News Forum - Tragic plunge: Irishman leaps from 23rd-floor condo in Bangkok

Thaiger

In a tragic incident this morning, an Irishman allegedly took his own life by leaping from the 23rd floor of his condominium located in the Bang Kae district of Bangkok. The distressed man, identified as Callum Mackay, was reported to be grappling with financial difficulties and feeling overwhelmed by the pregnancy of his girlfriend. Upon … …

The story Tragic plunge: Irishman leaps from 23rd-floor condo in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So many people in Thailand that really shouldn't be. A 41 year old should have a successful career and assets back home, but due to being an English teacher in Thailand he was penniless. He should've taken his Thai girlfriend and moved back home, where he could take care of his child. Instead he literally doomed it to a life of poverty and possibly the mother to prostitution (single mothers will do anything to provide for their child).

They discovered the upper part of the Irishman’s lifeless body on the roof of the second-floor car park, while the lower part and certain internal organs were found on the floor below.

Authorities promptly transferred Mackay’s body to the hospital for a thorough autopsy

Slam dunk of an autopsy, no pun intended, though I guess he could have been high on something.  RIP fella.

• Like 1

Was wondering how he became teacher in the first place. Teaching is a profession which needs high level of patience and tolerance. Anyone who cannot take such pressure should not come to that profession. When one's income is declining then one should adjust and accommodate a lifestyle that suits once means. I think his Thai girlfriend might have refused to change her lifestyle for losing face among the friends and relatives (well I am only guessing and I could be wrong) which might have put immense mental stress which forced him to take his life in a split of a second. Poor guy. May his soul rest in peace

Working at an  international school and financial problems? I would say he got at least 50k per month. 

13 minutes ago, Oldgrandmathai said:

Working at an  international school and financial problems? I would say he got at least 50k per month. 

Wife a teacher, rural, Philippina get 15,000 a month, European 35,000 a month, top private schools, more,

up to 50,000 so you may have the sums right for Bangkok.

But in Bangkok that is not a lot, particularly if they were dependant on her income and he was paying big rent on a long-term lease.

Reality is very unlike some of the totally misleading recruiting companies, online, that are spouting big numbers to prospective recruits.

My wife dreams of the income figures they quote as average income teaching.

(Probably getting rid of me would be number one if she had that income.) 😂 🥴

5 hours ago, Pinga said:

So many people in Thailand that really shouldn't be. A 41 year old should have a successful career and assets back home, but due to being an English teacher in Thailand he was penniless. He should've taken his Thai girlfriend and moved back home, where he could take care of his child. Instead he literally doomed it to a life of poverty and possibly the mother to prostitution (single mothers will do anything to provide for their child).

That's why it really shits me when young and middle-aged guys do GoFundMe

They should be back home earning a real living 

But they want to play fantasy land in Thailand and expect others to pay

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

No one should support them. Don't care for such people. As long as there is someone paying, such tactics will exist. Let them die standing. 

12 hours ago, Marc26 said:

About 10+% of the population have an IQ below 85 so there are a lot of passport holding Fiona & Forest Gumps out there. 

29 minutes ago, Fanta said:

About 10+% of the population have an IQ below 85 so there are a lot of passport holding Fiona & Forest Gumps out there. 

But on the reverse side of the coin some people have very large brains which results in the brain rubbing on the inner side of the skull resulting in a very thin brittle cranium. This condition often leads to the failing to understand the plight that some of these desperate people may be going through and results in making derogatory remarks that the deceased most certainly did not deserve. RIP

25 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

But on the reverse side of the coin some people have very large brains which results in the brain rubbing on the inner side of the skull resulting in a very thin brittle cranium. This condition often leads to the failing to understand the plight that some of these desperate people may be going through and results in making derogatory remarks that the deceased most certainly did not deserve. RIP

And some people, regardless of IQ level,  ignore context to deliberately craft a false narrative. RIP malicious intent draped in pseudo compassion. 

5 minutes ago, Fanta said:

And some people, regardless of IQ level,  ignore context to deliberately craft a false narrative. RIP malicious intent draped in pseudo compassion. 

And some pompous posters wouldn't know the difference between pomposity and Dodge City. 😀

38 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

And some pompous posters wouldn't know the difference between pomposity and Dodge City. 😀

Indeed. Using a man’s suicide to advance an unrelated personal agenda is the epitome of misguided self importance. RIP faux empathy

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Indeed. Using a man’s suicide to advance an unrelated personal agenda is the epitome of misguided self importance. RIP empathy

Sorry I am not joining in at your derision of a suicidal man who you nothing about but bring other peoples IQs by refering to them as Forest Gumps, have a go at civilly posting, that would be a turn up for the books.

• Like 1

Thread locked as it's turned somewhat nasty.

Bickering about this man's suicide, really is not, acceptable. 

• Like 1