News Forum - Thai man punches South Korean YouTuber for filming him in Pattaya

Thaiger

A Thai man punching a South Korean YouTuber in the face on the beach in Pattaya has gone viral on YouTube. The Thai attacker blamed the foreigner for filming him without permission. A video of the attack on the victim, 38 year old Anseong Ri, was shared on the YouTube Channel, 시수기릿[girit].  According to ThaiRath, … …

The story Thai man punches South Korean YouTuber for filming him in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What was he filming at 2 am in the morning? Filming about people romancing on the beach? Let it be a good lesson for him. "You film me, I punch you" end of story. People should know their limits and freedom to do things. 

• Like 3

Must admit these you tubers are everywhere and I do find it annoying when they point the camera in my direction, they never ask if it’s ok it just seems they think it is their right. 

• Like 3

I despise and do not condone anyone who tries to get me in their video. It is justified to punch them if they don’t adhere to when you say don’t video me. Our generation of wanna be. 

• Like 3

Strange article.
Filming at 2 a.m. on the beach? Must be very dark then. And problem with a guy renting beach chairs? Must be very busy there at night.
Oh, and what about the police charging 34000 Baht???

I sympathise that no one wants to be filmed without permission. But if its in a public area, where filming is permitted, can it be illegal, or even legislated against? 

23 minutes ago, Karolyn said:

I sympathise that no one wants to be filmed without permission. But if its in a public area, where filming is permitted, can it be illegal, or even legislated against? 

These wanna be video takers need to back off or risk being punched or worse. There still is a thing about invasion of privacy and one's personal space. Taking pictures or videos out in public is ok if you use scrupules.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

These wanna be video takers need to back off or risk being punched or worse. There still is a thing about invasion of privacy and one's personal space. Taking pictures or videos out in public is ok if you use scrupules.

I certainly agree, but it must be difficult to legislate against, unless the cameraman is aware he is causing distress, and still persists, thus constituting harassment

Just now, Karolyn said:

I certainly agree, but it must be difficult to legislate against, unless the cameraman is aware he is causing distress, and still persists, thus constituting harassment

These people should already know that they need to do their BS videos wisely. They can tell when someone is not OK and is weaving to avoid them. Take the chance and then take the chance getting punched or beaten up. I am fully ok with them being beaten up if they overstep the line. I always do duck or covers and I actually put my hand up top them and say no, and if they don't abide by my wish, well this to date has never happened so far. But if it did I would be in their face. .

• Like 3

To show you how addicted these YTers are to validation and filming everything, this guy got punched in the face multiple times and still kept filming it all lol.  I have no sympathy for these YTers that seem to be everywhere in the major cities of Thailand and ruining the country.  I'm surprised more Thais don't have the response that this vendor had.

Eventually Thailand is going to have to institute a law against at the very least live streaming.

• Like 2

Violence is never the answer.  

...others believe he deserved the consequences due to his violation of others’ privacy.

If this happened on a public beach, then there should be no expectation of privacy.  The attacker needs to be charged.

• Like 3

There's far to many of these YouTubers in Pattaya trying to make a quick quid filming everyday People that are enjoying the holiday they brought and paid for the retirement they saved for or or girls trying to make a living. 

I've noticed over the past year people are getting very aggressive towards them especially the girls in Soi 6 ,Soi LK and Walking Street.

And I've got to admit I've no sympathy when they get a well deserved clip for invading People's space. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Augratin said:

Violence is never the answer.  

If this happened on a public beach, then there should be no expectation of privacy.  The attacker needs to be charged.

Yeah, every you tuber has the right to film everything he likes.

And if you dont wanna get recognized, if they pointing the cam at you, get a burqa

I dont like them either.

I just would have expexted, that the thai guy has to pay also,  500 or 1000 baht.

For dwmaging the image of pattaya

He did not hit him for the filming, he did hit him for the finger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 23RD said:

There's far to many of these YouTubers in Pattaya trying to make a quick quid filming everyday People that are enjoying the holiday they brought and paid for the retirement they saved for or or girls trying to make a living. 

I've noticed over the past year people are getting very aggressive towards them especially the girls in Soi 6 ,Soi LK and Walking Street.

And I've got to admit I've no sympathy when they get a well deserved clip for invading People's space. 

They need to get cracked on the side of the head. I personally will not tolerate it and especially if have a stroll or a drink in a bar or on a girly street. Not that I do anything wrong but these p r I c k s need to go away or be ostracized from normal society. I can’t believe what our world has turned into. Even these dorks doing food here like the tattoo pathetic guy. I hope most would choke on a chicken bone and pass away. Have one who was a son of usa missionaries ( Mark W) here and he made over $2 million. The guy opens his mouth way too wide and chews like it’s a cud. But he is well liked but I cannot deal with his videos. Over the top. SOW. Save our World! 

36 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

They need to get cracked on the side of the head. I personally will not tolerate it and especially if have a stroll or a drink in a bar or on a girly street. Not that I do anything wrong but these p r I c k s need to go away or be ostracized from normal society. I can’t believe what our world has turned into. Even these dorks doing food here like the tattoo pathetic guy. I hope most would choke on a chicken bone and pass away. Have one who was a son of usa missionaries ( Mark W) here and he made over $2 million. The guy opens his mouth way too wide and chews like it’s a cud. But he is well liked but I cannot deal with his videos. Over the top. SOW. Save our World! 

Totally agree gone are the days of a bloke with a SLR Camera in their bum bags trying to snap a sly photo of a Bargirl.

These YouTubers are invasive which is probably why there is more instances of them getting smacked outta their Crocs over the last few years. 

They rarely ask permission to film People. 

Attitudes towards them are definitely changing in Pattaya. 

• Like 1

It's not like Pattaya—with its beach and its nightlife (which runs to about 08.00 in some Walking Street places for those in the know)—is a popular, well-known, world-wide tourist destination, or anything.

... And I, for one, have never heard of a tourist having the slightest interest in photo or videographing his experience.

Unheard of.

We must still be in Kansas, Toto.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Totally agree gone are the days of a bloke with a SLR Camera in their bum bags trying to snap a sly photo of a Bargirl.

These YouTubers are invasive which is probably why there is more instances of them getting smacked outta their Crocs over the last few years. 

They rarely ask permission to film People. 

Attitudes towards them are definitely changing in Pattaya. 

A lot of them are sneaking it as in having the video on whole walking. Should be warning signs: You wanna be video takers are officially notified that you will get the justified c r a p kicked out of you. Bars in Bangkok have signs, No Photos. 
I love you saying: them getting smacked outta their Crocs . Too funny. 

• Like 1

While I do not condone violence, these YouTubers are annoying as hell and essentially making money by filming other people without permission - which is actually illegal and immoral. To make matters worse some of these people think they have the absolute right to film anyone even against their wishes. In this case the "victim" could've just stopped filming and apologize once confronted - instead he chose to confront and annoy the "attacker" even further. Got what he deserved.

• Like 1

I don't condone violence but find it very difficult to have any sympathy for this 'you tuber' filming people without their permission.

22 hours ago, ChrisS said:

I don't condone violence but find it very difficult to have any sympathy for this 'you tuber' filming people without their permission.

I condone violence, there should be more of it.................then there would be less assholes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1