News Forum - Take Me Out Thailand: American man gets blackout for his male chauvinistic attitude

Thaiger

I don't see what he said was wrong, apart from the not about women wanting just one husband, which is factually incorrect if we look at serial monogamy, and women initiating divorce when they fall out of love. 

Also Tangmo says successful women are single because they find it difficult to procure a partner. Au contraire, men do gravitate to high status females: look atmale fans of female celebrities, or in the history books, the many suitors of women such as Elizabeth I.

Tangmo is however correct, to point out women are delaying motherhood later and later. They often see this as a social expectation, and regret it later in life.

But the controversy about people like Tangmo isn't about fact checking. And I don't think its about what he said, with it being largely descriptive statements. It's about what he didn't say, and how he presented it - he didn't pay lip service to feminist/liberal perspectives. And in fact he signalled otherwise. 

Edited by Karolyn

21 hours ago, Karolyn said:

I don't see what he said was wrong, apart from the not about women wanting just one husband, which is factually incorrect if we look at serial monogamy, and women initiating divorce when they fall out of love. 

Also Tangmo says successful women are single because they find it difficult to procure a partner. Au contraire, men do gravitate to high status females: look atmale fans of female celebrities, or in the history books, the many suitors of women such as Elizabeth I.

Tangmo is however correct, to point out women are delaying motherhood later and later. They often see this as a social expectation, and regret it later in life.

But the controversy about people like Tangmo isn't about fact checking. And I don't think its about what he said, with it being largely descriptive statements. It's about what he didn't say, and how he presented it - he didn't pay lip service to feminist/liberal perspectives. And in fact he signalled otherwise. 

Interesting last point you made, still think he was there to stir up controversy for the sake of controversy.  Red Pillers wouldn't otherwise be caught dead groveling for a female, certainly not on a public TV show venue.  He got himself onto the platform and then read his manifesto.  Probably had a good laugh with his red pill mates later.

Caused me to think of people (on-line in particular) who take the opposite side of progressive social/cultural arguments, often in the extreme, not because they truly care or believe their own BS, rather, just to troll and irritate the social/cultural crusaders and activists chanting from the other end of the spectrum. 

Red Pillers rather enjoy telling a man-hating blue haired feminist with a nose ring, to get back in the kitchen and "Make me a sandwich", then watch the feminists lose their collective s**t.  LOL.

Putin supporters who otherwise couldn't point to Russia on a map, versus all MSM "dumb people" who support Ukraine.

Crushing a Toyota Prius with a 4x4 Monster Truck belching black diesel exhaust to take the piss out of the soy-boy snowflakes whinging about global warming/climate change.  "Own the Libs".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TWS60 said:

Interesting last point you made, still think he was there to stir up controversy for the sake of controversy.  Red Pillers wouldn't otherwise be caught dead groveling for a female, certainly not on a public TV show venue.  He got himself onto the platform and then read his manifesto.  Probably had a good laugh with his red pill mates later.

Caused me to think of people (on-line in particular) who take the opposite side of progressive social/cultural arguments, often in the extreme, not because they truly care or believe their own BS, rather, just to troll and irritate the social/cultural crusaders and activists chanting from the other end of the spectrum. 

Red Pillers rather enjoy telling a man-hating blue haired feminist with a nose ring, to get back in the kitchen and "Make me a sandwich", then watch the feminists lose their collective s**t.  LOL.

Putin supporters who otherwise couldn't point to Russia on a map, versus all MSM "dumb people" who support Ukraine.

Crushing a Toyota Prius with a 4x4 Monster Truck belching black diesel exhaust to take the piss out of the soy-boy snowflakes whinging about global warming/climate change.  "Own the Libs".

Things like Red Pill are a mixture of inconvenient truths, and bullshit invented to piss off liberals. Wether anyone likes it or not, liberalism looked the same way in the 60s.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 7:49 AM, Pinetree said:

Your decision of course.  For me, I am not good at learning other languages, not even English some would say, but I certainly wouldn't spend my hard earned time and mental effort, to learn a language only spoken by circa 80 million people, in a World of 8 Billion and of absolutely no use outside of this small country.   I get by with my English, plus what limited Thai I have picked up over the years, that's more than enough to live here. 

