News Forum - Highway horror: Civil engineer’s fatal crash claims delivery rider’s life in Bangkok

Thaiger

A Department of Highways civil engineer crashed his car into a delivery rider instantly killing him in the early hours of this morning on the Lat Phrao-Wang Hin Road in Bangkok. The driver’s alcohol test results are yet to be reported. Chok Chai Police Station officers and medical and rescue teams rushed to the road at … …

The story Highway horror: Civil engineer’s fatal crash claims delivery rider’s life in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How is it that the rest of the world manage to drive in the rain but in Thailand it is seemingly a problem? I get that sometimes in Thailand the rain is torrential but that happens elsewhere and so long as your speed is adjusted to the conditions it should not be a problem. God help Thailand if they ever got snow or ice it would be carnage!

4 hours ago, ChrisS said:

How is it that the rest of the world manage to drive in the rain but in Thailand it is seemingly a problem? I get that sometimes in Thailand the rain is torrential but that happens elsewhere and so long as your speed is adjusted to the conditions it should not be a problem. God help Thailand if they ever got snow or ice it would be carnage!

Honestly, I feel safer on the roads when it's raining. Less traffic and slower speeds make it less likely that you won't see it coming. And by the way, I'm yet to see a bad looking crash in the wet.. while in dry conditions I see horrible stuff so often.

On 6/8/2023 at 2:23 PM, Wackamole said:

Honestly, I feel safer on the roads when it's raining. Less traffic and slower speeds make it less likely that you won't see it coming. And by the way, I'm yet to see a bad looking crash in the wet.. while in dry conditions I see horrible stuff so often.

Most of my driving in Thailand is between Bangkok and Hua Hin Of all the times I have made this trip in both directions in both rain and dry conditions I have only seen one accident in the dry and an average of 2 accidents per trip in the wet.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Most of my driving in Thailand is between Bangkok and Hua Hin Of all the times I have made this trip in both directions in both rain and dry conditions I have only seen one accident in the dry and an average of 2 accidents per trip in the wet.

I see.. I drive mostly in urban areas so I guess in my case its over-aggressive driving that's the main cause of the accidents I see rather than vehicle control.

• Like 1