News Forum - VJ airline passenger criticises air hostess over luggage assistance refusal

Thaiger

An incident occurred yesterday when a woman took to social media to criticise an air hostess for refusing to assist her with her luggage. The woman, who was on a VJ airline flight, lamented the poor service and asked why air hostesses existed if they were not willing to provide assistance beyond selling food and … …

The story VJ airline passenger criticises air hostess over luggage assistance refusal as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

7kg and she can't lift it. 

Not saying it was the case here but many passengers will try to get away with heavy hand luggage if they know it's not being checked for weight or size. See many folks struggling to lift awkward bags. 

But 7kg??🤔🤔️ 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Not saying it was the case here but many passengers will try to get away with heavy hand luggage if they know it's not being checked for weight or size. See many folks struggling to lift awkward bags. 

But 7kg??🤔🤔️ 

I just flew back from Alberta last weekend

Me, my wife and an airline hostess in our row

I took my wife's bag down and let her go

Then asked the hostess if she wanted me to get her back and she said yes please

Well she certainly wasn't following the 7kg's rule!

That thing was heavy as hell!    😀

7 hours ago, TedG said:

If someone can't lift their luggage, they need to check it. 

She's 43kg

Good chance she's pretty short

A short and tiny girl will have an issue lifting a 7kg bag into the overhead bin

Wouldn't be an issue in North America 

Plethora of guys jump up and help ladies on every flight I'm on

They are as chivalrous in South East Asia

12 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

But 7kg??🤔🤔️ 

As I said above

She is 43kg so a good chance she's pretty short as well

I'm sure plenty of men on that flight could have helped her 

3 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

As I said above

She is 43kg so a good chance she's pretty short as well

I'm sure plenty of men on that flight could have helped her 

Agreed, so something weird about the whole thing. She was in a big group so plenty of male friends to help too. 

5 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Agreed, so something weird about the whole thing. She was in a big group so plenty of male friends to help too. 

Oh

I figured she was alone

And could see other males on the plane not helping her

I don't find males in SEA all that chivalrous to fellow females 

Don't see them getting up on trains

Or helping with luggage 

My wife always comments the difference in Canada/US when she's traveling vs Thailand 

In that she knows she will be helped or asked if she needs help in Canada/US and not in Thailand 

28 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

And could see other males on the plane not helping her

I don't find males in SEA all that chivalrous to fellow females 

Don't see them getting up on trains

Or helping with luggage 

Exactly. Maybe she should have gone on social media and had a rant about ignorant lazy Thai males instead.

Well defamation won't be coming as it will bring bad publicity.

I have been flown on Vietjet domestic in Thailand I cannot count the times now, and have also flown them to HCMC and back to Thailand a good 4-5 times which is 8-10 flights now and will be doing it with them coming in late November or just in December again.

The flight was from Vietnam going to Thailand, and seems it was a group. It points to the group being of I think was Thai?, but then could it have been a group of Vietnam folk on a tour going to Thailand? Were the flight crew Thai or Vietnamese or a mixed crew? I have seen both. The Vietnamese crew act different from the Thai crew, so was the altercation in English or a given spoken language?

Normally the crew are very good, it is the people who get out off whack and this is usually thinking hoity doity and a sense of small priviedge. You can see how they act and how they dress. I have flown to Vietnam a lot for business over the years, and it sometimes can amaze me how people who do not travel much can act. I love the ones who apparently never been on an airplane as it looks like a person with two left seriously i don't have a clue nervous feet, but I am happy for them as they are doing a lifetime achievement. These groups are also the ones who can get a little noisy but that is from excitemnt and then they usually settle down. Seen them cry as well from scared. There is more to this story and how it panned out. I personally have helped many people old and young to store or get their bags, but the ones with an attitude or like bumrush trying to get to their bags bowling past you on or off I block and take offense to and do not help. Be nice, wait your turn. So if this is the case towards the flight attendant, then I fully understand telling them to shove it.

Flight attendants very quickly get to know what type of passenger you are, especially on this flight.

Assisting passengers with their hand luggage is not on the list of cabin crew duties.  If they help then it's a bonus, they have better things to do before doors closed than looking after people who can't deal with their own bags.  If the bags are too much for you, too heavy, too big, you're not tall enough, then don't bring them into the cabin. 

29 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Assisting passengers with their hand luggage is not on the list of cabin crew duties.  If they help then it's a bonus, they have better things to do before doors closed than looking after people who can't deal with their own bags.  If the bags are too much for you, too heavy, too big, you're not tall enough, then don't bring them into the cabin. 

I find that cabing crew on most all airlines here will only assist by finding you a place to put your bag in the overhead as in maybe moving other bags over so you can fit yours in, but rarely do I see them out and out lifting and storing them if is a suitcase. Backpacks that are reasonably small and not filled to the gills and purses and computers are the main ones I see.

After all in reality it is something of an accident issue if they hurt themselves in the wrist, arms, neck or even the pull their back out. Why would they as pulling or tweaking muscles out is very easy to do and they need to preserve working and not be a liability. So from what I have seen is they normally never ever touch lift a small suitcase, and I cannot blame them.

Sounds like someone was feeling a little bit (over) entitled. Couldn't any of those Thai males have stepped forward to help her with her carry-on? The last few flights I have done the cabin crew have been helpful (both full service in business class and low cost carriers) - but is was fairly obvious from both the walking stick and the way that just lifting my arm above shoulder height (courtesy of a bad fall late last year) that I needed help.