How Many Times Can I Enter Thailand & How Many Times Can I Extend for 30 days?

Someonenew

I read recently that i can enter Thailand twice per year as a tourist and get a 30 day visa and then extend twice, once for each entry. Is this true or have the rules changed?

Not long ago, you could fly into K.L for the day, submit your Non Immi O application in the morning and be on a flight to Thailand that same evening. Not anymore. They enjoy torturing foreigners.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Someonenew said:

Not long ago, you could fly into K.L for the day, submit your Non Immi O application in the morning and be on a flight to Thailand that same evening. Not anymore. They enjoy torturing foreigners.

Why is it torturing when all they did was stop an abuse of the immigration system?  The short term visas are intended for short term visitors, i.e. tourism. If someone wishes to stay for  an extended period of time they must use the appropriate visa. The visa rules in respect to   tourism are intended to keep people  who have a high financial risk profile from entering Thailand for extended stays for the simple reason that they do not have the financial means to take care of themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Someonenew said:

How long is gour "not long ago", please?

Was it during covid times?

I did a couple of  Thai-visas in Malaysia/KL and other asian countries. And in europe.

The only countries, you could get it back the same day, haven't been in Asia.

Had to be consulates, not embassys

You can show a foreign bank statement with more than 400,000 baht when applying in Singapore and other countries but Malaysia forces you to send the money to Thailand for 6 months before you can apply. This has nothing to do with financial risk and everything to do with forcing foreigners to send money to Thai banks. Not only that, they record every Thai bank transaction so they know what you do with your money while in Thailand.