News Forum - Nigerian’s dramatic car chase leads to cocaine trafficking revelations

Thaiger

A 26 year old Nigerian led Thai police on a frenzied car chase across in Phuket in an attempt to escape charges that escalated and escalated the more police uncovered. The incident unfolded in the afternoon in Thalang, when the Phuket Immigration Police, along with officers from the Cherng Talay Police Station began trailing a … …

The story Nigerian’s dramatic car chase leads to cocaine trafficking revelations as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The last thing the Thai people need in their Country are Nigerians.

The second to last thing that Thailand needs are the farangs who frequent Sukhumvit. 

• Haha 1

Upon further probing, police unearthed an undisclosed quantity of cocaine inside the house in Sri Soonthorn

Undisclosed quantity, makes it much easier to decide, later, how much it really was!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I sometimes wonder how people this dumb and stupid can actually walk, talk and feed themselves. 

Amen.

10 hours ago, Clutch said:

The second to last thing that Thailand needs are the farangs who frequent Sukhumvit. 

I will say probably on the Nigerians as the biggest majority more than likely have a scam going or are drug dealers. Most nothing good comes from them. But don't follow you on the frequenting of Sukhumvit area. Please state why you say this, and do you mean all foreingers as Farang or just white skinned people?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I will say probably on the Nigerians as the biggest majority more than likely have a scam going or are drug dealers. Most nothing good comes from them. But don't follow you on the frequenting of Sukhumvit area. Please state why you say this, and do you mean all foreingers as Farang or just white skinned people?

My understanding of the term, “farang”, is white-skinned people and not all non-native Thai.

It’s been several years since my single visit to Pattaya but I should have used that as my example of foreigner hangouts that are a public nuisance to Thailand. I would also include Sukhumvit (lower Sois) during night hours although there is a gentrification process that I have observed for atleast 15 years taking place that is thinning that group out. 

Yes, I do understand the outflow of the cash “earned” in those locales does have a trickle-down benefit to regions of the Country in multi-generational poverty such as Isaan.

I stay at hotels frequented by families and the amount of money we spend in a week far surpasses the money that Pattaya ex-pats provide to Thailand in a week substantially.

It’s that whole “high-value tourism” theme that has been discussed for years now.

35 minutes ago, Clutch said:

My understanding of the term, “farang”, is white-skinned people and not all non-native Thai.

It’s been several years since my single visit to Pattaya but I should have used that as my example of foreigner hangouts that are a public nuisance to Thailand. I would also include Sukhumvit (lower Sois) during night hours although there is a gentrification process that I have observed for atleast 15 years taking place that is thinning that group out. 

Yes, I do understand the outflow of the cash “earned” in those locales does have a trickle-down benefit to regions of the Country in multi-generational poverty such as Isaan.

I stay at hotels frequented by families and the amount of money we spend in a week far surpasses the money that Pattaya ex-pats provide to Thailand in a week substantially.

It’s that whole “high-value tourism” theme that has been discussed for years now.

So why are you only picking on the white skinned foreigners? Just curious.

In my decades of understanding for here, and I do have  Thai family with 3 kids, it is all relevant for who spends and where it goes as the money flow is spread around to a wide range of Thai and not only in bars or girly bars. To think that would be ridiculous that as there are so many other businesses surrounding these areas for food in restaurants, street food, stores, hotels, shops etc. They sort of can interconncet in the just outside of the bar areas and most tourists just pass through them but like to look to say they did. I don't know, not a Pattaya resident as live in Chiang Mai, but I am an expat and travel quite frequently for meetings and taking visiting associates or visting friends around. I stay at all sorts of places (not rooms in the bars or bar streets). Your spending in one or two weeks and then (as I take it you are not an expat) may be what they spend in 1 month, but their month after month after month here should far surpass you trips total of spending. You cannot lump all expats into one shell. 

High value tourism or high value tourists? What is the big deal as long as they are not pedos or abuse the Thai people as a low quaility person. Most foreign expats i meet are not poor or bad people, but I actually stay at my house with my family for the majority. But tonight since my friend from EU is here and leaving next week, I will go out to a bar I have been going to and know the family for over 15 years now with him and there are girls at the complex there and for sale if that is your thing. Bar I go to no one bugs me, well no one really bugs me anywhere for how I carry myself unless i want  them to.

