News Forum - British man assaulted after provoking locals in Pattaya shop

Thaiger

A severely drunk British man met a violent fate in Pattaya today when he was assaulted by a group of Thai men at a local convenience store. The incident occurred in the early hours of the morning, with the British man allegedly causing a disturbance that provoked the Thai men into retaliation. According to the … …

The story British man assaulted after provoking locals in Pattaya shop as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A severely drunk British man met a violent fate in Pattaya today when he was assaulted by a group of Thai men at a local convenience store. The incident occurred in the early hours of the morning, with the British man allegedly causing a disturbance that provoked the Thai men into retaliation. According to the … …

The story British man assaulted after provoking locals in Pattaya shop as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The morale to the story don't come to a foreign Country get wasted on the local brew and insult the locals. 

The exact same thing would have happened to him in any UK Town or City if he behaved like he did.

I'm just waiting for him to launch a Go-Fund-Me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Although I do not condone violence as a first means of resolving an issue it sounds to me (if of course the 'eye witness' account is true like he asked for it and then he got it!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 23RD said:

I'm just waiting for him to launch a Go-Fund-Me.

And the story that goes with the launch - not his fault, set upon by locals, never coming back here again... good! Falang have a bad enough name in the flesh pots without idiots further muddying the waters.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Although I do not condone violence as a first means of resolving an issue

By what has been reported, violence was just the means tot he end after he had been asked to leave them alone - and then exacerbated the situation by insulting one of the females present.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

By what has been reported, violence was just the means tot he end after he had been asked to leave them alone - and then exacerbated the situation by insulting one of the females present.

As I said, assuming what was reported was a true account of what happened  he asked for it and then he got it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 2:21 PM, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

ONCE AGAIN, Just another example of a load mouthed drunk Brit behaving badly.  See this sort of thing too often.  Its about time some people learned to show some common courtesy and decency. Especially when being a guest in another country.

• Like 3

Typical English behaviour, 

Prize fools that find themselves in all kinds of bother that has been created by their own mis-carry ons.

A change of attitude toward others is surely called upon??.

14 hours ago, Humantarget_1 said:

ONCE AGAIN, Just another example of a load mouthed drunk Brit behaving badly.  See this sort of thing too often.  Its about time some people learned to show some common courtesy and decency. Especially when being a guest in another country.

I'm not just taking shots at British tourists

My American counterparts can be annoying in their own way.

But I do think you see a lot more low class Brits in Thailand than any other group 

Again, saying that knowing my own have our faults as well

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I'm not just taking shots at British tourists

My American counterparts can be annoying in their own way.

But I do think you see a lot more low class Brits in Thailand than any other group 

Again, saying that knowing my own have our faults as well

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

😂😂😂

Hence why I added my country has their own issues as tourists 

Just not the low class variety

At least in my opinion 

Most countries have citizens that are bad tourists

Just in different ways

All these behavioural problems of the British relate back to a vitamin D deficiency. How else can explain their tendency of whipping their clothes off at the first hint of sunshine, no matter the temperature?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Hence why I added my country has their own issues as tourists 

Just not the low class variety

At least in my opinion 

Most countries have citizens that are bad tourists

Just in different ways

I think why you notice Brits behaving badly Marc more than the angelic citizens of the rest of the world is that compared with the rest of the Western world there are more Brits in Thailand than any other Nation. But it does get a tad tiring at times when some people seem to delight in Brit bashing (that remark is not meant for you incidentally).

I also see many "low class" citizens of other countries, thankfully yourself and myself are part of the landed gentry.😉

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Thailand

Screenshot_20230918-081902.thumb.jpg.ff4df2c68f39d659831ef25f6afb4fb9.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I think why you notice Brits behaving badly Marc more than the angelic citizens of the rest of the world is that compared with the rest of the Western world there are more Brits in Thailand than any other Nation. But it does get a tad tiring at times when some people seem to delight in Brit bashing (that remark is not meant for you incidentally).

I also see many "low class" citizens of other countries, thankfully yourself and myself are part of the landed gentry.😉

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Thailand

Screenshot_20230918-081902.thumb.jpg.ff4df2c68f39d659831ef25f6afb4fb9.jpg

Could be for sure 

It's just what I have observed over a long time 

I think criticism of American tourists can be true

They can be self-centered and wanting things to work "how they do back home"

I think French and Germans get a bad rap for being rude

I just don't think they are as outward friendly as say Brits, Americans or Aussies

By the way

The vast majority of my friends in Thailand are either Brits or Aussies 

8 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

Strange, mine are Thai.

I don't live there............so my friends are the ones I met when I lived in a heavy expat/tourist area

Maybe when I live there in the village I will meet more Thais on my own

I could see doing so by going to the gym

When we are at our house in Nonthaburi or in the village, I interact with Thais I don't know, mostly at the gym

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

When we are at our house in Nonthaburi or in the village, I interact with Thais I don't know, mostly at the gym

Village people are the best! Open, honest and willing to help. As you give, you get.

33 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

Village people are the best! Open, honest and willing to help. As you give, you get.

Well I know a bunch of village people but I wouldn't consider them my "friends" although I enjoy them immensely 

But those are family and close friends in my wife's circle

Like I said, most interactions I have had with Thai's outside my wife's circle is at the gym..............and I could see me getting friendly with some of those guys if I lived full time and going there every day

But I honestly couldn't see me being close friends with any Thais in the village that are outside my wife's circle and just being my sole friends, without my wife involved

Not because I wouldn't want to................just don't think would be that many mutual interests

• Like 1

Which Brits do you like best? Xenophobic lager lout morons, with beer bellies, and tits. Or middle class morons worshipping gays, immigrants, and America. I stay away from the people, and therefore their country

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Karolyn said:

Which Brits do you like best? Xenophobic lager lout morons, with beer bellies, and tits. Or middle class morons worshipping gays, immigrants, and America. I stay away from the people, and therefore their country

I can't imagine they are losing much sleep over your decision 5555

But jokes aside

Thailand is a minefield for meeting people

There are so many dregs and shady expats and tourists that you just run into so many oddballs and sometimes just nasty people 

But I've met at least 100 people off these forums and there has been only a handful of people I didn't care for

But just out and about

One rule I have is if someone seems to eager to chat I am skeptical of them until proved wrong 

• Like 1