News Forum - Street racer kills woman in hit-and-run accident in Chon Buri

Thaiger

A grisly accident late yesterday evening between a souped-up street racer pick-up truck and a motorbike claimed the life of a woman. The offending vehicle, suspected of being illegally modified for racing, fled the scene, prompting a further investigation by local police. The unfortunate incident transpired around 11pm yesterday near the entrance of the Thung … …

The story Street racer kills woman in hit-and-run accident in Chon Buri as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Here's a hint: look for a youngish person of middle-eastern origin who has fond affection for Kuwait or Saudi and has recently had a motorbike impounded by the police.

4 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

Here's a hint: look for a youngish person of middle-eastern origin who has fond affection for Kuwait or Saudi and has recently had a motorbike impounded by the police.

...........and is a hypocrite, devoted religious chap, who drinks like a fish and shags his way around the district. Mind you, there are many thousands here who fit that description. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

Nothing will change unless the motorbike is crused into scrap. It will end up on the road with another person and the cycle goes on an on.....forever

11 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Nothing will change unless the motorbike is crused into scrap. It will end up on the road with another person and the cycle goes on an on.....forever

And Big Joke things that he will defeat the big biker gangs by increasing the financial requirements for retirement visas.  The man is deluded.  These guys are riding 1,3 million Baht bikes and wouldn't give a toss if the requirements were doubled. Crush them too and maybe, just maybe, this idiocy will be controlled. 

P.S, my mate who is not in a biker gang , rides a BMW that cost him 700K more than my new Toyota. 

4 hours ago, Pinetree said:

And Big Joke things that he will defeat the big biker gangs by increasing the financial requirements for retirement visas. 

Is this true? I bypassed reading the biker gang articles. But if he trully tries to do this then he is ending the life of a lots of good foreinger retiree here. This better not be the case.

Not sure how it goes, but I think in the USA is that the bikers who have a proven association or are a member to the gangs are labelled as terrorists and cannot enter the country. Now this would be the best way for Thailand to go.

7 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Reported in the Bangkok Post and re posted by Integrity Legal on U Tube. 

Ok thank you. Saw it now. Stated said: That 800k requirment is too low and does not help screen quality applicants. This is absurd BS as it is nonsense for what they are pointing at. If they want to do this then they are alienating the good people retirees to come stay here and have a good life. A few bad eggs make a headache for all the good ones.

How about saying the few way too many corrupt bad cops they have, or the way too many corrupt politicians they have should make a requiremnt to disband both and rebuild from the bottom. but no that is ok... 

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Is this true? I bypassed reading the biker gang articles. But if he trully tries to do this then he is ending the life of a lots of good foreinger retiree here. This better not be the case.

You call a gang member a 'good foreigner retiree'? By its classifier, a 'gang' has connotations of lawlessness. Perhaps you are referring to 'clubs' and got confused?

7 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

You are most likely wrong, here:

Pickup Trucks, modified, highly unlikely for rent!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

You call a gang member a 'good foreigner retiree'? By its classifier, a 'gang' has connotations of lawlessness. Perhaps you are referring to 'clubs' and got confused?

You read it wrong. It will only stop the good people not the gang

• Like 1

There another incident of hit and run at the pattaya beach which also involved a modified pick-up truck as per another article in Thaiger. Could it be the same truck?

• Angry 1

47 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

There another incident of hit and run at the pattaya beach which also involved a modified pick-up truck as per another article in Thaiger. Could it be the same truck?

If there was a lot of damage to the first motor cycle front end, it would indicate the pickup hit it from the front and being pimped up, would not have been very structurally able to commit another offence, surely!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guest1 said:

You are most likely wrong, here:

Pickup Trucks, modified, highly unlikely for rent!

I see what you are saying, but trust wealthy and arrogant middle-easters not at all. After all, the bunch of Kuwaitis with the souped up motorbikes last week probably indicate that anything is available if the money is there to pay for it.

• Like 1

I do notice more of the crotch rocket big bikes around BKK than pre-Covid.

Every one of them with loud pipes and they blast off from the red lights in a deafening roar.

I assumed wealthy Thai but are these likely the Kuwaiti?

• Like 1

Years back, I rented a big bike for riding CM region.

It used to crack me up when some Thai kid who didn’t even weigh 50-kilo soak & wet used to fly by me on a ratty old Honda motorbike with a 100-cc motor.

I always accounted it to the rider not having been weighed down by learning about Physics in school. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Clutch said:

I assumed wealthy Thai but are these likely the Kuwaiti?

Money talks -both for what you buy, and what you buy your way out of

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

I see what you are saying, but trust wealthy and arrogant middle-easters not at all. After all, the bunch of Kuwaitis with the souped up motorbikes last week probably indicate that anything is available if the money is there to pay for it.

The/all (most all) bikes are "regular" pimped with "Akrapovic" and other cheap, but loud, copy exhausts.

As bigger the scooters are, as louder they have to be. Private or rentals, same same

And at least as soon the original is damaged, there is a louder getting on, even on rentals.

Just not seeing that for a pimped pick up truck. Which I more likely put into the "burn out" or "rolling coal" box.

These guys aren`t in the rental business, to much pride

• Like 1