News Forum - Bangkok crackdown nabs nine foreigners at drug party

Thaiger

A group of nine foreign expats were remanded into custody on Friday when a police crackdown stormed a posh residence in the Saphan Sung district of Bangkok, where they discovered an ongoing drug-fuelled party. The crackdown was carried out under the leadership of the commanding officer of Bang Chan, Pol Col Siwat Sriwichai. The officer … …

The story Bangkok crackdown nabs nine foreigners at drug party as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

32 minutes ago, Leo said:

So from the nine "foreign expats", five are Chinese (it seems the writer tried to dance around this issue).

Are they not foreigners? Who cares what Nationality they are? 

1 hour ago, Leo said:

So from the nine "foreign expats", five are Chinese (it seems the writer tried to dance around this issue).

4 Chinese, 2 Malysian, 1 Vietnamese, 1 Myanmar, 1 Thai.

In a picture from another news article, Not Thaigre, it clearly shows 3 females, so this article is wrong. 2 of the Chinese were fully illegal with no documentation. 

There have been semi recent stories aftet the big chinese mafia busts that Organised crime had bought up a lot of houses in a housing estate area and were always causing noisy problems. this seems to be a International Gang or Mafia gather as well, and that is the point we should look at as 4 of this group were actual Chinese, and you can probably bet the Malaysian was ethnic Chinese Malay, the Vietnamese person from far North Vietnam, and the Myanmar person also from Chinese heritage (Han).

You can also bet that these 3 gals were sexual cushions for all the 6 males. Nothing pretty about this story as all are bad guys and the girls either running with them, hired as comfort or owned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leo said:

Let's not upset the perceived love affair with the communist giant. Would hate for them to lose face for the increasing crime emanating with their population.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Just the fact that MOST of the obnoxious events reported (apart from equally obnoxious Kuwaitis) seems to be involving Chinese. Predictable given the attraction/lure brought on by Thailand's tourism machine and the number of them entering.

Hope they all get heavily fined and banished from the Kingdom, given that execution for drug offences appears to have lost attraction.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

Just the fact that MOST of the obnoxious events reported (apart from equally obnoxious Kuwaitis) seems to be involving Chinese. Predictable given the attraction/lure brought on by Thailand's tourism machine and the number of them entering.

Hope they all get heavily fined and banished from the Kingdom, given that execution for drug offences appears to have lost attraction.

I'm not a fan of Chinese 

But there is more than plenty drunk(high) white guys causing problems all over Thailand for decades 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I'm not a fan of Chinese 

But there is more than plenty drunk(high) white guys causing problems all over Thailand for decades 

They used to be called 'ugly Americans', but I agree, that has spread to most western tourists in the flesh spots who are definitely not good looking! I must admit I just have a deep mistrust of anything Chinese.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Not much chance of the Thais risking China's displeasure by executing Rich Chinese I suspect. Shame really as if nothing else execution guarantees no re offending!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

They used to be called 'ugly Americans', but I agree, that has spread to most western tourists in the flesh spots who are definitely not good looking! I must admit I just have a deep mistrust of anything Chinese.

Used to be the French, Israelis, Australians for stupidity and some type of the Brits who still score high on this category. Now it is the Russians, and Middle Easterners as they take the lead from the Chinese.

• Like 1

I'm sure that there were other drug fuelled parties all over Thailand last night. Some get caught and most evade notice. Them is the risks of taking drugs to have fun. 

9 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Only care when Farang is bandied about.

But maybe they should have mixed with the neighbours and invited some Thais and all this would be fiction.

Swish area, maybe the Thais would have OK'd it with the cops before going to the party.

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Used to be the French, Israelis, Australians for stupidity and some type of the Brits who still score high on this category. Now it is the Russians, and Middle Easterners as they take the lead from the Chinese.

Thank goodness they don't come to my area of preference! Nowhere really near the mountains, absolutely nowhere near the salt water (had enough of that in my time), just good, honest Thais who have genuine smiles.

12 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

Thank goodness they don't come to my area of preference! Nowhere really near the mountains, absolutely nowhere near the salt water (had enough of that in my time), just good, honest Thais who have genuine smiles.

That's why we Iive out of the city in CM in a mostly all Thai housing area. Oddly enough, besides me there are just now 5 white foreigners living in my area out of a total of about 180 - 200 houses, and for the most part they are all ok fom what I can see, but they are not Chinese or Russian or Middle East or Indian. This is sort of not their fancy I would think for where to live. And I don't know or talk to any of them, and that actually extends to every neighbor I have.