• Like 1

The very first group I said Thai don’t need are Nigerians so that negates that I am only saying white-skinned people.

Nor did I anywhere lump all expats into one shell as you somehow nisunderstood.

And I am not saying ALL white-skinned people, I specifically said a group of those Farang who are part of the Pattaya/Sukhumvit collection of ex-pats that every single man on this forum knows the group I am talking about. The group that sleeps all day, parties all night. Lives in cheap housing and contributes nothing to the Thai economy except bar bills and paying for sex.

Sorry if that is not clear to you. Maybe you actually don’t know that community but that’s very hard to believe when you say you have lived here so long.

The Japanese/Korean/Chinese/Indonesian & Indian communities do not have anything similar to the Farang ex-pat alcoholic, deadbeat, sexmonger community of Pattaya and BKK

If you are not aware of this community then there is no way you are going to understand anything I say.

You say you live in CM. At no time did I say anything about CM so I have no idea why you are taking this personally.

Edited by Clutch

13 hours ago, Clutch said:

Please read this again.

Nowhere did I mention anything about CM expats or ALL white-skinned Farang. 

Is it possible you are confusing me for a different poster?

1 hour ago, Clutch said:

The very first group I said Thai don’t need are Nigerians so that negates that I am only saying white-skinned people.

Nor did I anywhere lump all expats into one shell as you somehow nisunderstood.

And I am not saying ALL white-skinned people, I specifically said a group of those Farang who are part of the Pattaya/Sukhumvit collection of ex-pats that every single man on this forum knows the group I am talking about. The group that sleeps all day, parties all night. Lives in cheap housing and contributes nothing to the Thai economy except bar bills and paying for sex.

Sorry if that is not clear to you. Maybe you actually don’t know that community but that’s very hard to believe when you say you have lived here so long.

The Japanese/Korean/Chinese/Indonesian & Indian communities do not have anything similar to the Farang ex-pat alcoholic, deadbeat, sexmonger community of Pattaya and BKK

If you are not aware of this community then there is no way you are going to understand anything I say.

You say you live in CM. At no time did I say anything about CM so I have no idea why you are taking this personally.

Not taking it personaly, just saying you looked to be pointing it as a generalization. I have walked around Pattaya many times and see a lot of retired expats or visting ones. Many will be at a local hangout bar or some even with a bought beer on the beach with their expat group talking, and to me not my type of life but to many there it is. I see them as the lonely single hearts old farts club who basically just exchanged one country for another in their retirement and do the same thing they would in their home country. Their choice of clothing is a bit odd, but not sure if they are deadbeats or just choose to wear tank tops and flip flops in the Pattaya area. Sukhumvit is a different breed of old expat guys, but it is not cheap by all means. They all do have something to contribute to society and spend and it counts for where they do spend their money outside of tha bars or say 7-11's. If you stay at a hotel then where and whom are you contributing your money to? Certainly not street level where it probably needs to be spread around.

As for Japanese? I think you need to take another look around in Bangkok becasue they certainly do have the drink everyday ones there in a couple of areas and frequented places. Korea as well. I am sure someone here can jump in on the Indian expats here as in Pattaya there is certainly an area that is totally under them. And contrary to your thought, the Japanese, Korean and Indian guys all buy gals. I used to know quite a few Japanese working here. Was a daily yee haw thing for them. Oh, if you have the time take a trip walking in and then out to the old Thermae bar on Sukhumvit later night. Guesswho is the majority of folk in there? Not Farang!

I don't take anyone negative, but then again I don't have to talk to them as well, and in general they have made it to a point to retire or have a maintained status keeping afloat as an expat, then more power to them. 

Not getting on you, just I have a different perspective of expat people and life here and I do travel quite a bit out of Chiang Mai. Nigerians I fully agree with you. That is a given. Chinese in huge numbers become a nusiance and in my eye worse than the expat who just goes to a bar everyday. I see them as a blemish plight and hope it never gets back to the sheer numbers they were at here before covid..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Not taking it personaly, just saying you looked to be pointing it as a generalization.

Understood.

That was my bad.

• Like 1