News Forum - Delivery man shot by police for wearing a helmet inside a shopping mall

Thaiger

A Khlong Luang Police Station officer shot an unarmed parcel delivery man after he violated safety measures by wearing a motorcycle helmet inside a bank in Pathum Thani province near Bangkok. Incredibly, some members of the public believe the officer was right to shoot the defenceless man, stating he was ensuring the safety of others … …

The story Delivery man shot by police for wearing a helmet inside a shopping mall as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good job! Well done Officer. Some people has to be taught in the hard way to obey the rules. It is your swift action like this will keep the others who are planning to commit crime, away from banks and gold shops. Please keep up the good work. 

1 hour ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Good job! Well done Officer. Some people has to be taught in the hard way to obey the rules. It is your swift action like this will keep the others who are planning to commit crime, away from banks and gold shops. Please keep up the good work. 

Are you serious or sarcastic?

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

Are you serious or sarcastic?

Well.. I am serious. We have to give the credit to those who deserve it. 

Sometimes I will think about wearing my helmet into 7-11 for something quick and my wife always yells at me

So I guess she knows her stuff!

• Like 1

Seems to me he brought it upon himself by refusing to take of his helmet when asked to do so by the plod. I am sure he was well acquainted with the need to take off the helmet in the Mall but just chose to be difficult. Fair play to the copper for not shooting him fatally. 

• Like 1

Telling the cop to stop complaining was never going to end well. Possibly a serious loss of face if the cop had backed down after that.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

Telling the cop to stop complaining was never going to end well. Possibly a serious loss of face if the cop had backed down after that.  

Just a nobody inflated with self importance. If I was the cop, I would have arrested him for failing to comply. It takes no time to remove a helmet, especially when there is signage that it is not to be worn. This, however, illuminates the idiocy of face masks. You can wear those idiotic things together with a hat and that is permitted. Same deal - they conceal identity. You can't have one and not the other.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Fair play to the copper for not shooting him fatally. 

I would like to know what his shooting range scores are and where he intended to hit his (human) target. Pretty sure he wouldn't have been planning to shoot him in the foot.

20 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

I would like to know what his shooting range scores are and where he intended to hit his (human) target. Pretty sure he wouldn't have been planning to shoot him in the foot.

shooting limbs is for cowboy films especially with a handgun. Lucky the ricochet didn't hit anyone else in the shopping mall. 

• Like 2

The police do not have the right to shoot anyone unless they consider their lives are threatened. The delivery driver was already leaving so if a violation had occurred then the man should either have received a caution or should have been arrested and taken to the police station. Shocking over reaction by the police. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Leeshard said:

The police do not have the right to shoot anyone unless they consider their lives are threatened. The delivery driver was already leaving so if a violation had occurred then the man should either have received a caution or should have been arrested and taken to the police station. Shocking over reaction by the police. 

A case of face saving by a cop being ignored maybe. 

On 8/8/2023 at 3:35 PM, Thaiger said:

A Khlong Luang Police Station officer shot an unarmed parcel delivery man after he violated safety measures by wearing a motorcycle helmet inside a bank in Pathum Thani province near Bangkok. Incredibly, some members of the public believe the officer was right to shoot the defenceless man, stating he was ensuring the safety of others … …

The story Delivery man shot by police for wearing a helmet inside a shopping mall as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

One is wearing the helmet at the wrong place and One is using the gun at the wrong time. 

• Like 1