News Forum - Thailand among 13 countries eligible for Canada eTA, bypassing visa requirements

Thaiger

Canada now allows Thai tourists to enter without a visa, provided they have previously had a Canadian visa or hold a valid US visa. The Canadian government announced this change yesterday, extending its Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) programme to 13 countries, including Thailand. The Canadian government has revised its relocation and services programme to ensure … …

The story Thailand among 13 countries eligible for Canada eTA, bypassing visa requirements as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Shame this program is not mutual.

Ha

I didn't even think about that

We were just happy about my MIL being able to come a lot easier 

A lot of Thais now get a better stay in Canada than Canadians do in Thailand 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Ha

I didn't even think about that

We were just happy about my MIL being able to come a lot easier 

A lot of Thais now get a better stay in Canada than Canadians do in Thailand 

how so?

Canadians can stay up to 90 days without a problem. 

Although Canada   can allow some visitors to stay up to 6 months, it is not guaranteed. often the  immigration officers can stamp a reduced period. The fact that Canadian immigration enforcement is a farce and they don't  go after illegals is another issue.  

There is a reason for the different approaches: Canada does not attract  pedophiles and low life criminals quite the way that Thailand does. Thailand doesn't attract the high spend tourists that  Canada does, so it has to manage what it does attract.