News Forum - Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha resigns from party and exits politics

Thaiger

The Prime Minister of Thailand, Prayut Chan-o-cha, yesterday announced that he is resigning from the Ruam Thai Sang Chart Party and stepping out of the political arena for good. The official Facebook account of the Ruam Thai Sang Chart Party, also known as the United Thai Nation Party, posted the resignation announcement of PM Prayut … …

The story Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha resigns from party and exits politics as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This may be unpopular; but I quite like old Prayut.  I think he has done a reasonable job of setting Thailand on a more stable path since 2014 and the obvious criminality before that time. I was impressed with the pragmatism shown during covid and his support and help to farangs on the vaccine issue when our collective Embassies were totally useless. Compared to the hysterics in my home country of the UK, he did better than Boris and his mob of incompetent's. I hope the new man lives up to his rhetoric, but I'm still a bit wary. We may yet wish that Prayut had stayed a bit longer. 

Cue the outcry 😁

You might feel justified in feeling that way but be honest here - little the Junta and later Chan Ocha have done has affected us foreigners insulated as we are by our pensions from the shite affecting your average Thai.

Our children have not been locked up for protesting against an illicit government - remember the outside world has the widely held belief that the 2019 election was a corrupt sham and that the election result was stolen from the real winners. The coupists Constitution was designed to prevent any other prime minister or party ousting the military-heavy government and peace was only restored due to the terror inspired by the constant crackdowns on dissent which had become well-nigh eradicated.

Section 112 and loose laws on computer crime etc have served the outgoing government well in exerting control, while under their incompetant mismanaging the country now has the biggest personal debt world wide, and air pollution was the world's worst in Chaing Mai recently while the government did - nothing!

Drought and flood were pressing needs but we are now warned about an El Nino drought for the coming year, and 18 separate dissenting water management agencies are unable to agree or cooperate on any solution. Farmers burn bio-waste in fields next door to police stations who simply close their windows and turn on the air-con and police corruption is reckoned to be at an all time high. 

As I said - bad air and the high price of energy, especially considering Thailand boasts of 50% over capacity and owning oil wells in the gulf demonstrating the hi-so elites control of basics while the equality gap worsens year on year. I hope the MFP coalition and Pita succeed this time and that the army are constrained against yet another coup and forced to relinquish their businesses - armies should not be involved in sports businesses, nor in drugs, people trafficking etc as they with police are reputed to be. 

The Thai people deserve far better than they have been allowed by successive corrupe military coups!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

We may yet wish that Prayut had stayed a bit longer. 

No we won't. Also, the only reason he is running is because he has been made to realise that Thailand doesn't want him. Probably has a nice retirement villa already chosen for him in a peaceful part of China.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

26 minutes ago, Karolyn said:

Neither opinion is really valid, since his regime did little to curtail foreign funded subversions. 

While you may well be correct that answer does not invalidate either opinion in the slightest. I assume you are referring to Chinese investments? Nothing to do with the Junta crippling the poorest and exerting control via dubious laws while failing to address the pressing needs of the people. 

All the time ministerial positions can be bought the wealthy not the competant will continue to run the country down. Take a look at , Anutin - a Health Minister from a construction background, clueless about health as the covid saga kicked into high gear Anutin cancelled orders for Pfizer and other vaccines on the grounds that people might say he was wasting money.

Consequently other smart countries snapped up available and future stocks and Anuting was thereby ultimately forced to buy a questionable vaccine from the very country that apparantly unleashed covid on the world and also at a far higher price.

When public opinion finally penetrated his proud arrogant skull and he managed to buy stocks from other, wiser, countries the proof was that people were rejecting Sinovac and Sinipharm almost en-masse in favour of Pfizer and Moderna. 

Even as recently as a couple of months ago Anutin told the people to get boosted for free at State Hospital, at least on of which ran out of vaccine after 3 days only (I know, I was there!). Yet that was with the pandemic experience under the "deleted term - use your imagination"  belt! You couldn't make it up! All gone very quiet now on boosters!