Thai aren't exactly the best neighbors as well. I have one group next to me from the mountain and honestly they have been terrible with how many they have come and go and live in the tuny box house. Another is Thai on the other side and they can be terrible when they have friends over for eating and drinking. Now pretty quiet, but the last thing they did last week and the week before was his friend left late about 12-1am and p i s s ed in our front gutter all over the street. Stunk like h - e l l . The other night can presume the same i d i o t one and I actually saw him up at the next house up p i s s i n g in the gutter and on the street before he got into his friends car. I actually opened my 2nd story window took pictures of him and when they were driving away leaving I put my arms up in the air to signify to them I saw and knew what he did. Low life jerk(s)! And this is a nice housing area and not a low life palce. But just depends as even low life brain dead jerks can make or have money too. I thik half love me for what I strick up for and many do not. Love to know my nickname or what they call me, but one thing for sure is they do not mess with me now or they know that it gonna be coming right back at them.

So in essence one must always stick up for what is right and not back down with Thai and everyone essentially. No difference when dealing with people who don't know better.. 

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Thai aren't exactly the best neighbors as well

Ever thought that you might be the problem - falang not making any effort to integrate?

I have absolutely no problems with the 'neighbours', KO, most of them are extended family, but when we have friends over, all are invited. This IS Thailand and it seems to live on noise, so get used to it or leave. As to men using the gutter as a toilet, doesn't that happen in ALL countries?

6 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

Ever thought that you might be the problem - falang not making any effort to integrate?

I have absolutely no problems with the 'neighbours', KO, most of them are extended family, but when we have friends over, all are invited. This IS Thailand and it seems to live on noise, so get used to it or leave. As to men using the gutter as a toilet, doesn't that happen in ALL countries?

Sorry, but nope. There are gives and takes and certainly everyone is allowed to have people over and make noise periodically. It is living not a monastary or library. Actually most all 98% of everyone here are respectful of others as ok and within bounds, and this happens to be a housing estate and not a village or outside area with chickens running around. A village or outside old thai type areas are a different animal. 

Intergrate? Surely you are joking, but then keep your own reality as is your perogative. I live with my Thai Family and my Thai wife is the one who draws the line on the majority. I am pretty much integrated in everything as in the culture and live the life such as.

I'm sorry but (first wife) I have also stayed and lived in a village and for that matter many places in Thailand for several decades and am well versed and accostomed to what is ok and what is over the line and this is for where each and every area is in location will have a different way to look at it. The fact is some Thai can be bad neighbors and there is nothing that is going to change that unless confronted. Watch the news and you will see Thai people shooting, arguing, knifing, fighting, even running  their Thai neighbors for noise or overstepping their property boundary or many excessive things that send them over the edge. Almost weekly on Thai news you will see something. Me and my family are not the minority here.

If you are saying intergrate and taking a cake to my neighbors. Let's think this way as in reciprocating the love. I will now get out my drum, and stereo and play and beat it early in the morning to anytime later at night any time I want. And within that do it all day long if I feel the urge. I too can also ride my motorcyle in and out 50 times a day (literally) and if tired to not ride then plainly start up all 4 of my bikes and hit the throttle while in neutral to recreate the sound of love back to them. works two ways. My other neighbor has a big bike and he walks it out and then starts and goes, and when coming back home puts it in neutral, turns off the ignition and glides in. But I happen to like the sound of big bikes and not ones that have a false open loud BS muffler on them. But also he walks his bike into the gate and my other 8 person mountain neighbors all have to open the gate and ride it in. Ignorant a-holes, but they are ignorant. Other neighbors nope! See my point. There are give and takes and limits of ok and not ok.

I speak Thai and have had conversations of soft and extremely hard with them before as well as my wife and kids going out to have them directly on their own without me. Live in harmony and act accordingly how you in fact want to be treated then all is well. There are only a couple that need to be reminded and then they are ok. There has been a time when it was just said ok, then the police will be called. But they do not want that for other reasons.

In general through out the housing community here, there are a few houses of mountain people spread out that seem to be always creating a traffic and noise problem for their neighbors. Now, why is this? Becasue they are from the mountain. And why do they live here and how did they previously and probably still make their money? Well it is unwritten knoweldge why they cannot live in the normal home area anymore, and l a w pushing on them is one of them.

Most people say hello to me when walking by or excerising (and I reciprocate) after they get home. They see and know about all the problems that everyone have because all the houses are set up with a communal linked Line group. 

