was coercion then, yes it was wrong.

You are seriously saying that for example a 30 year old having sex with a 13 year old should NOT constitute rape? If you are then I must admit I find that quite abhorrent. Conception has occurred in girls as young as 10 got to say anyone who has sex with a child that young whether she can conceive or not is a paedophile and should be charged with rape.

8 hours ago, ChrisS said:

You are seriously saying that for example a 30 year old having sex with a 13 year old should NOT constitute rape? If you are then I must admit I find that quite abhorrent. Conception has occurred in girls as young as 10 got to say anyone who has sex with a child that young whether she can conceive or not is a paedophile and should be charged with rape.

The problem is that there is no fixed age, for all individuals, as regards the milestones of puberty. After menarche most periods are 'duds' for the next two or so  years. When girls are able to get pregnant so early, they are BIOLOGICAL outliers, like people with delayed puberty.

The social rule of thumb is that it's OK if someone isnt seen as  old/young enough to be their partners parent/child. And that adulthood starts with public hair of any real density.

When I entered my teens, I was told not to date over 25, others were told 30. It's close to marriage patterns - about 90% of marriages feature age gaps of 10 years or less, and less than 1% involve an age gap of 20 years or above. "If it bleeds it breeds" The social acceptability of age differences is 'generational', it reflects the facts that people can become parents in their early teens, yet the social fact is this is rare, before age 20.

In places like nightclubs, teenage girls do look for sex and it's no big deal if someone fresh faced, who is closer to 30 than to 20, takes them to bed. If it looks OK they don't even ask about age. People forget what they were like, when they were young. 

Girls are usually women at 14. The pelvis is reoriented by that age, as sexual signal, and though the pelvic opening isn't fully mature, it facilitates safe childbirth. At 14 the menses are also regular.

44 minutes ago, Karolyn said:

The problem is that there is no fixed age, for all individuals, as regards the milestones of puberty. After menarche most periods are 'duds' for the next two or so  years. When girls are able to get pregnant so early, they are BIOLOGICAL outliers, like people with delayed puberty.

The social rule of thumb is that it's OK if someone isnt seen as  old/young enough to be their partners parent/child. And that adulthood starts with public hair of any real density.

When I entered my teens, I was told not to date over 25, others were told 30. It's close to marriage patterns - about 90% of marriages feature age gaps of 10 years or less, and less than 1% involve an age gap of 20 years or above. "If it bleeds it breeds" The social acceptability of age differences is 'generational', it reflects the facts that people can become parents in their early teens, yet the social fact is this is rare, before age 20.

In places like nightclubs, teenage girls do look for sex and it's no big deal if someone fresh faced, who is closer to 30 than to 20, takes them to bed. If it looks OK they don't even ask about age. People forget what they were like, when they were young. 

Girls are usually women at 14. The pelvis is reoriented by that age, as sexual signal, and though the pelvic opening isn't fully mature, it facilitates safe childbirth. At 14 the menses are also regular.

While you present as someone very informed and authoritative on the subject I can't help but feel like I'm reading Mengele describe his experiments and the logic behind them as sound and reasonable...

• Thanks 1

Really interesting to see everybody condemn the "rapist", when it has not even been proven who it is. DNA test on the baby should be mandatory.

I live deep in the Thai countryside and here it happens regularly that girls as young as 13/14 become pregnant. I'm pretty sure not all those pregnancies have resulted from rape. It is more probable that the perpetrators are young boys a few years above their age, who are still minors themselves. Many girls (and boys) here become sexually active at a ridiculously young age and there are confirmed stories of girls having competitions among friends who can get laid the most in one week, keeping score in little note books. Teachers are bonus-points.... Scores amount into dozens sometimes.

Old fashioned Thai modesty is disappearing rapidly (if it ever existed to start with). So many children here are being raised by grand parents, who fail to discipline their grandchildren and are not really interested in them. Grandparents can probably not fathom what their world has become in recent years and cannot relate to the new ways (with advanced ways of communication and hooking up). My eldest son is twelve years old and we already had several talks with him about girls, sex and pregnancy, offering to supply birth control for him and his future girl friend. We do not have the illusion that we could stop our child from having sex, although we hope that his upbringing has instilled some morals and restrained. My wife and I have had hypothetical talks already about what to do if he would indeed get a girl pregnant. Adopting such a child would be our prefered option (after DNA tests have been performed).

If the girl has indeed been raped, I feel for her and hope the person gets caught and punished accordingly.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

While you present as someone very informed and authoritative on the subject I can't help but feel like I'm reading Mengele describe his experiments and the logic behind them as sound and reasonable...

Reminds me of the weirdo in "Memoirs of a Geisha", who kept all the specimens from the virgin geisha!