• Like 1

he knew his position was untenable, even if he were to continue as pm, his own image was severely damaged, and his best was simply no good, l like pita and what he stands for and what he wants to achieve 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigboatman said:

You might feel justified in feeling that way but be honest here - little the Junta and later Chan Ocha have done has affected us foreigners insulated as we are by our pensions from the shite affecting your average Thai.

Our children have not been locked up for protesting against an illicit government - remember the outside world has the widely held belief that the 2019 election was a corrupt sham and that the election result was stolen from the real winners. The coupists Constitution was designed to prevent any other prime minister or party ousting the military-heavy government and peace was only restored due to the terror inspired by the constant crackdowns on dissent which had become well-nigh eradicated.

Section 112 and loose laws on computer crime etc have served the outgoing government well in exerting control, while under their incompetant mismanaging the country now has the biggest personal debt world wide, and air pollution was the world's worst in Chaing Mai recently while the government did - nothing!

Drought and flood were pressing needs but we are now warned about an El Nino drought for the coming year, and 18 separate dissenting water management agencies are unable to agree or cooperate on any solution. Farmers burn bio-waste in fields next door to police stations who simply close their windows and turn on the air-con and police corruption is reckoned to be at an all time high. 

As I said - bad air and the high price of energy, especially considering Thailand boasts of 50% over capacity and owning oil wells in the gulf demonstrating the hi-so elites control of basics while the equality gap worsens year on year. I hope the MFP coalition and Pita succeed this time and that the army are constrained against yet another coup and forced to relinquish their businesses - armies should not be involved in sports businesses, nor in drugs, people trafficking etc as they with police are reputed to be. 

The Thai people deserve far better than they have been allowed by successive corrupe military coups!

Their civilian governments have been no better, in fact arguably more useless and corrupt .   

2 hours ago, bigboatman said:

Take a look at , Anutin - a Health Minister from a construction background, clueless about health

With a nickname meaning 'rat', what do you expect - sorry, just another filthy farang expressing my opinion.

• Like 1

He can bold face say anything he likes as the definition for politics and retreating from them. But there are two words that are?... One is Privy and the other is Cxxncxil. No more to say on this as best to leave indepth talk out of it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, palooka said:

Had a drink to celebrate. 🙂

Only one? Tonight is party night. The only thing that could make this better would be if someone genuinely tole me that Anutin the Rat was folding up and going home.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, palooka said:

Had a drink to celebrate. 🙂

Yeah as he becomes into the Privy as a real indoctrinated brother.. If you understand what I am getting at. He is already one of those. Now they really control the country in many Thai opinions. It is not the government in the end which became Thaksin's real demise. 

One needs to look at who calls the shots. If it is out of spectrum or being sour, then they call the shots. Go back and think about Thaksin. He always went to Prem's b-day at his house to pay respect. Always! Was in the news every year that Thaskin kissed arse to him and them. Well that is unoficial ofcourse, but Thaskin loved Prem? Yes and no. And the council? I don't know. But perhaps maybe knowing who and how the history realy went down? I have my viewpoint and Thakskin went against the Privy grain. Yeah isn't political but it is the established who is in control. Yes or no? Politics is nothing but publicised stuff that ultimately gets washed by the commands of you should know who. PC. Huh? It is all cool, but the real powers that be are not the elected in the end. But ok. Abide by the rules and then it is only politics and the party will survive. Huh? Can you follow me? Even though elected, thye are overshadowed but the real ....... Directors of Thai people and the land... Privy

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

that Anutin the Rat was folding up and going home

Dream on, he is in the construction business and everything they build falls down.

If he leaves who protects his company politically and gets all those sweetheart deals for them.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah as he becomes into the Privy as a real indoctrinated brother.. If you understand what I am getting at. He is already one of those. Now they really control the country in many Thai opinions. It is not the government in the end which became Thaksin's real demise. 

