News Forum - Spicy salvation: Turmeric’s ‘golden’ touch cures indigestion (video)

Thaiger

Have you ever overindulged in food or drink, only to suffer the discomfort of indigestion afterwards? Fear not, for a groundbreaking new study suggests that turmeric, the spice responsible for giving curry its distinctive yellow hue, might offer an alternative remedy as effective as conventional drugs for treating indigestion. The study zeroes in on curcumin, … …

The story Spicy salvation: Turmeric’s ‘golden’ touch cures indigestion (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

this is the study in th eBMLJ?

"The researchers acknowledged the small size of the study and other limitations, including the short intervention period and lack of long-term monitoring data. Further larger, long term studies are needed, they said."

Who funded the study? - Funding: Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine Fund.

One small study - don't hold your breath.

5 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

Not recommended for any study. Except the "How long can you stay under water study"🙂

It's an idiom! Idiom!

"do not expect something to happen even though someone has suggested that it might."

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, cowslip said:

It's an idiom! Idiom!

"do not expect something to happen even though someone has suggested that it might."

Does a tree fall in the forest?

I don't often eat Indian curries, I like the taste, but they often give me indigestion. And I am pretty sure that it is actually the turmeric that does it, since that is the aftertaste that I always get left with. There have been some studies showing that curcumin, one of the compounds in turmeric, can be beneficial - it sounds like that is the bandwagon that they are trying to jump on.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thaidup said:

Does a tree fall in the forest?

THis is a philosophical question of whether objects could continue to exist without being perceived. How does that pertain to the discussion? THe trials are based on observation and have been peer reviewed.

• Like 1