Metal detecting and gold prospecting.

Anyone do any metal detecting on the beaches, I have seen people on the beach at Jomtien and was wondering if it was worth my time bringing my detector. Saying that, I did loose my wedding ring while swimming at Jomtien though so might be able to find it.

I have also watched some YouTube videos of people panning for gold in Thailand. Always enjoy a day out panning.

Cheers

4 hours ago, RickThai said:

I have also watched some YouTube videos of people panning for gold in Thailand. Always enjoy a day out panning.

Hi Rick, Back in 2019, the wife and I stayed for a few days in Ban Krut in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, lovely place, train station not far from the beach. We rented scooters one day and rode down to Bang Saphan (another beachside place). Anyway, there we found a “Gold Panning Tour Office” or something similar. It was right by the 7-11. Apparently they do tours and such, it might be of interest to you.

(NB - the ride from Bankrut to Bang Saphan is the best in Thailand for coastal bike touring IMO if you are interested in that)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Metal detecting at Jomtien Beach could help you find your lost wedding ring, and it's a fun hobby. Panning for gold in Thailand can also be a great day out. Just be sure to check local regulations and enjoy your treasure hunting!