News Forum - Lost in translation: Foreign women turn Thai rice steamers into hilarious hats

Thaiger

Thai netizens expressed their admiration and laughed at two foreign women who mistook Thai-style bamboo sticky rice steamers for hats. They bought them from a local vendor who could not communicate very well due to the language barrier. A Thai man named Surat Seehabut shared pictures of the two European women wearing hats which looked … …

The story Lost in translation: Foreign women turn Thai rice steamers into hilarious hats as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well, this is far more better and cooling than the normal hat which has poor ventilation and very less heat dissipation. It is natural hat and it also promotes handicraft. Gives more protection to the nect region also. Well done ladies. What an out of box and creative way of doing things

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

What old style military hat does that resemble? British? 

image.jpeg.fa1ff308e7fdd9d8c5990579eb5ed35d.jpeg

%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%8B%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%8C%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%88%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B7%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%AD-37.jpg

Otherwise known as a pith helmet. Careful how you say that.

8 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Otherwise known as a pith helmet. Careful how you say that.

I won’t try because it might sound like I have a speech impediment and people might think I like men. 

8 hours ago, Clutch said:

This style of hat will be much better against the sun than my baseball cap.

I am getting one!

I was thinking to use it as a ball sports cup. About the right size. 

• Haha 1