News Forum - 5 schools in Thailand offering French curriculum and language programme

Thaiger

Whether you’ve made the impressive jump across the globe for work or other pursuits, finding the right educational environment for your children can be a challenge. But don’t worry, you’ve landed in the right place. Below, we’ve compiled five special schools which offer a comprehensive French curriculum and language programme, giving your children a taste … …

The story 5 schools in Thailand offering French curriculum and language programme as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ahh the French. 

Most all in the world call a computer by same or similar.

Not the French they had to have their own word "ordinateur"

Really hate to break the bad news to all French speakers, you ran a poor third or fourth, (currently ranked 5th by some sources)  in international communication.

English is first preferred. (That fact must really give them nightmares) 😖

Just to add another barb, a language going out of 'fashion'.

Personally think if all the world's population spoke the same language, we would have a more cohesive world.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, palooka said:

Ahh the French. 

Most all in the world call a computer by same or similar.

Not the French they had to have their own word "ordinateur"

Really hate to break the bad news to all French speakers, you ran a poor third or fourth, (currently ranked 5th by some sources)  in international communication.

Just to add another barb, a language going out of 'fashion'.

Personally think if all the world's population spoke the same language, we would have a more cohesive world.

Which language then, and more specifically, which dialect?

Some languages are not ideal for the dissemination of complex scientific concepts, e.g. Chinese languages.

Shall we use Xhosa> I xpect that many of the older expats with their ill fitting clicking  dentures would be able to quickly  master the clicking sounds of Xhosa.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, palooka said:

Definitely sounds like some kind of projection. Rest assured though that virtually nobody gives a single f## about these matters. Now you sleep well. :)

Edited by Wackamole
projection not protection
  • Like 1

Well I guess thats great if you are a patriotic French person and there are quite a few French people residing in Thailand but given the amount of tourists that speak English as opposed to those who speak only French it would be far more advantageous to teach them English first. 

• Like 1

French is still a good language to learn and spoken in many places around the world and inside many countries at certain places. I think it is fine to offer this language. I took many years of French and Spanish in my USA school days. Other than Thai I would love to have a big reason to learn Vietnamese, but unless I open up some new businesses there and reason to visit several times a year staying for weeks on end ever time, I just don’t see myself dedicating more time to it than saying hi and ordering food or buying something.