Condominium public areas - health hazard law?

js89

I'm looking for some clear information about the legal obligations of a condominium juristic person and a landlord with respect to public areas of the condo.

We have a 4 month old child. The rented apartment is literally overrun with cockroaches constantly due to poor management of the public areas by the juristic person and a failure to treat the problem. They seem indifferent to it.

Even constant use of poison and fumigating the room only treats the problem temporarily. The cockroaches are soon back. They are breeding constantly as there are lots of juvenile cockroaches. I'm talking hundreds of them. Frequently I can see literally dozens running around the kitchen area at any one time (it's next to the front door). All food is kept in containers and the areas are cleaned regularly. These cockroaches come from outside. The apartment is on the 26th floor!!

We have complained repeatedly to no avail. Both the cockroaches and the need to use poison are a serious health hazard, especially with a 4 month old child. So we need to find a new lodging.

Does anyone have clear knowledge - not opinion please - of any relevant laws that might allow us to recoup the security deposit, since we're still within the contract term?

Edited by js89