News Forum - Monkey madness: Thai man’s roadside pee leads to wild monkey attack

Thaiger

A Thai man faced the terrifying ordeal of being attacked by a gang of more than 10 monkeys after he decided to have a pee on the roadside in the southern province of Ranong. The unsuspecting victim tried to fight back, but fate had other plans, as he stumbled and fell down a steep 50-metre … …

The story Monkey madness: Thai man’s roadside pee leads to wild monkey attack as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Monkeys probably thought he was claiming new territory.  Many animals declare their areas this way via urination.

Had a wonderful German Sheppard that on arrival at the local kennel would immediately urinate on his assigned bed. Aside from that, the kennel personnel loved him, always a play maker with other dogs, never fighting etc.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I am a great animal lover, but I give these nasty types a wide berth.  

Koh Lanta is infested with them

Never seen so many in my life

And there were a couple times I had to stop because they were in the road

Then plan my buzz past them with the chance they might attack

Nasty buggers 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, palooka said:

Monkeys probably thought he was claiming new territory.  Many animals declare their areas this way via urination.

Had a wonderful German Sheppard that on arrival at the local kennel would immediately urinate on his assigned bed. Aside from that, the kennel personnel loved him, always a play maker with other dogs, never fighting etc.

I took my German Shepherd, Bishop, to live with me in Thailand 

Great dog but he took no shit and he'd go right at the Soi Dogs if they tried to get at him

We know have the goofiest, nicest Golden, Quincy

He's afraid of little dogs because they always barking 

Well just doesn't like them

My wife says

"Quin, you a wimp, Bishop would kill them"  555

• Like 1

I can and have dealt with them but I hate these type of monkeys. I fully agree with Pinetree and the best is to give them a wide berth

• Like 1