News Forum - Pattaya’s Walking Street gets facelift with removal of power poles

Thaiger

The renowned Walking Street in Pattaya has been given a contemporary makeover as unsightly power poles have been removed. The inspection of the upgraded tourist attraction was conducted by Mayor Poramase Ngampiches yesterday. Along with him, other city officials marked the successful completion of the major project, which involved the dismantling of utility poles on … …

The story Pattaya’s Walking Street gets facelift with removal of power poles as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Needs more than the removal of a few poles and overhead wires to give this place a 'makeover' Maybe root out all the mafia influences and protection money would be a better start

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

Needs more than the removal of a few poles and overhead wires to give this place a 'makeover' Maybe root out all the mafia influences and protection money would be a better start

And the smell of Hash coming out of all the new Cafés. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Do they sell much hash? 

It's so bad you get light headed having a stroll down there lately.

That's going to be the downfall of Walking Street. 

2 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Mafia? I thought that was Phuket.

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

It's so bad you get light headed having a stroll down there lately.

That's going to be the downfall of Walking Street. 

But do they sell hash, as well as marijuana? 

I thought it was just buds for sale in Thailand? 

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

But do they sell hash, as well as marijuana? 

I thought it was just buds for sale in Thailand? 

I have to be honest I  don't have an igloo about the difference between Hash & Marijuana I'm 52 never taken drugs in my life and don't intend to start.

But that pungent smell in Walking Street right now it's like Amsterdam on steroids. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 23RD said:

I have to be honest I  don't have an igloo about the difference between Hash & Marijuana I'm 52 never taken drugs in my life and don't intend to start.

But that pungent smell in Walking Street right now it's like Amsterdam on steroids. 

Ah okay. That explains it. 

Dope 101:

Hashish is the cannabis resin, think Morocco, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Pakistan... 

And marijuana is the plant, and more importantly the flowers/buds, think Mexico, Jamaica, California, Sub-Saharan Africa, Thailand, Indonesia.. 

I've always had a soft spot for hash. Used to be all you got in the uk pretty much up until the 90s. Now it's hard to find. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Dope 101:

And marijuana is the plant, and more importantly the flowers/buds, think Mexico, Jamaica, California, Sub-Saharan Africa, Thailand, Indonesia.. 

I've always had a soft spot for hash. Used to be all you got in the uk pretty much up until the 90s. Now it's hard to find. 

That explains it nicely 5555

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 11:56 AM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Do they sell much hash? 

If it was corned beef hash I'll be up for some, the other sh*t you can keep 😂

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Dope 101:

Fond memories of my misspent youth, cooking the Sunday joint (the stuff from Afghanistan and Pakistan, which was mostly what was around in the late 60's and early 70's in the UK, usually had to be heated to be able to crumble it).  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

Fond memories of my misspent youth, cooking the Sunday joint (the stuff from Afghanistan and Pakistan, which was mostly what was around in the late 60's and early 70's in the UK, usually had to be heated to be able to crumble it).  

Putting under a glass and smoking it that way was fun. Some of it had a great smell and great taste. My memory was a little hard on the lungs a bit. 

12 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Putting under a glass and smoking it that way was fun. Some of it had a great smell and great taste. My memory was a little hard on the lungs a bit. 

Or even more hard core (and harder on the lungs) a small clay pipe.

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2023 at 6:47 AM, Thaiger said:

The renowned Walking Street in Pattaya has been given a contemporary makeover as unsightly power poles have been removed.

Thought the "poles" were part of the charm.

4 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Or even more hard core (and harder on the lungs) a small clay pipe.

Cheech and Chong would be proud of us.

• Haha 2