News Forum - Canadian boxer accuses Thai restaurant of poisoning him

Thaiger

A Canadian boxer accused a Thai restaurant of poisoning him because of a previous insult to Muay Thai. The boxer, Dave Leduc, took to Facebook on Sunday, May 28, to share selfies with captions written in Burmese and Cambodian languages. Apologising for not responding to all the messages, Leduc stated that he had been in … …

The story Canadian boxer accuses Thai restaurant of poisoning him as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just another nobody trying to make a name for himself by being provocative. This might work for YouTubers and rappers, but less so for Muay Thai in a country where "face" is everything. Well, play stupid games - win stupid prizes. Keep him banned.

Gives Canada a bad name. Maybe Canada should consider leaving him stateless. These sort of people I could care less about as well as most all of the fly by night YouTubers now here in Thailand acting like they know it all too. Kick them all out. 

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Gives Canada a bad name. Maybe Canada should consider leaving him stateless. These sort of people I could care less about as well as most all of the fly by night YouTubers now here in Thailand acting like they know it all too. Kick them all out. 

Why would it give Canada a bad name? He is acting as an individual, not as a representative of  Canada. His Muay Thai talk is trash talk common to the promotion of the regional fights. It's like  professional wrestling in North America, or preliminary  Sumo wrestling in Japan. Besides, maybe he was poisoned. I don't put too much credibility on anyone in Muay Thai because I have felt from some time that the results are often predetermined.

7 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Why would it give Canada a bad name? He is acting as an individual, not as a representative of  Canada. His Muay Thai talk is trash talk common to the promotion of the regional fights. It's like  professional wrestling in North America, or preliminary  Sumo wrestling in Japan. Besides, maybe he was poisoned. I don't put too much credibility on anyone in Muay Thai because I have felt from some time that the results are often predetermined.

Then he shouldn’t say he is Canadian or the news should not print it. The guy is a putz who borders on having slight intelligence. On the other hand, predetermined I can agree with you on that these things are set up in many situations for who will take the fall. Have watched my fair share of them 

16 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Then he shouldn’t say he is Canadian or the news should not print it. The guy is a putz who borders on having slight intelligence. On the other hand, predetermined I can agree with you on that these things are set up in many situations for who will take the fall. Have watched my fair share of them 

I wouldn't even call him Canadian, he's Quebecois

That would best describe him

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Snotty French attitude in his bones?

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

He actually showed up to support some anti-lockdown protests in Quebec in 2021 and got arrested, and whined about his treatment by the provincial police.

Seems no matter where he goes he is angry at local politics and policies.