Thaiger Talk Quiz #199 - Beef in Thailand

BigHewer

Quiz #199

Where's the beef? The title of this quiz says it all. If you know one steak from another, 5 out of 5 could be heading your way. Good luck, folks.

1.thumb.jpg.1f78929352aaf02c12b1cf9e0706ae0f.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.e602e3fd0f5e54c6cf01d02e6ca04477.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.a1747c794fe4f337b2f6386e086e93ab.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.15b4e491735c31d0a397b157899e1ea3.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.e3d5ab8785b3757d1133c3469b0f22c7.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.70f0261194e80a53ebff51e10792ba4a.jpg

And here are the answers... 😀

7.thumb.jpg.ea2fd3bf3ea9e7f6498791af5afea722.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.aea8f9368d07cb22392c0fd6bc511727.jpg

9.thumb.jpg.df60c75c65406ae2e93e6bb3d3013f04.jpg

Quiz199BeefinThailandx.thumb.jpg.8885e6e91a92dfb8408d1a8e76548e08.jpg

11.thumb.jpg.66dcd77d715320cf4c767aca392de274.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.6d0328cdd27be4fa7e2d52f79a7612d5.jpg

10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

3/5. Don't follow Thai beef once outside the country although I do eat it here maybe once  a week or week and a half.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

3/5. Don't follow Thai beef once outside the country although I do eat it here maybe once  a week or week and a half.

Thai beef recipes here in Canada with proper beef are out of this world good

I don't really eat beef in Thailand because it's so shitty and cheap

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

3/5 ( I cheated to get a point)

I do not eat Thai beef. Even the Australian beef can be awful.  I had the best beef in Thailand in the past decade at a restaurant called the Carnivore Steak & Grill in Ao Nang. The  farang owner purchased the beef himself and all of his positive reviews were well earned. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Thai beef recipes here in Canada with proper beef are out of this world good

I don't really eat beef in Thailand because it's so shitty and cheap

We primarly buy from a semi upscale store's butcher here in CM called Rimping. But there are ways to make meat taste good and soft, besides grinding it up for hamburgers as we do al ot as well. With my travels i eat all sorts of high end food and then street food, and at home we eat food and is always delicious for the most part. Beef also can be cut up and nmake inot a Thai curry dish like Penang that is out of this worlkd as well.

7 hours ago, Vigo said:

3/5 ( I cheated to get a point)

I do not eat Thai beef. Even the Australian beef can be awful.  I had the best beef in Thailand in the past decade at a restaurant called the Carnivore Steak & Grill in Ao Nang. The  farang owner purchased the beef himself and all of his positive reviews were well earned. 

Yeah I don't think the Australian beef is very good either..............

Only good steak I ever had(and it still doesn't compare to a proper US steakhouse) is New York Steakhouse in JW Marriott but it costs between $75-100cad

16 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

We primarly buy from a semi upscale store's butcher here in CM called Rimping. But there are ways to make meat taste good and soft, besides grinding it up for hamburgers as we do al ot as well. With my travels i eat all sorts of high end food and then street food, and at home we eat food and is always delicious for the most part. Beef also can be cut up and nmake inot a Thai curry dish like Penang that is out of this worlkd as well.

My area in Boston is known for steak tips, marinated cubes of steak and usually the cheaper cuts

The marinade I use for them, I use Coca-Cola because tenderizes the meat

But I still don't care for beef in Thailand

I also usually only eat chicken in curry because I feel the curry seaps into the chicken where it doesn't for pork or beef

(although I like both in Indian curries)

newbridge-cafe-steak-tips-rachel-leah-blumenthal.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

My area in Boston is known for steak tips, marinated cubes of steak and usually the cheaper cuts

The marinade I use for them, I use Coca-Cola because tenderizes the meat

But I still don't care for beef in Thailand

I also usually only eat chicken in curry because I feel the curry seaps into the chicken where it doesn't for pork or beef

(although I like both in Indian curries)

newbridge-cafe-steak-tips-rachel-leah-blumenthal.jpg

There is Thai beef you buy here that is probably one from the bony type cows as is my thought. Has an off stronger taste, but another beef you can buy is acceptable with no off taste. Agreed, not the best beef, but for me I can deal with it, but when in the states I have a steak, but also when in Bangkok I sometimes will eat at El Gaucho Argentinian Steak house and I must say their imported steak is cream worthy to die for. If you go to high end Japanese restaurants in Bangkok that have outrageous Kobe and Wagyu beef. 
I love a good prime rib back in the states as well. So yes, I know great and good beef. I pretty much eat everything, even buffalo if that counts . 

28 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

There is Thai beef you buy here that is probably one from the bony type cows as is my thought. Has an off stronger taste, but another beef you can buy is acceptable with no off taste. Agreed, not the best beef, but for me I can deal with it, but when in the states I have a steak, but also when in Bangkok I sometimes will eat at El Gaucho Argentinian Steak house and I must say their imported steak is cream worthy to die for. If you go to high end Japanese restaurants in Bangkok that have outrageous Kobe and Wagyu beef. 
I love a good prime rib back in the states as well. So yes, I know great and good beef. I pretty much eat everything, even buffalo if that counts . 

Yeah most Americans know good beef

My stepson will order at some places we go............I wait until NYC(plus that means it's expensed :)  )