News Forum - Visa crackdown in Phuket: Over 1,000 foreigners nabbed for overstaying

Thaiger

A crime-free initiative in Phuket has seen significant success, with over 1,000 foreigners caught for overstaying their visas. This achievement is credited to the collaboration between the Phuket Immigration Office and 800 accommodation providers on the island, who have adopted crime-free measures that enable them to report any suspicious activities involving their foreign guests. Phuket’s … …

The story Visa crackdown in Phuket: Over 1,000 foreigners nabbed for overstaying as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Article quote: Between May 1 and 25, Immigration Police conducted raids at 1,550 targeted locations in Phuket, resulting in the arrest of 11 foreigners who had overstayed their visas and four others who had entered Thailand illegally.

1.550 raids? Is this even correct? If thsi is true the nthis makes Phuket one of the most retentive Thai unfriendly places there is. Way to go! I am visiting in a week or so for holiday again, but i am always above board, but then again I really do not want to be stopped or see any of these people.

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Article quote: Between May 1 and 25, Immigration Police conducted raids at 1,550 targeted locations in Phuket, resulting in the arrest of 11 foreigners who had overstayed their visas and four others who had entered Thailand illegally.

1.550 raids? Is this even correct? If thsi is true the nthis makes Phuket one of the most retentive Thai unfriendly places there is. Way to go! I am visiting in a week or so for holiday again, but i am always above board, but then again I really do not want to be stopped or see any of these people.

Cooperation between immigration and accomodation providers.
If you check in at a hotel your passport is checked. So immigration has just to control the papers. I think this is done worldwide.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alavan said:

If you check in at a hotel your passport is checked. So immigration has just to control the papers. I think this is done worldwide.

I use my pink card no passport.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alavan said:

And this is more a witch and money hunt PR stunt rather than anything else.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I use my pink card no passport.

whatever you use, you must show identification papers at check in. When I rent a house from a friend in Phuket he has to show my ID papers to the office of the company where his house is situated

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

whatever you use, you must show identification papers at check in. When I rent a house from a friend in Phuket he has to show my ID papers to the office of the company where his house is situated

Not sure with the pink id but I don't think so the file with the immigration as it is not a passport and in their system. They do photo copy it at some place as that is some hotel policy whcih if something gets stolen or broken etc, then they have my details.

On 6/1/2023 at 5:34 AM, Alavan said:

Not worldwide. Never had hotel check my passport in Canada, USA, EU.

16 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Sorry, the hotel asks your ID when checking in in France and Belgium. And both are part of the EU.

55 minutes ago, Vigo said:

In Canada and US, I use my Canadian DL

But anywhere else, I give my passport

I think often they ask for passport most times but next time I will give my Canadian DL and see what they say

Going to Dominican Republic next week but staying in Airbnb, may stay hotels last 2 days and will try it