News Forum - Heartbreaking plea: Thai couple seeks urgent aid to save daughter from China nightmare

Thaiger

A distressed Thai couple residing in the Isaan province of Udon Thani made an urgent appeal to the Thai authorities, pleading for financial aid of 100,000 baht to rescue their daughter from a personal nightmare in China. The couple, identified as 52 year-old Man Duangnate and 55 year old Manee Duangnate, shared their heart-wrenching story … …

The story Heartbreaking plea: Thai couple seeks urgent aid to save daughter from China nightmare as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The authorities told me that I need money of 100,000 baht to travel home.

Really? A ticket from Beijing to Bangkok is a less than 10,000 baht. 

• Like 1

Well, there are many missing links in the story. It is normal in China also similar to Thailand. Police will never interfere into family matters. In this case it could be a cultural shock to her as it is a norm that most Thai girls will not step out of their circle. They cannot adjust their life according to different cultural situations. Most of them only see things as if all that glitters are gold. So when they realize that it is not gold that is glittering, then they will try to run back to their cubicle. 

What is stopping her from just buying a ticket, why is 100,000 baht needed? There are tickets available for less than 5000 baht - I just did a quick search on Opodo and the cheapest was £110 one way Beijing-Bangkok.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

What is stopping her from just buying a ticket, why is 100,000 baht needed? There are tickets available for less than 5000 baht - I just did a quick search on Opodo and the cheapest was £110 one way Beijing-Bangkok.

Thai reporters/copy writers have problems with Fx, maths and zero's so 100,000 is possibly an error.

Well, well, well, what do we have here? The story has got me scratching my head... 

Why on earth did she supposedly need 100,000 Thai Baht to leave China? I mean, come on! Economy class tickets from China to Thailand don't cost anywhere near 1/10 of that much as other bros pointed out earlier...

And let's talk about personal freedom, as a native Chinese, I can't deny that China does have a bunch of human rights issues. But c'mon, nowadays, it's highly unlikely for someone to be held back just because they're married. Buying a air ticket and jetting off on a vacation doesn't require a permission slip from your hubby. And hey, if she had already left her old digs, why the heck was she sent back to Beijing? Especially when her visa had expired, Shouldn't she be kicked back to Thailand immediately?

This article is full of holes bigger than Swiss cheese. Maybe we shouldn't be questioning the lady's story, but rather the competence of the journalist who penned this piece. Oh boy, what a fail! LOL.

As mentioned already - there is no reason why she'd need 100k to get back to Thailand. She needs a fraction of that for a one way flight and a passport or travel document. Unless there's something else not mentioned (debt, legal trouble) then there's no way she'd need that much. Sounds supicious.

And that's beside the point - what sort of parents can't afford 100k to save their daughter? surely she have sent them many times that over the years. More of a case of "we don't want to pay it so someone else should" then can't pay it.