News Forum - Another escalator incident rocks customers at a Bangkok shopping mall

Thaiger

Another escalator incident occurred in Bangkok, this time at a shopping mall in the Bang Na district of Samut Prakarn province. Fortunately, no injuries were reported. A Thai man, Nathakrit Khajorndechasak, who works at a mobile phone shop in the shopping mall, shared a video and a picture of the incident on Facebook. He said… … …

The story Another escalator incident rocks customers at a Bangkok shopping mall as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is only the tip of the iceberg. So now who is responsible for such things? Is OSHA awake? I am pretty sure if the authorities were to inspect all the mobile plaforms, lifts and escalators in the country, then it would end up like the fire extinguisher situation....

1 hour ago, Ramanathan.P said:

This is only the tip of the iceberg. So now who is responsible for such things? Is OSHA awake? I am pretty sure if the authorities were to inspect all the mobile plaforms, lifts and escalators in the country, then it would end up like the fire extinguisher situation....

Come on now. If a person by now is so oblivious to the dangers of escaltors and not on defense being on offense, then they should not even be walking across a street or even have a pet. I am always on alert on escalators and I am always at airports here and at malls. I flew 12 times domestically several airports in the last 2.5 months, and have been at malls more than 15 times doing escalators and elevators. 

With all due respect, but - You get around much? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Come on now. If a person by now is so oblivious to the dangers of escaltors and not on defense being on offense, then they should not even be walking across a street or even have a pet. I am always on alert on escalators and I am always at airports here and at malls. I flew 12 times domestically several airports in the last 2.5 months, and have been at malls more than 15 times doing escalators and elevators. 

With all due respect, but - You get around much? 

Vigo. True or not?

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

If a person by now is so oblivious to the dangers of escaltors

I have never heard of an escalator accident maiming or killing anyone until I came to Thailand. It simply does not happen in any other country I've lived in. Elevator accidents yes.. escalator? had no idea they were dangerous previously...

9 hours ago, Pinga said:

I have never heard of an escalator accident maiming or killing anyone until I came to Thailand. It simply does not happen in any other country I've lived in. Elevator accidents yes.. escalator? had no idea they were dangerous previously...

Not sure on the seriousness but it is has been well publicised that flip flops and croc rubber shoes have had their fair share of accidents.