News Forum - Singer files complaint against man for unwanted kiss at Pattaya bar

Thaiger

A Thai singer recently filed a formal complaint against a man who reportedly sexually harassed her at an entertainment venue in Pattaya. The victim, Toey, shared a video of the incident from a security camera on Facebook to seek justice and expose the unacceptable behaviour of the alleged perpetrator. The singer revealed in the caption… … …

The story Singer files complaint against man for unwanted kiss at Pattaya bar as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

No harm, no foul. 

Unsolicited, unwanted contact is an assault. What do you not understand? Do you know if this man has warts, or lesions or herpes on his lips? What gives him the right to assault the woman?

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Unsolicited, unwanted contact is an assault. What do you not understand? Do you know if this man has warts, or lesions or herpes on his lips? What gives him the right to assault the woman?

Did you even watch the video? He kissed her on the cheek after they, presumably exchanged numbers. The only injury suffered was to his pride with a side dish of embarrassment.

btw: Don’t you have a trans rights rally to attend in support of men parading naked in front of children? You seem to be cool with that shit but not a peck on the cheek… 

• Haha 1

My first impression:

They changed numbers, she even typed it in his phone.

And his kiss was unwanted, right, but for the right reasons?

Seems more, she don`t wanted to be seen get kissed.

Perhaps she got the info with the cam afterwards?

Just saying, that kissing scene does not really show a lot of "disgust", I think

• Like 2

If it was the other way, no big deal. So her getting crotchety getting her unsoiled panties in a twist is just way too much. Maybe she needs to have some cobwebs cleared out to make her all happy again. But even though they exchanged contact information, it was a waste of time so she should be mad at that a little bit. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guest1 said:

My first impression:

They changed numbers, she even typed it in his phone.

And his kiss was unwanted, right, but for the right reasons?

Seems more, she don`t wanted to be seen get kissed.

Perhaps she got the info with the cam afterwards?

Just saying, that kissing scene does not really show a lot of "disgust", I think

We are watching different videos

Now is it a sexual assault? Absolutely not

But she obviously recoils at the kiss and moves away immediately 

And the way he kissed her was an obviously weird unwanted way

That's not a causal kiss on the cheek

Now none of it warrants the big deal that has been made about though

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fanta said:

Did you even watch the video? He kissed her on the cheek after they, presumably exchanged numbers. The only injury suffered was to his pride with a side dish of embarrassment.

As I said above I don't think the action warrants any sort of outrage 

But I think you live in Thailand?

Almost every Thai girl I know would be mortified to have a guy kiss her like that in a bar

You can see her Wai as her "goodbye " and that would be what 99% of Thai girls would do

My stepson goes to University and I've been out at bars near his university 

I would be shocked if I saw that happened and would notice it immediately 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vigo said:

That's a bit over the top.  He had met her several times in the past and a peck on the cheek is hardly attempted rape.  She and others are making far too much of it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

If it was the other way, no big deal. So her getting crotchety getting her unsoiled panties in a twist is just way too much. Maybe she needs to have some cobwebs cleared out to make her all happy again. But even though they exchanged contact information, it was a waste of time so she should be mad at that a little bit. 

5,000 Baht will solve it; it always does. -

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Almost every Thai girl I know would be mortified to have a guy kiss her like that in a bar

Almost every girl I know wouldn't work in a bar in the first place.  Singer indeed. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Almost every girl I know wouldn't work in a bar in the first place.  Singer indeed. 

She's a singer and I don't know how much you go to bars

So I may be given you some new information 

But girls sing in bars and pubs all over Thailand 

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

We are watching different videos

Now is it a sexual assault? Absolutely not

But she obviously recoils at the kiss and moves away immediately 

And the way he kissed her was an obviously weird unwanted way

That's not a causal kiss on the cheek

Now none of it warrants the big deal that has been made about though

Agree. Tacky and weird and unwanted yes, but over the top, no.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

5,000 Baht will solve it; it always does. -

If he went up to her and said sorry and gave her that amount as a way to say I was drunk and didn't mean anything by it, then it would be water under the bridge by most people and their standards. But this psycho b - i - a - t - c - h blew it up and took it way over the top and put it out in the news and filing a police report.

So, You know I agree with you to some extent as in a different situation, but in this situation she does not deserve one satang. He should sue her.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Much like the Spanish footballer at the World Cup celebration.  If you watch the video as she moves away from the 'kisser' she has a smile on her face. Now she's filing charges for sexual assault!!!

18 hours ago, Vigo said:

Come off it!  Things are just getting crazy in today's world.  People can choose their gender, don't have to identify as any gender if they don't want.  The singer Sam Smith said he enjoys going fishing but objected to being called a Fisherman, stating instead that the correct term was Fisherperson!  In the UK you can be prosecuted for rape if you have sex with a girl that's drunk, regardless of the fact that you may be drunk youself.

Now you can be prosecuted for kissing someone - the correct complaint would be a verbal boll$%ing!

World's rapidly going mad!! Its about time this crap was stopped.

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Agree. Tacky and weird and unwanted yes, but over the top, no.

