News Forum - Phuket launches free bus rides for tourists flying in from Bangkok

Thaiger

A new initiative aimed at promoting local transportation in Phuket got into gear yesterday, offering 1,500 free passes to qualifying travellers who choose to take the Phuket Smart Bus, on the airport to Rawai route. The campaign, granted by the Phuket office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), is set to run until the … …

The story Phuket launches free bus rides for tourists flying in from Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How many buses are they planning. If they only have one bus then most likely it will end-up in workshop most of the time. There should be a fleet of busses with regular hourly service, Then it would be effective

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

How many buses are they planning. If they only have one bus then most likely it will end-up in workshop most of the time. There should be a fleet of busses with regular hourly service, Then it would be effective

You don`t know much about Phuket, do you?

phuket smart bus - timetable - tracking site

https://phuketsmartbus.com

(Why can`t I insert a link as a link, please?)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guest1 said:

You don`t know much about Phuket, do you?

phuket smart bus - timetable - tracking site

https://phuketsmartbus.com

(Why can`t I insert a link as a link, please?)

Thanks for the link. Normally I ride my motorcycle to Thailand. I seldom take public or private transport. The last I fly to Phuket was in 2011. After that all land crossing in my motorcycle. Anyway it is good info. I shall share the link with my friends and colleagues who normally fly there. TQ

My trip in June this year me and the kids just took a 1000 baht service airport private car to Kata and it was really an enjoyable trip with an enjoyable girl driver. Fast, no hassle and dor to door no mafia. Big deal it was 1000 baht, I don't care about that if all else is well. So easy!

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

My trip in June this year me and the kids just took a 1000 baht service airport private car to Kata and it was really an enjoyable trip with an enjoyable girl driver. Fast, no hassle and dor to door no mafia. Big deal it was 1000 baht, I don't care about that if all else is well. So easy!

I've never had an issue with Phuket limo at the airport

Back in the day, they would stop at the travel agent and try and sell you stuff

But after having that done once, I would just tell the drivers I didn't want to stop before I got in the car and they always agreed 

This last time in Phuket we took a great Toyota Camry

Nice and big and drove so smooth

I was in the front and my wife and MIL in the back

So I didn't speak to my wife during the drive

The funny thing is she mentioned how nice the Camry was and maybe we should buy one 

And I told her that was exactly what I was thinking as well.   😀

4 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I've never had an issue with Phuket limo at the airport

Back in the day, they would stop at the travel agent and try and sell you stuff

But after having that done once, I would just tell the drivers I didn't want to stop before I got in the car and they always agreed 

This last time in Phuket we took a great Toyota Camry

Nice and big and drove so smooth

I was in the front and my wife and MIL in the back

So I didn't speak to my wife during the drive

The funny thing is she mentioned how nice the Camry was and maybe we should buy one 

And I told her that was exactly what I was thinking as well.   😀

Yes Camry can be real nice. My thai best friend used to have a top of the line one for his business and customers. Very nice. My last Phuket trip the airport service gal I mentioned was driving one that had 300,000km on it. Still nice and comfortable. Nice cars no doubt.