Lionel Messi To Get £344 Million A Year

Faraday

e

What a huge & unnecessary amount!

Messiskynews-lionel-messi-psg_6177606.thumb.jpg.f7d66a2751cd9dcb05aac36c5eb94bb5.jpg one of the world's greatest players, had reportedly been offered €400m (£344m) a year to join Saudi club Al Hilal and was also linked with a move to his former club Barcelona.

Inter Miami offered Messi $54m (£43m) per year for four years, it was reported.

https://news.sky.com/story/football-superstar-lionel-messi-to-join-david-beckhams-inter-miami-12898223

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

if only they spent the money on their people, use to enjoy watching the game, no longer the case,mostly billionaire actor pretending to be footballers, prefer watching rugby more honest and entertaining

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harry1 said:

if only they spent the money on their people, use to enjoy watching the game, no longer the case,mostly billionaire actor pretending to be footballers, prefer watching rugby more honest and entertaining

Over paid, under talented and no social graces; that about sums up modern day footballers.   Its a game to be played by kids and adults on village greens, in the local park on on the beach when on holiday; the professional game is monumentally  boring.  

Actually, this says more about the socially corrupt nature of the Saudi Nation than it does about Messi. Who wouldnt take such a ridiculous amount of money for a year's so called 'work'.  SA is about as backward and immoral a Nation as you can get.  I would like to think that I would never take their tainted Dollars.  My only regret is that in 1992, we didn't leave them to their own devices with regard to Iraq.  I saw nothing much to distinguish them from Saddam. However, oil talks and makes you 'sup with the Devil', as in Messi's case and that other preening narcissist, Ronaldo.   

4 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Over paid, under talented and no social graces; that about sums up modern day footballers.   Its a game to be played by kids and adults on village greens, in the local park on on the beach when on holiday; the professional game is monumentally  boring. 

I agree with some of that for sure. Overpaid yes. Salaries are out of control. 

When you get a story of a player who turns down money to change clubs, it’s newsworthy. Also newsworthy if a footballer does something decent in the community.

• Like 1

I do wonder though if it's performance/results based..?

He must surely be given objectives to achieve,na?

7 hours ago, Faraday said:

I do wonder though if it's performance/results based..?

He must surely be given objectives to achieve,na?

In the case of the insane Saudi offer - probably not, they just wanted to buy status. With the European offers, maybe. Still silly amounts of money, but a lot of the sums of money moving around the top levels of the professional football world are pretty crazy - I often wonder how much of it is actually money laundering.

• Like 2

If you consider the number of shirt sales, viewership and sponsorship deals this will bring in, it's a very lucrative investment.

5 hours ago, Five said:

If you consider the number of shirt sales, viewership and sponsorship deals this will bring in, it's a very lucrative investment.

What, 300 millions worth, per year?  I don't think so. 

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

What, 300 millions worth, per year?  I don't think so. 

I think he was talking about Messi's contract with Inter-Miami, which isn't 300mil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1