News Forum - Nonthaburi police officer found dead in car under bridge

Thaiger

The dead body of a police officer was discovered inside his idle car under a bridge in Bang Bua Thong district in Nonthaburi province. Initial reports suggest that the officer may have taken his own life due to high stress caused by issues with a friend’s loan guarantee that has now fallen to him to … …

The story Nonthaburi police officer found dead in car under bridge as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Gotta be tough and smart in this life. If he was a good man then RIP and my condolences to all. I would never take on a nother person's debt as singnatory back up unless I could afford to write it off. 800k baht / $22k usd is not chicken feed.

From what I can gather from Thai friends he should have let the loan actions take their course.

He doesn't pay then he is put on financial blacklist, stuffs his credit rating forever, no chance of a legal low interest loan ever.

Seems they can follow your financials also, so you are forever being careful that nothing of value goes into your name. But he could have lived on and join thousands of other cops up s..t creek financially.🥴

Odd that they can scrutinize individuals' finances but fail miserably in the corporate arena and with scammers etc. 🥸