One needs to look at who calls the shots. If it is out of spectrum or being sour, then they call the shots. Go back and think about Thaksin. He always went to Prem's b-day at his house to pay respect. Always! Was in the news every year that Thaskin kissed arse to him and them. Well that is unoficial ofcourse, but Thaskin loved Prem? Yes and no. And the council? I don't know. But perhaps maybe knowing who and how the history realy went down? I have my viewpoint and Thakskin went against the Privy grain. Yeah isn't political but it is the established who is in control. Yes or no? Politics is nothing but publicised stuff that ultimately gets washed by the commands of you should know who. PC. Huh? It is all cool, but the real powers that be are not the elected in the end. But ok. Abide by the rules and then it is only politics and the party will survive. Huh? Can you follow me? Even though elected, thye are overshadowed but the real ....... Directors of Thai people and the land... Privy

It is just what it is and I can guarantee you most all 99% of all Thai do not know this or see it like this, but Thakskin did, and this is what ws his fallout demise as in bye bye. Now think about this. Government here is not what you would think, but who is actually behind the scenes is controlling or direction for the whats they need. Regime, ? 

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

It is just what it is and I can guarantee you most all 99% of all Thai do not know this or see it like this, but Thakskin did, and this is what ws his fallout demise as in bye bye. Now think about this. Government here is not what you would think, but who is actually behind the scenes is controlling or direction for the whats they need. Regime, ? 

I dont care unless it effects me. And it does not effect my living here so far. But it does effect my kids life and lives. But then again they are Thai and they must stand up for their future. For what Thai Gov think of me, I am a 3rd class non citizen with no rigths even though I have spent millions of baht and raised my kids that are 10% Thai and will be a pro for their declining population. I should be granted Thai citizenship, but fat no chance. F-them! Fuc* them for not making me part of their civilization of Thai on an excepted not thia but as citizen. F-Them the regime and a-hole dinosaurs. My old close Thai friends who are very successful and wealthy think I already should be.

I dont care unless it effects me. And it does not effect my living here so far. But it does effect my kids life and lives. But then again they are Thai and they must stand up for their future. For what Thai Gov think of me, I am a 3rd class non citizen with no rigths even though I have spent millions of baht and raised my kids that are 10% Thai and will be a pro for their declining population. I should be granted Thai citizenship, but fat no chance. F-them! Fuc* them for not making me part of their civilization of Thai on an excepted not thia but as citizen. F-Them the regime and a-hole dinosaurs. My old close Thai friends who are very successful and wealthy think I already should be.

There is way more underlying than you know. I just deleted a novel I wrote as it is not for me to say as I do not want their wrath coming to me and my family.

There is way more underlying than you know. I just deleted a novel I wrote as it is not for me to say as I do not want their wrath coming to me and my family.

Thailand is a great country to live in, but do not get into their internal polics and Privy shit. 

My wife and kids are Thai, but even they do not want the old school jackal to bite them. Just not wortht it. Cheers!

2 hours ago, palooka said:

Dream on, he is in the construction business and everything they build falls down.

If he leaves who protects his company politically and gets all those sweetheart deals for them.

No, it doesn'after signed off. WelI hope not the smaller structures I hope don't leak like the supreme one his company made. It is all about his company had the best bid for the job.. That goes through a panel 

3 hours ago, palooka said:

Any chance he may own the panel? 🤣

He is staying on as PM until a successful election. None of the senators will look away from who is paying them - under the table - so Khun Pita doesn't have a chance unless another 40 plus members decide to switch sides in a sweetheart deal, and we have no way of guessing how that is going to water down his party's election promises. The young voters are going to insist he stays the high ground.

My suggestion is that he start moving for a change in constitution to bring the country back to a level playing field. THEN... look at section 112 to keep the fractious youth happy. At the same time, I would be looking at just who is required in the senate. It is obvious that it is just an old man's country club at the moment who are beholden to the junta to keep them in playing money.

• Like 1

Prayuth retiring from politics?  He was never involved in politics.  All he did was change jackets so he could claim Thailand had returned to democracy - a military man in plain clothing.

He was and still is one of the 'generals' - no matter what face he shows to the public.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1