News Forum - Kru Kai Kaew believers reportedly sacrifice puppies and kittens to the diety

Thaiger

Thai believers in the supernatural power of the Kru Kai Kaew deity rocked social media this week after they reportedly sought puppies and kittens for a sacrificial ceremony in the pursuit of luck and prosperity. The practice has taken a dark turn as some followers hope to receive lucky lottery numbers in exchange for innocent … …

The story Kru Kai Kaew believers reportedly sacrifice puppies and kittens to the diety as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is barbaric act. If left unchecked and nipped in the bud, it could leads to human sacrifice also. Looks like some Thais are ready to do anything for getting rich overnight. This cult is not traditional. In ancient times sacrifices are made at the war front to deamons for gaining victory over the enemy. That is what written in ancient history manuals. However eventually the practise have diverted in a different way among the humans. 

5 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

This is barbaric act. If left unchecked and nipped in the bud, it could leads to human sacrifice also. Looks like some Thais are ready to do anything for getting rich overnight. This cult is not traditional. In ancient times sacrifices are made at the war front to deamons for gaining victory over the enemy. That is what written in ancient history manuals. However eventually the practise have diverted in a different way among the humans. 

'Traditional' is a stupid excuse for anything.  In the UK, it was 'traditional' in past years to deport undesirables, drunks, reprobates  and petty criminals to Australia.   Okay, bad example, as we are thankfully  still doing that, but you get the point?   

• Haha 2

On 8/16/2023 at 7:59 PM, Karolyn said:

Is this cult really traditional? 

Near 30 years ago up in Nong Khai trying to get a quick visa to go to Laos, just near the where I went was a place that called me over to come in. Weird odd creepy feeling. The man an woman had this warped sinsister smile of expression on their faces and were tried hard to get me to touch this mushroom in a bowl on a shelf. I was on danger alert alrerady as it was totally off and creepy. Got out of there really fast. These people were a cult and I will never forget this as long as I live. I had the feeling like, touch this mushroom and you become one of their cult zombies. 

The same level of ignorance as traditional chinese medicine believing that body parts and fluids from endangered animals will make you 'virile'. 

• Like 2

On 8/17/2023 at 8:59 AM, Pinetree said:

'Traditional' is a stupid excuse for anything.  In the UK, it was 'traditional' in past years to deport undesirables, drunks, reprobates  and petty criminals to Australia.   Okay, bad example, as we are thankfully  still doing that, but you get the point?   

And we (Australians) can’t thank you enough for doing so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OK - is there evidence of this behaviour or does it attract readers?

the world is full of morons - cults, Breciteers etc but what is so bad is that the authorities allow this stuff to happen

It reflects badly on policing in Thailand and of course the non-existence of animal cruelty laws and enforcement