News Forum - Youth gang clash turns Pattaya beach into battleground: One shot, one stabbed

Thaiger

A chaotic brawl erupted on Pattaya beach as two rival youth gangs clashed, resulting in one teenager being shot in the leg and another stabbed multiple times. The incident, which occurred late last night, left tourists fleeing in panic, as officers from Mueang Pattaya Police Station rushed to the scene. The beachfront, located approximately 100 … …

The story Youth gang clash turns Pattaya beach into battleground: One shot, one stabbed as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, Khunmark said:

Why anyone would want to visit this place is beyond me. When it comes to bad behaviour, Pattaya never fails to deliver.

I live some 36km from Pattaya. I probably go into the City once a week to shop, or to eat.  The shopping is excellent, so are the restaurants. The hospitals are first class, the road system feeding the City is top notch. Pattaya Immigration seem to be quite efficient. Yes the beach is dirty, the water polluted and there are far too many low life's in and around the center, but that is the same for most big cities. For living, provided you reside outside the City itself,  it takes some beating being in this area. I have never regretted choosing this Province to live.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Khunmark said:

Why anyone would want to visit this place is beyond me. When it comes to bad behaviour, Pattaya never fails to deliver.

I don't know, but I have been visiting Pattaya for well over 30 years and it has its own charm. With my family on a quick jaunt when visiting family in Bangkok, it is stay over in Jomtien area. With visiting friends from the USA we stay over on the beach side area. The sea is the sea and it still gives you a nice feeling looking out an breathing the air. For these little d-heads, this is everywhere. Just in the news in CM today. 

I too live just outside the city, a stones throw from Mabprachan lake, very peaceful and quiet, the shopping and eating out here are all top notch, I have been to every province in Thailand but always enjoy coming home, if you want the dregs of society you can find them easily enough but I prefer to have a pleasant lifestyle with no hassle, anyway, it's beer o clock, see ya all later :) 

5 hours ago, Khunmark said:

It is cheap, it is not far from Bangkok and for certain types of tourists there are plenty of cheap available women. To be fair the infrastructure is good and there are plenty of shopping and dining opportunities. That said it is not my cup of tea at all but I can see why others might like it.

8 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I live some 36km from Pattaya. I probably go into the City once a week to shop, or to eat.  The shopping is excellent, so are the restaurants. The hospitals are first class, the road system feeding the City is top notch. Pattaya Immigration seem to be quite efficient. Yes the beach is dirty, the water polluted and there are far too many low life's in and around the center, but that is the same for most big cities. For living, provided you reside outside the City itself,  it takes some beating being in this area. I have never regretted choosing this Province to live.  

I absolutely hate Pattaya, have from the 1st time I went there.

And it is not a morality thing, I have had my fun with the girls in Patong and a bit in Samui

I just hated the guys who frequent there............

But my wife and I will stop and stay at the Dusit Thani, we love that chain

And we just stay at that end and find plenty of nice places to go to

8 hours ago, Pinetree said:

That's a bit like my plan but more extended for me............

We will live in the village 5-6 months/yr, it's 1hr30mins from BKK

While living in the village, we will shoot down to BKK for 3-4 day stay every 2-3months

My wife and I like the city lifestyle and nice restaurants/hotels

9 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Pattaya is not a "big" city. It has a population of approx. 120,000.   A large city has a pop. of 300,000+.

khon Kaen ccity is 115,000, and Udon city is 130,000. Both are peaceful and relatively law abiding.  Ubon city is 500,000+ and is a 'big city". The crime and decadence is nothing like what we see in Pattaya.

I have always said that for a 'lads night out' you'd have to go a long way to beat Pattaya but do I feel safe there?  Can't say I do.  Whenever I've seen bad behaviour, including street brawls and irritating drunken behaviour, its been in Pattaya. Such behaviour goes on with Thai's and foreigners alike.

With foreigners it often reminds me of being back in the UK with blokes that can't hold their beer - a few drinks and they want to fight everyone.

With the Thai's its usually been would be gangsters who I've noted deliberately starting trouble with foreigners - of course when there's a ratio of at least 20:1.

When I have a night out, I want to enjoy myself - not have some young tw&t challenge me to a fight because he thinks I've been looking at his bar girlfriend.

That gangs of Thai youths are engaging in 'beach battles' in Pattaya does not surprise me in the slightest.  I can only speak from my experience, maybe other cities encounter the same problems but I've never seen it anywhere else other than Pattaya.

Its possible of course that its down to geography - where Pattaya only has one real centre.  Bangkok on the other hand has many 'centres' and Thai males tend to frequent areas away from the areas where tourists go.  I am for example, aware of the 'technical college wars', where its not unheard of for members of rival school gangs to kill each other - but I've never experienced any trouble in Bangkok.

If I go to a nightclub in the usual tourist areas in Bangkok, the majority of males are foreigners whereas clubs like Lucifer's on Walking Street are often frequented by groups of young Thai males as well as foreigners - again, probably the geography. So if they start any bad behaviour - its going to be noticed. I have to admit though, its been a while since I had a night out in Pattaya - Lucifer's might not still be there 🤣.

Edited by KhaoYai

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

I have always said that for a 'lads night out' you'd have to go a long way to beat Pattaya

Just wasn't for me at all, but everyone is different

And maybe I was just trying to fool myself, but even when having fun with the girls way back, I needed to be in a place I would actually go on holiday to

That being said, I did actually have some good nights in Lucifer's on walking street  :)