Jump to content

News Forum - Highway horror: Civil engineer’s fatal crash claims delivery rider’s life in Bangkok


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

A Department of Highways civil engineer crashed his car into a delivery rider instantly killing him in the early hours of this morning on the Lat Phrao-Wang Hin Road in Bangkok. The driver’s alcohol test results are yet to be reported. Chok Chai Police Station officers and medical and rescue teams rushed to the road at … …

The story Highway horror: Civil engineer’s fatal crash claims delivery rider’s life in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How is it that the rest of the world manage to drive in the rain but in Thailand it is seemingly a problem? I get that sometimes in Thailand the rain is torrential but that happens elsewhere and so long as your speed is adjusted to the conditions it should not be a problem. God help Thailand if they ever got snow or ice it would be carnage!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ChrisS said:

How is it that the rest of the world manage to drive in the rain but in Thailand it is seemingly a problem? I get that sometimes in Thailand the rain is torrential but that happens elsewhere and so long as your speed is adjusted to the conditions it should not be a problem. God help Thailand if they ever got snow or ice it would be carnage!

Honestly, I feel safer on the roads when it's raining. Less traffic and slower speeds make it less likely that you won't see it coming. And by the way, I'm yet to see a bad looking crash in the wet.. while in dry conditions I see horrible stuff so often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2023 at 2:23 PM, Wackamole said:

Honestly, I feel safer on the roads when it's raining. Less traffic and slower speeds make it less likely that you won't see it coming. And by the way, I'm yet to see a bad looking crash in the wet.. while in dry conditions I see horrible stuff so often.

Most of my driving in Thailand is between Bangkok and Hua Hin Of all the times I have made this trip in both directions in both rain and dry conditions I have only seen one accident in the dry and an average of 2 accidents per trip in the wet.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Most of my driving in Thailand is between Bangkok and Hua Hin Of all the times I have made this trip in both directions in both rain and dry conditions I have only seen one accident in the dry and an average of 2 accidents per trip in the wet.

I see.. I drive mostly in urban areas so I guess in my case its over-aggressive driving that's the main cause of the accidents I see rather than vehicle control.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 4

      News Forum - Buriram locals spooked as possessed medium pigs out on raw pork

    2. 7

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    3. 63

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

    4. 1

      News Forum - Centara ranked as Thailand’s strongest brand two years in a row

    5. 236

      What happened to all you Football Fans?

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use