APEC card???

Wondering if anyone (from USA?) has the APEC card?

I now have Global Entry to ease back into USA (avoid lines), and they offer the APEC card also. Seems I might be able to get it as I work remote (though unsure of exact requirements to get it).

Anyway, it seems it may be good for 90 days (stay in Thailand)... but unclear if (as USA citizen) I still need the 30 day stamp on arrival and also if the 90 days are renewable and how?

Thanks,

2 hours ago, Dezmo said:

Anyway, it seems it may be good for 90 days (stay in Thailand)... but unclear if (as USA citizen) I still need the 30 day stamp on arrival and also if the 90 days are renewable and how?

On entry, you get a 90-day stamp (to conduct business), which cannot be extended.

Read the FAQ's which answer all your questions.
https://www.apec.org/groups/committee-on-trade-and-investment/business-mobility-group/abtc/faq

Note, the USA is only a transitional member of the APEC scheme and pre clearance travel cannot be obtained.

Two APEC economies are transitional members to the ABTC scheme: Canada and the United States.

ABTC holders from transitional economies are not able to receive pre-clearance from fully participating economies and must therefore present any visas, travel or other entry documents that are required for entry to their destination economy.

The reverse side of an ABTC issued by a fully participating economy will list the economies to which the holder has been granted pre-clearance. The reverse side of an ABTC issued by a transitional economy will be blank.

Thanks.. i was hoping to chat with someone who had experience too.. I did find this link also that confirms your link about tranistional... ... so it seems I may still need to get that stamp, extension etc. to stay longer than 30 days....(though unsure as the site refers to Visa...).     Feels like the only advantage is the faster lane processing.

https://www.cbp.gov/node/109202/printable/print