News Forum - Mini bus driver caught on viral video threatening to hit foreigner with iron bar in Phuket

Thaiger

A video has gone viral of a Thai minibus driver threatening to strike a foreigner with an iron bar in Phuket. The case is under investigation by the police. In the video shared yesterday, July 2, a white minivan is seen parked on a roadside in front of a coffee shop on Ratsada Road in … …

The story Mini bus driver caught on viral video threatening to hit foreigner with iron bar in Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hopefully this lunatic will at least get the month in jail to deter him from further such assaults. Had the iron bar contacted the victims head it could very easily have resulted in death.

• Like 2

About 1% of mini-bus drivers in Thailand are professional and sane 

Booked a taxi to Ferry for Phuket and the guy shoes up 30mins late 

So we have to rush to get to the ferry on time

Of course he doesn't have any change for the 600 baht fare he charged and I only have 300 and a 1000 baht bill

I'm certainly not giving him 1000 baht 

He demands I go get change

Well the ferry terminal is packed and no way I will get change and catch my ferry on time

Well, the idiot didn't realize I took my backpack when I went and tried to get change 

Went back and tossed the 300 baht in the "taxi" and disappeared into the crowd and onto the ferry.....

• Like 1

Nothing will happen to the driver.

He will say "solly have bad hair day".

The cops will accept this instead of charging him with armed extortion.

Why?

Because they are lazy and it wouldn't have been an issue if the stupid foreigner had just paid.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

About 1% of mini-bus drivers in Thailand are professional and sane 

Booked a taxi to Ferry for Phuket and the guy shoes up 30mins late 

So we have to rush to get to the ferry on time

Of course he doesn't have any change for the 600 baht fare he charged and I only have 300 and a 1000 baht bill

I'm certainly not giving him 1000 baht 

He demands I go get change

Well the ferry terminal is packed and no way I will get change and catch my ferry on time

Well, the idiot didn't realize I took my backpack when I went and tried to get change 

Went back and tossed the 300 baht in the "taxi" and disappeared into the crowd and onto the ferry.....

This year again I booked tickets through the same woman near just a hundred yards down from Novotel Kata beach. It is just a hike in the wall room able to fit a desk and a chair with a sliding glass door l, but the driver last year and this year were great and before the time being on-time. Included in the tickets. 

An iron bar is an improvised, poorly concealed, and unwieldy weapon, rarely carried as such on a minibus. I doubt the driver was carrying it for defence - or attack. But my assumption on heating an iron bar was used in a fight, is that the one swinging it was on the defence. Who knows what happened? 

8 minutes ago, Karolyn said:

Who knows what happened? 

Anybody that has ever been confronted by a yaba fueled Thai could probably make an educated guess as to what happened 😉

• Haha 1