News Forum - Thai landlord’s electricity bill skyrockets as Chinese tenants remodel property

Thaiger

In a shocking occurrence, a Thai landlord experienced an unexpected surge in electricity bills after his property was rented by a group of Chinese occupants. His rented-out townhouse, featuring three air conditioning units running non-stop with windows firmly shut to prevent daylight from entering, eventually led to a drastic transformation of the rental property. It … …

The story Thai landlord’s electricity bill skyrockets as Chinese tenants remodel property as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Heck my wife goes apoplectic when the PEA bill hits 2,000 per month.

I just tell I'm comfortable and happy. Seems to be mollifying her to date.  😃

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

100% growing weed. Black out the widows and put everything in timers. He is lucky it is only a 30k bill. 

All that for weed and only for 2 harvests? In a country, where that stuff is legal, now?

18 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

All that for weed and only for 2 harvests? In a country, where that stuff is legal, now?

Word is here the chinese bad boys have been trying to buy up all the supply here going to all the growers in order to corner it and drive it up. I think that and illegally export it somewhere.

Also word is in California the Chinese and Mexican gangs are battling for supremacy there. So it seems to fit what they have been trying to do here, but not sure if they are even any bit succesful unless they do the scare tactics. But hen again, this is just what the word is and not proven.

• Like 1

Either weed or crypto mining - or both. Either way sounds like they at least paid the bills so he's not completely out of pocket, just annoying.

• Like 2

Thai landlords are still very naive to home cannabis farms it seems. Bet he had walls full of holes for the support wires too !  Live and learn so you don't get twice bitten. 

• Like 1

"A four-story townhouse rented to three Chinese individuals"? i.e. 20 Chinese were living there. Good luck with the clean up though.

• Like 4

Weed you can see the oxygen bottles in photo, it is not that much too if you would be growing in multiple rooms, it is not just aircons but also the lights etc.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2023 at 8:40 PM, HolyCowCm said:

Word is here the chinese bad boys have been trying to buy up all the supply here going to all the growers in order to corner it and drive it up. I think that and illegally export it somewhere.

Also word is in California the Chinese and Mexican gangs are battling for supremacy there. So it seems to fit what they have been trying to do here, but not sure if they are even any bit succesful unless they do the scare tactics. But hen again, this is just what the word is and not proven.

Lots of unfounded rumors. Never heard of Chinese being interested in weed and I know the Chinese well. Almost certainly, the Mexicans will certainly continue to dominate the drug trade (including marijuana) into the USA.

4 hours ago, Highlandman said:

Lots of unfounded rumors. Never heard of Chinese being interested in weed and I know the Chinese well. Almost certainly, the Mexicans will certainly continue to dominate the drug trade (including marijuana) into the USA.

Really? Totally founded. 

IMG_6168.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Highlandman said:

So what were they growing in all those planters? Daffodils? 

Electricity bill through the roof because of all the air-con and UV lamps running.

The big drum of liquid fertilizer sitting out the back is a clue as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So what were they growing in all those planters? Daffodils? 

Dang. I thought they wanted tulips.🙂

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, palooka said:

Dang. I thought they wanted tulips.🙂

They may have been tulips but just of the bushy variety which contain a lot of THC.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

They may have been tulips but just of the bushy variety which contain a lot 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2