But the "unwanted" has, imho, more to do with traditional "Thai people don`t kiss in public"

Others have/could have seen it, that is how understand here  face and looking around, after

"I am not a bad girl, I did not do anything wrong"

Which is right, But (to me it) looked more like a thanks and good by kiss, not a Rubiales kiss ;-)

Just my2cent

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Much like the Spanish footballer at the World Cup celebration.  If you watch the video as she moves away from the 'kisser' she has a smile on her face. Now she's filing charges for sexual assault!!!

Ok, her smile was more a embarrassed smile. (Uh, he kissed me, who has seen that?)

"We" forget, most of the time, Thai people, often even bar girls, don`t like to kiss, be kissed, outside privat rooms or the bar. Often not even really like it, in this two areas ;-)

3 hours ago, Guest1 said:

But the "unwanted" has, imho, more to do with traditional "Thai people don`t kiss in public"

Others have/could have seen it, that is how understand here  face and looking around, after

Which is right, But (to me it) looked more like a thanks and good by kiss, not a Rubiales kiss ;-)

Just my2cent

That kiss was certainly not a casual "goodbye kiss"

It was a weird unwanted kiss, not even remotely casual

I describe it as "stealing a kiss"

Again, absolutely not warranting the commotion she is causing and definitely not any sort of sexual assault

But I come from an area where you kiss and hug hello and goodbye 

And that was not a normal goodbye

Possibly because it's not really done in Thailand 

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

That kiss was certainly not a casual "goodbye kiss"

It was a weird unwanted kiss, not even remotely casual

I describe it as "stealing a kiss"

Again, absolutely not warranting the commotion she is causing and definitely not any sort of sexual assault

But I come from an area where you kiss and hug hello and goodbye 

And that was not a normal goodbye

Possibly because it's not really done in Thailand 

I really can't see him targeting her lips, sorry

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

I really can't see him targeting her lips, sorry

He didn't, it was clearly a kiss on the cheek, but I don't know why that would matter

You can clearly see she wais him bye/thank you

I have been around Thailand for 20 years, been with my Thai wife almost as long

A response to a wai(one that is a wai to someone you don't know that well) is certainly not a kiss on the cheek or anywhere!

But still doesn't warrant her making all this fuss.............

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

This is very much like that, just an inappropriate advance, not sexual assault

But you do understand that is a lot of girl's reactions when they receive unwanted advances?

They are allowed to have any reaction they want, we don't get to dictate what actions they must take.....

The replies in this thread are all the replies of older western males. I can assure you that younger people, particularly the targets of such attacks, do not share your view.  If you are open to being slobbered on, then for sure, go for it with other consenting adults. 

6 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Come off it!  Things are just getting crazy in today's world.  People can choose their gender, don't have to identify as any gender if they don't want.  The singer Sam Smith said he enjoys going fishing but objected to being called a Fisherman, stating instead that the correct term was Fisherperson!  In the UK you can be prosecuted for rape if you have sex with a girl that's drunk, regardless of the fact that you may be drunk youself.

Now you can be prosecuted for kissing someone - the correct complaint would be a verbal boll$%ing!

World's rapidly going mad!! Its about time this crap was stopped.

This has nothing to do with Sam Smith.  Nor does your attempt to excuse raping someone because of a drunken state germane. There is always a justification for irresponsible behavior, never an acknowledgement of willful wrongdoing. What part of privacy and personal rights to not be molested do you not comprehend? The core issue is that the assailant assumed he could do as he wished, that there was no need to respect the woman's right not to be touched in  the manner he did. If a person does not want to be groped or touched by creeps that's her right and her right alone. You do not set the boundaries of what is permissible when it comes to touching anyone. It is the recipient who decides.

I am quite certain that if some tranny with an oozing herpes sore ambled up and kissed any of  those defending the assault, we'd be treated to farang hysteria level 1. This case was no different.

6 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

You interpret the grimace as a smile. It was an indication of embarrassment. What the sex pest did was wrong. Considering the large number of  documented cases of coaches and others molesting athletes *, it takes a very stupid and clueless person to to do what he did.

(* For example - Larry Nassar, the ex-USA Gymnastics doctor who sexually abused girls for decades, was sentenced to 175 years in prison.  For years, no one believed the girls  And there was the US Penn State sex assaults and organizational coverup with intimidation. This was the sexual abuse committed by Jerry Sandusky, an assistant coach for the Penn State football team, over a period of at least fifteen years.)

2 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Just my2cent

How do you know he wasn't going to kiss with his nose as sniff? That is the typical Thai kiss of whatever. I think it came from bad teeth and no dentists back in  the day,, but still applies today. FYI. I really think he wasgoing to give her a peck, but did he hold her arm or restrain her? Nope. So whaty is her beef otehr than being an idiot who should cool off or not talk to any customers.

I am still and used to be a live playing out in clubs, bars, venues, you name it guy musician. I played with bands who needed a bass palyer singer that night kind of guy as well with my own bands, and held several jam sessions.

All type of folk out there. She in my eyes should not be doing what she does, or needs to plainly shiled herself. I had guys, drunk guy, girls, drunk girls, everyting out of the woodwork coming at me. But you need to know how to navigate it. Plain and simple.