Some of that I'd heard and adopted as my own, in order to rationalize quitting Thai language school many years ago.  Also told myself we probably wouldn't live here for the rest of our lives anyway, so why bother.   Still leveraging the excuse that I "get by" day to day alright, pointing at the flavor ice cream I want whilst making goo goo gaa gaa sounds to my wife.

Had I carried on with the courses, would have been quite proficient by now.  I regret it, and am embarrassed by what it represents.

How long you stay here, GI ?  - Long time.  

Wow!  You must speak Thai quite well by now!  - No, not rearry. 

Oh..... 🤐 (*Must be dumb. Lazy.  Or both)  

Imagine it could be awkward for my wife at times in normal Thai circles, beyond the Thai wife/Farang husband bubble. 

25 minutes ago, TWS60 said:

Wow!  You must speak Thai quite well by now!  - No, not rearry. 

Oh..... 🤐 (*Must be dumb. Lazy.  Or both)  

No, just sensible.  There is a whole World out there, numbering billions, who don't even know the location of Thailand, (and don't care) let alone that it has a language of its own that's not related to Chinese; yet.  

3 hours ago, Pinetree said:

No, just sensible.  There is a whole World out there, numbering billions, who don't even know the location of Thailand, (and don't care) let alone that it has a language of its own that's not related to Chinese; yet.  

How is it sensible not to learn the language of the country you are living in?

Sorry, don't mean to be harsh, but that sounds completely ignorant

28 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

How is it sensible not to learn the language of the country you are living in?

Sorry, don't mean to be harsh, but that sounds completely ignorant

Good point, but the way I look at it is that I am a temporary visitor here, only allowed to stay for a maximum of a 12 month extension, to a None Immigrant  visa,  that has to be renewed each year.  That doesn't motivate me to say that I live here on any kind of permanent basis, so why bother to learn a language, that is of no practical use outside of this small country, when the Thai government make it very plain by their attitude to me,  that I am here on sufferance, for a limited period of time only?    That is not ignorant, that's recognizing the reality of it.  

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Good point, but the way I look at it is that I am a temporary visitor here, only allowed to stay for a maximum of a 12 month extension, to a None Immigrant  visa,  that has to be renewed each year.  That doesn't motivate me to say that I live here on any kind of permanent basis, so why bother to learn a language, that is of no practical use outside of this small country, when the Thai government make it very plain by their attitude to me,  that I am here on sufferance, for a limited period of time only?    That is not ignorant, that's recognizing the reality of it.  

Not a bad explanation, I can't disagree with much of that

I still don't see how it's not sensible to learn the language if you are living or spending the majority of your time there

As I have said, I am dreadful at it, but haven't tried much but I really should

When i was considering learning Thai someone recommended "Don't bother, you are not missing much."

Me speaking nid noi Thai.

And tbh my current partner gets so much enjoyment out of my mispronunciation of Thai that i figure why spoil her good time? 😆

I did later regret not learning Russian or Ukrainian language when i resided in Kyiv. My excuse was that i could never decide which to learn. Insult my wife's relatives by learning Russian (they lived in Western Ukraine) or miss out on the majority of people who spoke Russian.

Looks like i made the right choice at this point what with current situation.

Дуже дякую to the ones who helped me survive Ukraine.

Plus there is the bonus of when random people feel the need to insult me from a safe distance i can only understand the English speaking ones so that cuts that fun down quite a bit. Of course i have always felt a bit of pride at inspiring folks around the world to learn new words to try to get a rise out of me 😄

I probably regret not learning to at least read Russian to enjoy Достоевский in his native language.

Nowadays, for me at least, life seems to be more about focusing what time i do have left on Earth on interests that are personal rather than join a club,or what have you, to mingle with local people. Maybe a little selfish on my part. A bottle of whiskey seems to always bridge any language gap 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I still don't see how it's not sensible to learn the language if you are living or spending the majority of your time there

I guess that as a final statement, I have no real need to do so.  Most of the people I interact with, including my near Thai neighbors, can speak some English.  No need of Thai in the City, or the local shops, or indeed when I travel around. I had more need of Mandarin when lived in Taiwan and I did make a lot more effort there, with a language spoken by over 2 Billion people.  Here, not so much. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I guess that as a final statement, I have no real need to do so.  Most of the people I interact with, including my near Thai neighbors, can speak some English.  No need of Thai in the City, or the local shops, or indeed when I travel around. I had more need of Mandarin when lived in Taiwan and I did make a lot more effort there, with a language spoken by over 2 Billion people.  Here, not so much. 

