News Forum - German man reportedly sets fire to house after Thai wife vanishes 

Thaiger

A German man reportedly set fire to his house in the northern province of Phayao after his Thai wife disappeared for a few days. A team of firefighters managed to rescue the man who suffered burns across his body. Chun Police Station officers, in coordination with both rescue and firefighter teams, swiftly made their way … …

The story German man reportedly sets fire to house after Thai wife vanishes  as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well that certainly showed her who is za boss. Something seems to think this was not a marriage made in heaven. Those burns are going to hurt.

• Haha 1

Really? The guy’s problem is that now he has to prove that he didn’t start the fire because the cops, the soon to return wife and the insurance company all have a financial interest in claiming otherwise. 

22 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well that certainly showed her who is za boss. Something seems to think this was not a marriage made in heaven. Those burns are going to hurt.

Well...why should she care as he has burnt down everything. She can always find another person to move on with her life happily. But he has to end up on the street. That is the reality. Welcome to Thailand 

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Well...why should she care as he has burnt down everything. She can always find another person to move on with her life happily. But he has to end up on the street. That is the reality. Welcome to Thailand 

Probably not the street as arson is crime and he did potenitally endanger people in some way or the other. He has also showed he is unstable..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Probably not the street as arson is crime and he did potenitally endanger people in some way or the other. He has also showed he is unstable..

In this case, arson is a “victimless” crime so he‘d probably end up paying a court fine & damages if found guilty. 

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

In this case, arson is a “victimless” crime so he‘d probably end up paying a court fine & damages if found guilty. 

Depends on who really owned the house and truck and if could have endangers neighbors. Malice. But of course one is allowed to destroy their own property. Cannot burn dirt that is hers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

If everything is his, perhaps. But house and often car, furniture, is just paid by Farangs, but ....!

I guess it inevitable with so many age gapped relationships and relationships based solely off money

But man does Thailand has more than it's fair share of grown men that can't seem to handle relationships and life in a normal manner

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Gold digger has already squeezed him dry. Moving on to next victim.😀

• Haha 2

On 8/17/2023 at 10:56 AM, HiuMak said:

Gold digger has already squeezed him dry. Moving on to next victim.😀

No matter how strong they squeezed till their last drop of milk, some westerners will never learn their lessons thinking about dating young Thai girls and moving to Thailand with their entire wealth. No one can change them as they always failed to do their homework before looking for young Thai girls as partners. They only come to their senses towards end of their old age being penniless.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

No matter how strong they squeezed till their last drop of milk, some westerners will never learn their lessons thinking about dating young Thai girls and moving to Thailand with their entire wealth. No one can change them as they always failed to do their homework before looking for young Thai girls as partners. They only come to their senses towards end of their old age being penniless.  

A girl in my wife's village has been married to a German man for 10+ years, not a big age gap

He built a house for 4mil baht

She lost money gambling and she just sold the house for 2mil to pay her debts, didn't even consult him(they live in Germany)

Now my wife tells me she is renting a house and her husband will save to buy that house for 2mil

Good grief............

"His Thai wife left home to go away to work for a few days and did not contact him"

Probably difficult to contact him if she was with one of her regular 'customers'. Why do some old men never see themselves for the suckers they are. I wonder if she is actually a 'wife' or just some village ceremony?

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

A girl in my wife's village has been married to a German man for 10+ years, not a big age gap

He built a house for 4mil baht

She lost money gambling and she just sold the house for 2mil to pay her debts, didn't even consult him(they live in Germany)

Now my wife tells me she is renting a house and her husband will save to buy that house for 2mil

Good grief............

Stupidity or blind love. I go with the former. 

And enabling her to go and do it all again. 

If that happened to me I think I'd be down the divorce court PDQ... 

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Stupidity or blind love? Probably a mix of both. Either way, a story that you will hear over and over in one form or another over and over - and not just in Thailand, pretty much anywhere where there is a plentiful supply of "rich foreigners" that can't or won't learn the no money, no honey lesson. 

1 hour ago, Grumpish said:

Stupidity or blind love? Probably a mix of both. Either way, a story that you will hear over and over in one form or another over and over - and not just in Thailand, pretty much anywhere where there is a plentiful supply of "rich foreigners" that can't or won't learn the no money, no honey lesson. 

Now I don't know if it's because they are outside Thailand 

But the vast majority of Thai girls we know here in Vancouver Canada are not married to "rich" guys 

Most are married to middle class guys and the Thai girl works and contributes

3 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I love my wife to death and I treat her pretty well

But if she pulled something even a tenth as bad as that I'd walk away 

I think the issue is guys want to feel special and they just throw money around very early on when the relatives is being formed 

So it sets that precedent 

I've been with my wife almost 20 years

Married 15 now

And we just bought a house in Thailand last year

We didn't need one until now 

48 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Now I don't know if it's because they are outside Thailand 

But the vast majority of Thai girls we know here in Vancouver Canada are not married to "rich" guys 

Most are married to middle class guys and the Thai girl works and contributes

It does seem to be different for the ones that make it off the reservation, the ones that make it into a reasonably secure financial situation, and the ones that able to escape from the pressures to support the whole extended family.

14 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

It does seem to be different for the ones that make it off the reservation, the ones that make it into a reasonably secure financial situation, and the ones that able to escape from the pressures to support the whole extended family.

"Make it off the reservation " 

Ha, I love that.    😀

But yes, they get to see what real life in the west is with the expenses that come with it.

And obviously it makes a huge difference if they are out there working 

But if a guy lives in Thailand and is with a Thai girl and she doesn't have education, her working can be an issue

I don't think many guys want their wife working 6 days/week 12 hours/day for 20k baht

But then you have a relatively young girl not working 

Then you possibly set them up in a business and with all the pitfalls of that

So I do think it's hard getting into a relationship with someone with limited education while living in Thailand 

PS..not disparaging anyone with limi4dd education. My wife is in that boat

21 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

PS..not disparaging anyone with limi4dd education. My wife is in that boat

Agree with you on that. By western standards my own education is very limited, I was just lucky enough to fall into a field (IT) that I was good at.