News Forum - Patong motorbike taxi dispute goes viral, ends in peaceful resolution (video)

Thaiger

An altercation between a local motorbike taxi rider and an unidentified foreign tourist unfolded in Patong, Thailand. The disagreement, which stemmed from a fare dispute, gained social media attention yesterday after a video of the heated encounter started to circulate widely. Patong Police yesterday revealed details of the incident which had been shared on a … …

The story Patong motorbike taxi dispute goes viral, ends in peaceful resolution (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yeah. when caugth with the pants down, then go for apologizing. This is the attitued of almost all those who cause havoc and caught in camera. Just charge them even if they apologize as this seems like an easy gateway for such people. 

• Like 1

-Salee and the unnamed foreign tourist were photographed shaking hands-

And the moto taxi driver was very happy, to help Phukets image

How can there be a disagreement about a BEFORE agreed price, taxi driver?

You accepted the fare by picking the person up and driving him to his location.

Oh, I have an idea: Many tourists pay this, because "it is not much"!

So they are succesful with it.

• Like 1

He should have refused the ride, and if not been nice and hoped for a tip. The foreigner should realize the fare 56 baht is not much, but then again it also depends on how far. In Bangkok I take motorcylce street taxi all of the time. although i sepak Thai with them they don't inflate the cost. So sometimes it is 40nbahgt and sometimes 60baht or 80 or 100 baht. But I also tip them an extra 20 or so for being good sports.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

He should have refused the ride, and if not been nice and hoped for a tip. The foreigner should realize the fare 56 baht is not much, but then again it also depends on how far. In Bangkok I take motorcylce street taxi all of the time. although i sepak Thai with them they don't inflate the cost. So sometimes it is 40nbahgt and sometimes 60baht or 80 or 100 baht. But I also tip them an extra 20 or so for being good sports.

Well that was interesting thank you.