News Forum - Authorities visit Pattaya Beach to clamp down on sex workers, trans women, and homeless

Thaiger

Tourist police in Chon Buri teamed up with Pattaya authorities in a visit to Pattaya Beach last night. The authorities aimed to clamp down on troublesome activities on the beach posed by sex workers, transgender women, and homeless people and beggars. This was to ensure the safety of tourists. The initiative was in line with … …

The story Authorities visit Pattaya Beach to clamp down on sex workers, trans women, and homeless as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

city where the gap between the                                                     rich  and                                               poor  is so much.

Desperate to live and make money.

• Like 2

This provides quite the option for the tourism authorities to promote.  If one is looking for an affordable option with some exotic delight, then the Pattaya beach after midnight will be your next stop where a  person of the third sex can provide you with a memorable frolic in the surf.

The police seem to do this once or twice a year to 'clean up' the area. Trouble is they then ignore it again for the next 6 months. Waste of time.

From my own perspective, it's the ladyboys causing most of the problems, and I say that having lived next door to 6 of them for 7 months in Rawai, Phuket during Covid 2.0 in early 2021. We got along fine in that setting.

But up in Patong on Bangla and then here in Pattaya on beach road especially (I've recently moved back from Phuket)?

MANY of them are very touchy and pushy, and a polite 'no, thanks' often doesn't seem to do the trick. I've never had a problem with the street or bar girls in that way, and I'm an old timer... Pattaya Beach 1986 via USS Reeves.

6 hours ago, RNikoley said:

From my own perspective, it's the ladyboys causing most of the problems, and I say that having lived next door to 6 of them for 7 months in Rawai, Phuket during Covid 2.0 in early 2021. We got along fine in that setting.

But up in Patong on Bangla and then here in Pattaya on beach road especially (I've recently moved back from Phuket)?

MANY of them are very touchy and pushy, and a polite 'no, thanks' often doesn't seem to do the trick. I've never had a problem with the street or bar girls in that way, and I'm an old timer... Pattaya Beach 1986 via USS Reeves.

I sort of like seeing all the gals lined up and down the beach when I do a visit and same as you they never bothered me one bit, but I am on warning and cringe alert with these ladyboy vultures lurking about as nothing ever good comes from them. USS Reeves was quite the boat back in its day. Did you anchor and boat transport to shore or dock back then?