News Forum - MFP calls out Pheu Thai Party’s lies on lese majeste law revision

Thaiger

The Move Forward (MFP) yesterday accused the Pheu Thai Party of lying. The MFP insist the Pheu Thai Party never requested them to withdraw their plan to revise the lese majeste law. The Pheu Thai Party yesterday announced an official split from the MFP and six other aligned parties, which had earlier agreed to a … …

The story MFP calls out Pheu Thai Party’s lies on lese majeste law revision as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I have mixed feelings about the Pheu Thai Party.

I really dislike the sleaze attached to it (and every other political party other than MFP), but it governed well when given an opportunity and it gained power fairly and legitimately.

However, if, as it seems likely, it is going to ditch the MFP, then it is signing it own death warrant. The 'cachet' of PTP, what made it stand out from the other parties, was that it was in opposition to the Military and the Bangkok Elite. If it forms a government with them now, that is over.

What would be the difference between the (hated) Democrat Party and the Pheu Thai Party?

Nothing. Nothing at all.

I take some consolation that the voters won't soon forget a betrayal like this.

• Like 2

Pheu Thai are despicable trash just like the ones they are or will be getting into bed with. MFP held to their promises and next time will come back with a vengence. 

• Like 2

Looking at the situation, the only way moving forward smooth is to get rid of the senators who are acting as barriers due to the contitutional changes. Once the new PM is selected, the first thing has to be done is to revert the constitution to its origial state and get rid of all the hurdles permanently from the parliamentary system. Failing which it will be a rough sea for the future of Thailand's politics. 

• Like 2

Agree with what say,  but in breaking news the deal between PT and the PPRP is on hold. I can’t see how a they could form a functioning coalition given the level acrimony and distrust that exists between them. The realpolitik on show is really nauseating.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Pheu Thai are despicable trash just like the ones they are or will be getting into bed with. MFP held to their promises and next time will come back with a vengence. 

I hope that's true but think the senators will keep ignoring their election wins. It seems there is little they can do about it unless they drop the Les majeste law changes (even if they do reflect growing public opinion maybe).

The politicians outside MFP are just in it for their own gains and will forget who and why they were voted in. 

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Looking at the situation, the only way moving forward smooth is to get rid of the senators who are acting as barriers due to the contitutional changes. Once the new PM is selected, the first thing has to be done is to revert the constitution to its origial state and get rid of all the hurdles permanently from the parliamentary system. Failing which it will be a rough sea for the future of Thailand's politics. 

Very true and to an outsider like me an obvious way forward but as they say "TIT" and corruption and wealth are everything at the top.  The senators won't go quietly and more likely instigate another coup if their meal ticket is threatened by real democracy.