Yes you can definitely get by in Thailand not knowing the language

It is quite a comparison when I go tor Latin America or the Caribbean(Latin country)

How little English they know vs Asia(especially Thailand)

Down in Latin America, in heavy tourist areas, many times a restaurant or bar won't speak one word of English 

I don't mind, I get by

The comparison is shocking 

• Like 2

On 6/26/2023 at 4:52 PM, Pinetree said:

Sorry, my comment was harsh.  Recognize it wasn't really directed at you, rather, your comments forced me to look in the mirror.

Another factor for me was I didn't have a compelling reason beyond, "Why not!".  It was just something to do, and gave the atrophying brain muscle some exercise.    

So when the mentally lazy part of me reared its head after a few weeks at school, I took the easy way out.  Don't really need it, I'll just get by.  Not like I'm going to work, so no ROI on the money I'm spending.  I don't go out and do 'stuff' by myself anyway,  which presents the obvious question.  Indeed, I was limiting myself to activities with expats or some things outside the bubble where I knew the routine, didn't need to speak to anyone but if so it would be minimal, or lucky that a Thai could speak some English.

Got used to it but when I say it aloud/type on screen, sounds downright lazy and miserable, especially for 20 or 30 years more.

On 6/18/2023 at 3:33 AM, DeathAndTaxes said:

Or he can monetize it by turning himself into an Andrew Tate like guru for Thai guys and farangs wanting to move here, selling them monthly subscription access to courses on how to be a real man, meet women, handle relationships and be alpha-like. 

Why would anyone need such a "guru" in Thailand? this is literally the easiest place to get laid (or get a girlfriend) in the world. There's very little actual need for game or skill here.

2 minutes ago, Pinga said:

Why would anyone need such a "guru" in Thailand? this is literally the easiest place to get laid (or get a girlfriend) in the world. There's very little actual need for game or skill here.

Yeah while out seeing a movie with the family today, I saw a very awkward looking foreigner with a very pretty young hot Thai gal. It could be one or two of three things. 1. Very nice guy, 2. Huge bank account or a larger pecker. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 1:02 PM, Karolyn said:

Show me one woman who wants to get in a relationship with a fan - they don't exist. To a celebrity her fans are literally work, she does not see them as possible mating material. Regardless, celebrities and models are one thing, but successful career women are a totally different beast - most men would not be happy with a woman who's focused more on her career than on him. Not saying women shouldn't have careers - up to them - but they should be aware that they may be sacrificing other aspects of their life for said career.

7 hours ago, Pinga said:

Show me one woman who wants to get in a relationship with a fan - they don't exist. To a celebrity her fans are literally work, she does not see them as possible mating material. Regardless, celebrities and models are one thing, but successful career women are a totally different beast - most men would not be happy with a woman who's focused more on her career than on him. Not saying women shouldn't have careers - up to them - but they should be aware that they may be sacrificing other aspects of their life for said career.

Tangmo has said, unless he's been misquoted, that women with careers find it hard to procure partners.

What I wrote is this:

"Also Tangmo says successful women are single because they find it difficult to procure a partner. Au contraire, men do gravitate to high status females: look atmale fans of female celebrities, or in the history books, the many suitors of women such as Elizabeth I."

High status women today are arrogant, and dream that they deserve Mr Right. Which is actually the common tendencyamong Western females presently, related to matters like divorce rates - they think they have a right to be loved. They do in fact, have no difficulty finding healthy and suitable mates, in any meaningful sense. They're just daddy's little princesses, created by parental over-investments, at the intersect of feminism (ie. expectation that women follow masculinised female gender roles) and family values (ie. fawning upon girls more than boys). 

12 hours ago, Pinga said:

Agreed, but in any event Tate is a racist, misogynist, loser,  who nobody with any backbone needs to listen to. Loser?  Yes, because it seems very likely that  he is going to lose everything and end in in Jail for a long time.