Jump to content

Thailand’s airlines feeling the pinch with no government support


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Asia Aviation, the largest shareholder in Thai AirAsia, says the latest partial lockdown threatens TAA’s financial status, with no government aid forthcoming. AA executive chairman Tassapon Bijleveld says the industry has been limping along without any help for over a year now and wants to know how the government expects to collect tax once large businesses collapse. In a Bangkok Post report, Tassapon says TAA’s liquidity is in a state of emergency, with the airline having to borrow funds in order to pay salaries this month. TAA is currently undergoing a restructuring process, with new investors providing a loan of […]

The post Thailand’s airlines feeling the pinch with no government support appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol and when they had money before they had insane to high prices, let them suffer they can better spend the money on people, not on a rich seo of an airline company

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Hmm, believers in karmic retribution may see this as just reward for Air Asia failing to provide refunds for flights they cancelled at the time of the outbreak in March 2020. A simple search online will show legions of disgruntled customers who have not been recompensed as is their legal right when airlines cancel flights. What goes around comes around.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Jay79 said:

just reward for Air Asia failing to provide refunds for flights they cancelled at the time of the outbreak in March 2020. A simple search online will show legions of disgruntled customers who have not been recompensed as is their legal right when airlines cancel flights.

Yup, I'm one of them. They made it almost impossible to reach the menu that allows you to select a cash refund, then a week later pretended that all those people had asked for a credit note.

Actual criminals.

 

Edited by SickBuffalo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s airlines feeling the pinch with no government support

The government support that the airlines and every other business in Thailand actually needed was for the government to order 50m shots of Pfizer last September, when everyone else was ordering them. Everyone would be vaccinated by now and the country would be open for business.

The cost for 2 doses of Pfizer for all 50m adults in Thailand would have been $1.5 billion.

Thailand easily has the money. The parts of the tourist industry that are measured bring in $80bn per year. The 3 Chinese submarines that Thailand never needed cost $1bn. The Sinovac that does not work costs more per dose than Pfizer.

They did set up some meetings with Pfizer and Moderna. Both companies have been surprising frank in confirming that they had to walk away from the negotiations because they 

The sheer stupidity of what they have done is a genuine tragedy which has changed the trajectory of Thailand for decades to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

The government support that the airlines and every other business in Thailand actually needed was for the government to order 50m shots of Pfizer last September, when everyone else was ordering them. Everyone would be vaccinated by now and the country would be open for business.

The cost for 2 doses of Pfizer for all 50m adults in Thailand would have been $1.5 billion.

Thailand easily has the money. The parts of the tourist industry that are measured bring in $80bn per year. The 3 Chinese submarines that Thailand never needed cost $1bn. The Sinovac that does not work costs more per dose than Pfizer.

They did set up some meetings with Pfizer and Moderna. Both companies have been surprising frank in confirming that they had to walk away from the negotiations because they 

The sheer stupidity of what they have done is a genuine tragedy which has changed the trajectory of Thailand for decades to come.

Sad and true as that maybe perhaps it will form the catalyst for drastic political change in Thailand during the next decade or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SickBuffalo said:

Yup, I'm one of them. They made it almost impossible to reach the menu that allows you to select a cash refund, then a week later pretended that all those people had asked for a credit note.

Actual criminals.

 

No worse than any of the others.  Vietjet is just as bad - just had 3 flights cancelled in a row.  Credit or GTFO.
Great, now I have "credit" at Vietjet, "credit" at AirAsia...

They're cheap at least, but less so when they steal your money at the drop of a hat.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 10

      News Forum - Phuket looks to entice more low-cost Saudi flights

    2. 10

      News Forum - Phuket looks to entice more low-cost Saudi flights

    3. 10

      News Forum - Thai passport worth less than Cambodian

    4. 10

      News Forum - Phuket looks to entice more low-cost Saudi flights

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use