Anyway, living with family in a village enviroment is different, I have done that before once upon a time. I ghet along with all of my extended Thai family and have lived with them at one time or the other. Intregation is not the point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Sorry, but nope. There are gives and takes and certainly everyone is allowed to have people over and make noise periodically. It is living not a monastary or library. Actually most all 98% of everyone here are respectful of others as ok and within bounds, and this happens to be a housing estate and not a village or outside area with chickens running around. A village or outside old thai type areas are a different animal. 

Intergrate? Surely you are joking, but then keep your own reality as is your perogative. I live with my Thai Family and my Thai wife is the one who draws the line on the majority. I am pretty much integrated in everything as in the culture and live the life such as.

I'm sorry but (first wife) I have also stayed and lived in a village and for that matter many places in Thailand for several decades and am well versed and accostomed to what is ok and what is over the line and this is for where each and every area is in location will have a different way to look at it. The fact is some Thai can be bad neighbors and there is nothing that is going to change that unless confronted. Watch the news and you will see Thai people shooting, arguing, knifing, fighting, even running  their Thai neighbors for noise or overstepping their property boundary or many excessive things that send them over the edge. Almost weekly on Thai news you will see something. Me and my family are not the minority here.

If you are saying intergrate and taking a cake to my neighbors. Let's think this way as in reciprocating the love. I will now get out my drum, and stereo and play and beat it early in the morning to anytime later at night any time I want. And within that do it all day long if I feel the urge. I too can also ride my motorcyle in and out 50 times a day (literally) and if tired to not ride then plainly start up all 4 of my bikes and hit the throttle while in neutral to recreate the sound of love back to them. works two ways. My other neighbor has a big bike and he walks it out and then starts and goes, and when coming back home puts it in neutral, turns off the ignition and glides in. But I happen to like the sound of big bikes and not ones that have a false open loud BS muffler on them. But also he walks his bike into the gate and my other 8 person mountain neighbors all have to open the gate and ride it in. Ignorant a-holes, but they are ignorant. Other neighbors nope! See my point. There are give and takes and limits of ok and not ok.

I speak Thai and have had conversations of soft and extremely hard with them before as well as my wife and kids going out to have them directly on their own without me. Live in harmony and act accordingly how you in fact want to be treated then all is well. There are only a couple that need to be reminded and then they are ok. There has been a time when it was just said ok, then the police will be called. But they do not want that for other reasons.

In general through out the housing community here, there are a few houses of mountain people spread out that seem to be always creating a traffic and noise problem for their neighbors. Now, why is this? Becasue they are from the mountain. And why do they live here and how did they previously and probably still make their money? Well it is unwritten knoweldge why they cannot live in the normal home area anymore, and l a w pushing on them is one of them.

Most people say hello to me when walking by or excerising (and I reciprocate) after they get home. They see and know about all the problems that everyone have because all the houses are set up with a communal linked Line group. 

Anyway, living with family in a village enviroment is different, I have done that before once upon a time. I ghet along with all of my extended Thai family and have lived with them at one time or the other. Intregation is not the point.

Didn't mean to offend. I am looking at life purely from an extended family village environment.

34 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

Didn't mean to offend. I am looking at life purely from an extended family village environment.

No problem. I was just explaining how it is in our life and world for where we live now. We used to have great relations with some neighbors in our old house and one is still close best friends with my wife. One I used to drink with (Thai). And also there were 3-4 that were like enemies, but they were enemies with many in the neighborhood as well. But here where we live is nope not gonna do it and best to keep to ourselves as not our kind of people to get close to. A head bob or smile is enough. The neighbors next to us and across the street are no thank you and keep our distance. Some down the street my wife ocasional will answer them if they say something, they are ok, but still no coming over to our house and visa versa. We actually have a |Thai old man aquaintance good guy on the back side where the park is. Very nice guy and he actually helped out and got a chicken out of the partk that someone put there. Darn chicken was crowing at 3 and 4am in the morning. 

Anyway, not problem - thank you back to you and you did not offend me.

6 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

That is much different than mixing with non family I'd say

My wife and her Mom(family) have had 2 houses, 1 in Samut Prakan and 1 in Nonthaburi now

My MIL knew a lot of people in Samut Prakan but really didn't socialize with them at all

And Nonthaburi, some pleasantries(and complaints) and that's all

In the village, we stick almost 100% with family or my wife's best friend's family, which are basically family